Livingston - all the threads merged

I realise he won't do this: but could Massone have a case against WLC? They take the company to court; force it into administration = forcing him out; then write off debt, and offer the club a huge rent reduction, alongside other assistance <_< . While making noises about the stadium site...

Surely it isn't in the competency, responsibility or legal ability of local authority to force a limited company into administration; see the owner removed; then offer the new owners changes to the 2 parties financial relationship, when those changes would have helped the previous owners situation?

Behave, Massone would still have fecked the club out of existance even if he got the stadium rent free, he had 1.5 M in other debt, you really think he'd have changed anything about the way he ran up debts and refused to pay anyone till they got the sherfif officers down to the stadium.

We all know the council and Ged Nixon/the Trust had a plan together to get rid of Massone, it wasn't a very well kept secret.

It would be absolutely hilarious if Massone did launch some sort of action :lol:

WLC's conduct in this whole affair is at best dodgy, and at worst completely corrupt. Any journalist worth his or her salt should certainly be doing some digging.

Yeah it would be as hilarious as your benefactor pulling out and wanting his money back and puting you in admin. <_<

Behave, Massone would still have fecked the club out of existance even if he got the stadium rent free, he had 1.5 M in other debt, you really think he'd have changed anything about the way he ran up debts and refused to pay anyone till they got the sherfif officers down to the stadium.

We all know the council and Ged Nixon/the Trust had a plan together to get rid of Massone, it wasn't a very well kept secret.

My retiral didn't last too long..........Liviforever has pulled me out of it with an astonishing little statement. Do you realize what you have said in that single sentence? Would this be why the Trust never wanted their cunning plan to be made wholly public?

Yesterday, there was statement after statement regarding the parlous state of public service financing, and the kind of draconian cuts that are headed our way.

Yet WLC are prepared to write off £300k, and accept £30k as a settlement figure on a football club, and reduce their ongoing rent by two thirds. Notice too that rent will be £50k as of next season, but this season, it is only £20k. Add that £30k settlement figure to the £20k for this season, and there you have it.........£50k rent for this season. The council have actually adjusted this season's rent down by £30k to disguise the fact that they are writing off every single penny owed.

Now we have your statement where you say that everyone knows that Ged Nixon and the Trust have been colluding with the council to lever public funds to remove the owner of a private company from office so that they could then install people who the council would then bestow with financial favours utilizing public funds at a time when severe cut backs to essential services are the order of the day (for that is surely what has happened, and therefore is surely the "plan" of which you speak).

If what you say is true (you are a Livvy supporter after all), then you are saying that your council have stepped way outside of it's remit. Those who have made these decisions may well have reasons for doing so which lie well outside anything that could be considered to be in the interests of the tax paying public. That is a real "sharp intake of breath" statement you have made.

I also look back on LLD's post on why this was all so grave because it was about "people's jobs". Yet you guys are looking for volunteers to do tasks that are currently undertaken by paid employees of the club or contractors. In other words, you want to get rid of people who are doing paid work.................what is commonly known as "jobs". I hope the irony isn't lost.

Edited by Guest

Really, who have we offered a full time contract since we lost our final appeal to the SFA?

That's a pretty disingenuous interpretation of his comment. A more objective interpretation would conclude that he was specifically talking about Winters who signed after the SFL demoted Livi to the 3rd and rejected their subsequent appeal, but before the Livi's appeal to the SFA had been heard.

that's when we accepted our 3rd Div status.

And the Livi5 and the administrator didn't think there was a reasonable risk that the SFA would uphold the SFL's original decision and Livi would remain a 3rd division club? The clue should have been in the row in the 3rd division league table which said "Livingston, Pld 3, Won 1, Drawn 0, Lost 2, Points 3".

Both Airdrie and, to the best of my knowledge, Cowdenbeath held off finalising their playing budgets for the coming season until the SFA appeals committee had made its decision and they knew which league they would be playing in. Livi didn't and ended up signing a player, who was on trial at Airdrie at the time, on a full-time contract.

It sounds like the original point stands - that Livi continue to spend money when there's a good chance they can't afford it.

