Livingston - all the threads merged

I'd imagine the press are going to have a field day tomorrow unless they can get it sorted before the banks close today...

Did they seriously not pay it after they promised to?

I hope the players strike.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Guest el bawbag
Did they seriously not pay it after they promised to?

I hope the players strike.

do you realise the repercussions that would have for LFC?

Guest el bawbag
And do we not deserve it?

perhaps but wishing points deductions etc. upon your own club is out of order imo, my loyalty is to the club not the players(although i do really feel for them) or the board or the manager etc.

perhaps but wishing points deductions etc. upon your own club is out of order imo, my loyalty is to the club not the players(although i do really feel for them) or the board or the manager etc.

I understand what you mean but to be honest these players have continually played their hearts out for the club despite the fact that some of them haven't been paid on time in 6 out of the 7 months that the Italians have been in power in. If a points deduction gets the players paid and those lying arseholes out of our club then I'm happy. If we have to take a trip to the seaside league briefly for that to happen, then so be it.

I understand what you mean but to be honest these players have continually played their hearts out for the club despite the fact that some of them haven't been paid on time in 6 out of the 7 months that the Italians have been in power in. If a points deduction gets the players paid and those lying arseholes out of our club then I'm happy. If we have to take a trip to the seaside league briefly for that to happen, then so be it.

You wouldn't even be slightly concerned that the relegation that could result from a 15 point deduction might be the thing that ultimately kills your club off? If the players are getting messed about as has been suggested then I don'tt hink too many folk could blame them for taking such action, but it is surprising that a Livingston fan would actually want them to do so.

You wouldn't even be slightly concerned that the relegation that could result from a 15 point deduction might be the thing that ultimately kills your club off? If the players are getting messed about as has been suggested then I don'tt hink too many folk could blame them for taking such action, but it is surprising that a Livingston fan would actually want them to do so.

I should have said as long as we survive. I'd be much happier with a stable club in the second division than this joke in the first.

Guest StevenC

Hang on. Hoad the boat here. Take a step back for a minute here.

Let's just re-cap.

We've got players and staff being paid weeks late.

We've got creditors que'd up out the court trying to file for their money.

We've got bailiffs and sheriff officers visiting the club to recoup these monies and then these costs being paid on CREDIT CARD.

We've got local businesses being pissed off right left and center which could be why so much is being sourced from Italy.

We've got our club chairman publicly calling stalwart supporters fake and accusing them of having an ulterior motive...

We've got the same chairman barring TRUST members from a TRUST organised open meeting.

We've lost a top manager on a mutual agreement after, allegedly, becoming concerned about the finances.

We've got our club captain and long standing servant McPake stating that he wants away ASAP and they can't 'cover it up' any longer.

This is just un-be-fucking-lievable! What the f**k is going on?

Edited by StevenC

Four different people have Livi/Lionheart in court this week. Even Flynn's favoured Biggart Baillie (Solicitors) are suing them. I wondered why he was using different ones to sue the LFC.

Edited by AND180Y

Guest el bawbag
I can understand him being a bit pissed of lately about his wages but surely now McPake has the least to worry about in the Livi squad. Sounds like he is trying to engineer the move as it suits him!!

indeed, bit gutted as it is fairly unproffesional imo and will take the shine off his legend status in my mind.

Guest el bawbag
The swine. Fancy someone wanting to be paid for their labour and paid on time.

i was meanin his earlier going to the press and announcing he wanted to leave in an attempt to force his way out.

The big question!!!

Will they get paid today?

The Herald is reporting that the wages went unpaid again yesterday, but that the "The board met with the squad yesterday to inform them of thier intention to honour the debts in the next 24 hours and it is understood that they have even promised to pay the players in cash".

So, pre-Christmas - missed.

29 December - missed

31 December - paid 3 missed the rest

5 January - missed

That is a hell of a banking cock-up. Thank goodness footballers don't have any financial committments of their own...

Wages will be paid today according to Radio Scotland.

Phew, that's ok then.

I wonder if the club will pay the player's bank charges for missed direct debits due to lack of funds in their accounts ?

I've a feeling that this banking cock-up was actually the account being arrested by a creditor.

Phew, that's ok then.

I wonder if the club will pay the player's bank charges for missed direct debits due to lack of funds in their accounts ?

I've a feeling that this banking cock-up was actually the account being arrested by a creditor.

I'd imagine that they will be paying the salaries from Italy to avoid the cash being arrested in their UK account.

I'd imagine that they will be paying the salaries from Italy to avoid the cash being arrested in their UK account.

Possibly but my belief is, like Hearts, they move the money into a central account to pay out the salaries.