Livingston - all the threads merged

Good views on Livvy, though I'm fascinated by this seagull problem. Do you all stink of fish?

They're all in the area because there's a fish processing plant ( I think) at Heathfield and thousands of them congregate there. So it's not that we smell of fish, it's that we have some industry.

Just saw the following on Livi Lions. Anyone who thinks [1] that it's necessary to have a full-time team to win Div 3; [2] that having a full-time team will ensure you win Div 3; or [3] that the losses incurred will in any way be off-set by alleged increases in attendances and turn-over... are mad. Stark raving. But we've been here 3-4 times before.

LL has plenty of nutters, like Pedro/LiviJames/Charles Darwin Esq/Deek/Seb530/Biko, all convincing each other the SFA are corrupt and/or it's blazers closing ranks and/or Livi are being victimised. Livi fans need a major reality check.

Morton had a largely FT squad in the Third. Including our final day gate of 8,000-odd, we still made a loss that season. And what a shock that was!!!!!!11

Have a look at this.

It's the Ayr United Chairman's blog on the official site.

Hits the nail on the head.

A chairman who knows what he's talking about!? f**k me sideways.

Yep, he's got it spot on, absolutely spot on.

:lol:

Nice deflection orco Jimbo.

Fixed it for you :lol:

Grant is spot on but getting loads of flack by Pedro/LiviTV/Plug/Scarface and others for pointing out the queerness of the council leader's decision to put Livi into admin for the debt then writing it off when Massone was gone.

What has Peter Johnston been promised by the new owners ? It will be interesting to see what comes about when the stadium is purchased from the council.

Fixed it for you :lol:

Grant is spot on but getting loads of flack by Pedro/LiviTV/Plug/Scarface and others for pointing out the queerness of the council leader's decision to put Livi into admin for the debt then writing it off when Massone was gone.

What has Peter Johnston been promised by the new owners ? It will be interesting to see what comes about when the stadium is purchased from the council.

How long do you reckon before a Freedom of Information request is winging it's way to WLC over this matter?

This could get very interesting....

How long do you reckon before a Freedom of Information request is winging it's way to WLC over this matter?

This could get very interesting....

I realise he won't do this: but could Massone have a case against WLC? They take the company to court; force it into administration = forcing him out; then write off debt, and offer the club a huge rent reduction, alongside other assistance <_< . While making noises about the stadium site...

Surely it isn't in the competency, responsibility or legal ability of local authority to force a limited company into administration; see the owner removed; then offer the new owners changes to the 2 parties financial relationship, when those changes would have helped the previous owners situation?

I realise he won't do this: but could Massone have a case against WLC? They take the company to court; force it into administration = forcing him out; then write off debt, and offer the club a huge rent reduction, alongside other assistance <_< . While making noises about the stadium site...

Surely it isn't in the competency, responsibility or legal ability of local authority to force a limited company into administration; see the owner removed; then offer the new owners changes to the 2 parties financial relationship, when those changes would have helped the previous owners situation?

It would be absolutely hilarious if Massone did launch some sort of action :lol:

WLC's conduct in this whole affair is at best dodgy, and at worst completely corrupt. Any journalist worth his or her salt should certainly be doing some digging.

Today's RDA of Livi fantasism comes from the ever-reliable font of ssq:

Whilst I can accept what's being said here (and my initial reaction to the prices was that they were higher than I expected), I think people have to bear in mind that that the fans of other 3rd Division clubs aren't paying to watch full-time players, some of whom are 1st Division standard, playing in an SPL-standard stadium. We may now be in the 3rd but given the circumstances, I don't think it fair that we're suddenly measured against our new peers.

This will be why you're getting pumped by Albion Rovers and Berwick. You'd think a team festering in Third Division mediocrity already would grasp their station a bit more. Utterly, utterly clueless.

It's almost enough to get me setting up a new account. ;)

Today's RDA of Livi fantasism comes from the ever-reliable font of ssq:

This will be why you're getting pumped by Albion Rovers and Berwick. You'd think a team festering in Third Division mediocrity already would grasp their station a bit more. Utterly, utterly clueless.

It's almost enough to get me setting up a new account. ;)

I actually liked ths better;

Apart from putting a huge amount of his own money into keeping the club afloat, Ged Nixon also found enough spare change to put three trays of pies on the bar at the Scotland game in the Den last night.

I just hope that Ged & Gordon don't read posts like yours and wonder why the bother.

Aye, he must be good guy right enough!! Some folk can be bought real cheap. :lol::lol:

I did however note this laughable response from EdinburghLivi (livijames) to p-l-l Re: not buying a season ticket:

I hope you haven't been influenced by anyone when you've made this decision (the P&B boys, for example). If not, fair play and I understand your thinking.

I would certainly hope that they've not put you under any pressure to help the club in the short-term. I would suspect not, from our conversations but I know I was feeling that way for a while.

Still, if you buy 14 club scarves each the club might break even and you'll be extra toasty for that bracing February trip to Forfar.

Edited by vikingTON