Stuart

My retiral didn't last too long..........Liviforever has pulled me out of it with an astonishing little statement. Do you realize what you have said in that single sentence? Would this be why the Trust never wanted their cunning plan to be made wholly public?

Yesterday, there was statement after statement regarding the parlous state of public service financing, and the kind of draconian cuts that are headed our way.

Yet WLC are prepared to write off £300k, and accept £30k as a settlement figure on a football club, and reduce their ongoing rent by two thirds. Notice too that rent will be £50k as of next season, but this season, it is only £20k. Add that £30k settlement figure to the £20k for this season, and there you have it.........£50k rent for this season. The council have actually adjusted this season's rent down by £30k to disguise the fact that they are writing off every single penny owed.

Now we have your statement where you say that everyone knows that Ged Nixon and the Trust have been colluding with the council to lever public funds to remove the owner of a private company from office so that they could then install people who the council would then bestow with financial favours utilizing public funds at a time when severe cut backs to essential services are the order of the day (for that is surely what has happened, and therefore is surely the "plan" of which you speak).

If what you say is true (you are a Livvy supporter after all), then you are saying that your council have stepped way outside of it's remit. Those who have made these decisions may well have reasons for doing so which lie well outside anything that could be considered to be in the interests of the tax paying public. That is a real "sharp intake of breath" statement you have made.

I also look back on LLD's post on why this was all so grave because it was about "people's jobs". Yet you guys are looking for volunteers to do tasks that are currently undertaken by paid employees of the club or contractors. In other words, you want to get rid of people who are doing paid work.................what is commonly known as "jobs". I hope the irony isn't lost.

WLC is rotten to the core so no real surprise what has gone on!!

Quite funny that one of Nixons companies has had it's credit rating cut this week, maybe they found out he is involved at Livi :lol::lol: .

Just for you LIVIFOREVER

No, I think a fair number of people will be in the same boat and time will tell. Just think that in a few years Livingston FC will be held as an example to all the others clubs on how they should be run in a sustainable manner!

:lol::lol::lol:

Feeling sorry for you now that you're answering your own posts. :lol:

We've just sold a player last month, so that makes at least 1 in the last 5 years. We weren't accepting being in the 3rd Div right enough so you may have us on a technicality for that one. ;)

For how much?

It's not a technicality, it's fact.

It seems Livi Lions doesn't even want fans registering as... Livingston fans. Murky territory indeed.

I'm sure joining LL could pass off as missionary work, but frankly, it's not worth the trouble. They simply do not have the collective savvy to work out what is going on, and seem to detest anyone not towing CDE's line of "we are a smashing club supported by smashing people and owned by a bunch of spiffing fellows". As ever, the truth will hit them way down the line, and they will spend their time re-writing it so that it is the responsibility of the SFL/the banks/anyone else. They are set in their ways. That is what makes it such a comically clueless site. Best just to occasionally observe. Interaction with fact kind of spoils it.

I'm sure joining LL could pass off as missionary work, but frankly, it's not worth the trouble. They simply do not have the collective savvy to work out what is going on, and seem to detest anyone not towing CDE's line of "we are a smashing club supported by smashing people and owned by a bunch of spiffing fellows". As ever, the truth will hit them way down the line, and they will spend their time re-writing it so that it is the responsibility of the SFL/the banks/anyone else. They are set in their ways. That is what makes it such a comically clueless site. Best just to occasionally observe. Interaction with fact kind of spoils it.

It's these type of posts that I missed. :lol:

Creditors meeting on 17th September.

Livi were £2.8 million in debt!!!

Club sold for £225,000 and the proposed settlement to creditors is 0.05p in the £!! (I assume this is 5p)

Interim manager fees £74,000 for a months work!! total cost of admin and legals £141,000.

The council were actually owed £418,000!! With HMRC £1/2 a million!!

Edited by AND180Y

Creditors meeting on 17th September.

Livi were £2.8 million in debt!!!

Club sold for £225,000 and the proposed settlement to creditors is 0.05p in the £!! (I assume this is 5p)

Interim manager fees £74,000 for a months work!! total cost of admin and legals £141,000.

The council were actually owed £418,000!! With HMRC £1/2 a million!!

Bloody hell!!!!!!! :o:o:o I'm speechless.