Livingston - all the threads merged

It really is a bit sad that he's enjoying seeing our club in pain. But never mind, there's been worse before him and there will be worse after him.

Massone must have ran over his cat or something...

Yawn :rolleyes: The sooner the blight on Scottish Football that is Livingston FC go into admin and cease to exist the better. Fcuking plastic franchise club that it is.

Andy?

I assume you are referring to my username? :rolleyes:

It was the registration mark of my first car.

Well, pardon me for seeing the letters "A", "N", "D" and "Y" in your username and assuming your name was Andy. You don't play darts in your spare time, do you?

Well, pardon me for seeing the letters "A", "N", "D" and "Y" in your username and assuming your name was Andy. You don't play darts in your spare time, do you?

Darts? Nah I'm normally too pissed to see the board.

It has just occured to me that instead of stealing a club that had it's roots and fans elsewhere and it going on to burn about £15 million quid of investors and creditors cash that it would have been cheaper for the council to have laid on buses to Glasgow for all the closet OF fans that make up the bulk of the Livi support and just bought posh seats for the councillors. :D:D

Edited by AND180Y

http://livinews.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/l...ds-keep-coming/

Not looking too rosie! It’s taken time, but the end is almost nigh. Too much bad money being wasted after good here.

One can only speculate, if only the tax payers money spent on trying to build this shambles up (or building the stadium up) had been put under the mattress instead, then the local residents may have been able to purchase themselves a medium sized local bank, like IF, and saved hundreds of jobs in the area.

As it is, it appears that local business are being savaged rather than saved.

While I don't respect Massone's actions through all of this, I think that a lot of this is rather unfair on him. I'm not saying this for definite but I'm sure that most other clubs have creditors that they have yet to pay. It seems that since one took Massone & Co. to court, the rest have followed suit and jumped on the bandwaggon. I respect that these are hard times for local businessmen/women but I think there needs to be a bit of reason here. Of course, the stumbling block on that is the fact that Massone hasn't answered these creditors initially and now thinks he looks like a fool if he gets payment plans with them which is of course ridiculous.

Two things needs to happen quickly for him for the football club to benefit;

1) Agree these payment plans with the creditors if possible so he doesn't have to appear in court every other week.

2) He needs to re-establish the local links with local businesses.

Massone needs to realise that while the football club is losing money, the real people who are suffering are the businessmen in this economic crisis. However, I think there needs to be some realisation of the football club's position from the creditors as well.

2000th post

Maybe I am being too micro-economic and not macro-economic enough here. Viewing things from an Italian perspective, given the strength of the Euro and weakening of pound, the value of the debt has dropped actually by 30% since the club was taken over last year!

Maybe they do know what they are doing and their financial prowess has been mis-judged! Thankks to the falling value of the £, being debt free by this summer is a really possibility!

Darts? Nah I'm normally too pissed to see the board.

It has just occured to me that instead of stealing a club that had it's roots and fans elsewhere and it going on to burn about £15 million quid of investors and creditors cash that it would have been cheaper for the council to have laid on buses to Glasgow for all the closet OF fans that make up the bulk of the Livi support and just bought posh seats for the councillors. :D:D

See you should've stuck to mocking our financial woes, now your just being a tube. :D

Maybe I am being too micro-economic and not macro-economic enough here. Viewing things from an Italian perspective, given the strength of the Euro and weakening of pound, the value of the debt has dropped actually by 30% since the club was taken over last year!

Maybe they do know what they are doing and their financial prowess has been mis-judged! Thankks to the falling value of the £, being debt free by this summer is a really possibility!

Now it all becomes clear. Massone has been slowly eroding the British economy from the inside with slur campaigns against the country's biggest banks. This in turn would lead to a weak pound and allow them to wipe out Livi's debt in one fell swoop with a suitcase full of euro's at the local bureau d'change.

Damn those wily Tally's, damn them.

The rush to get the money owed back suggests the creditors do realise the club's position.

Indeed. A local football club has often built up links with suppliers and small local businesses over many years and there will be an element of trust and consideration between both parties. Even Mileson's Gretna was able to hoodwink SOME of their creditors like Alibi's Structural Engineering company.

No such luck for the West Lothian franchise club who have been owned by a series of shysters and now an Italian football agent and lawyer. These creditors actually realise the importance of getting in quick to stand any chance of realising the money they are owed. ;)

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

Sell players. Go part time. Get relegated. Pay bills. or Go into administration and/or get liquidated.

It looks like it's not working (never was), so choose a pill marked 'sell' or 'admin'. Choose carefully.

:(