TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

According to today's Scotsman Livi have only just lodged their appeal? Or is it just poor wording:

Couple of interesting observations to be made here... Firstly - that the appeal isn't going to the Appeal Committee, but a specially created group (a bit like the arbitration over SPL2). I suspect this may make Livi's chance of winning the appeal less likely: no obvious allies in a neutral group.

Secondly - confirmation that Livi will be laying off staff and players if they remain stuck in Div 3.

Thirdly - should Livi not do the decent thing and release the players at risk NOW... then re-sign them if the win the appeal? If they keep them, and the appeal is heard close before or after the transfer window shuts, the players won't be able to join new clubs if released by Livi after the window (or they'd struggle with only a couple of days notice). If free agents, the players can be signed by other clubs after the window has shut IIRC. Releasing them now would be better IMO.

I'd have thought the opposite, no agendas by the arbitrators so a fair hearing, it is an independant law lord who will preside over it.

Hopefully they'll accept whatever way it goes and get on with it in whatever league we'll be in.

It could be early next week that the appeal is heard, if so it'll give the players a slim chance to find another club if need be, not an easy task even if they had more time, Livi have sold our obv assets player wise, no guarantee that the ones still here will be sought after elsewhere.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

when is the SFA hearing ?

ta

I thought they had tendered the appeal last week?

It'll all be over by Christmas

Are you saying that Edinburgh Livi is saying that the PH situation is sorted and settled? Did he not say that you couldn't or shouldn't be playing in the league if you haven't sorted out football related debt? You are saying that the consurtium recognize it is one of the many things that they need to sort out. So you are saying it isn't sorted, just as I have. The only difference is that you are saying they are acknowledging PH as being a debt they have to honour, while I am saying PH is a debt which they do not wish to honour.

I think I am saying that PH will be paid in full since his outstanding wages come under the heading of football debt. I would presume that the assurances from the administrator on the matter will have been enough to allow Livi to resume playing games under the auspices of the Sfl. Whether or not he has actually received the money I don't know. I do know that the outstanding wages due to present Livi staff have now been paid.

I would put it slightly differently to you by saying that the debt to PH is likely to be one that they wish they did not have to honour. They do however realise that they must.

Imagine saying that about your own club Sir Calum. :o

I'm not surprised then that you are excited about visiting arseholes of a weekend! ;)

Yes, modifying a quote then using that modification to attack the person.

How very straw man.

I'd have thought the opposite, no agendas by the arbitrators so a fair hearing, it is an independant law lord who will preside over it.

And it was the presence of agendas that made it more likely the appeal would be lost if made to the "normal" appeals panel.

An independent panel won't care about anything but the rules under consideration...and that means Livi haven't a hope in hell's chance of avoiding defeat. Even more so when you consider the panel is being chaired by a Law Lord (because he of all people will know that the SFL acted within their rules).

I knew i had read something about Thurs and thought it was when the hearing was, but going by that it was the appeal being tendered.

Ok then, I apologise for fretting over your words, I thought you were winding me up. :)

I think I am saying that PH will be paid in full since his outstanding wages come under the heading of football debt. I would presume that the assurances from the administrator on the matter will have been enough to allow Livi to resume playing games under the auspices of the Sfl. Whether or not he has actually received the money I don't know. I do know that the outstanding wages due to present Livi staff have now been paid.

I would put it slightly differently to you by saying that the debt to PH is likely to be one that they wish they did not have to honour. They do however realise that they must.

How many of the staff released by McGruther have been re-employed? Is it back to one big happy family or full of family? :rolleyes:

Edited by AND180Y

Football debt at a football club? It is all football debt FFS.

Edited by vikingTON

Football debt, in this context, is debt to other clubs and footballers.

I feel quite dead myself! :huh:

Ocht weesht, you'll be fine once you get on that Livi bus tomorrow (always looks weird Livi and b-u-s with out a T after the s :lol: )

Yes I'm sure the sea breeze should breathe some life back into me, also a good win would help. :D

But the win might be scratched next week. :lol:

An independent panel won't care about anything but the rules under consideration...and that means Livi haven't a hope in hell's chance of avoiding defeat. Even more so when you consider the panel is being chaired by a Law Lord (because he of all people will know that the SFL acted within their rules).

Obviously you have a different view of it than McGruther and the Livi5 consortium then, the SFL's handling of this leaves a lot to be desired and hence the appeal, the rules are so vague they can be manipulated to whatever ends the SFL wanted them and that is where an independant panel should be our best chance, certainly better then the SFL one anyway.

Our chances have always been slim, however at least this time it'll be a fair hearing and as such i'm hoping the Livi5 consortium will take whatever verdict they get and end it there.

I just want to get on with the football, isn't just you other teams fans that is fed up with it all.

...the rules are so vague they can be manipulated to whatever ends the SFL wanted them...

Er...no.

This appeal is about the actual demotion to to the Third Division and the rule invoked to facilitate that is crystal clear:

76.2 The Management Committee shall also have full power to deal with as it thinks fit,

including power to deduct championship points before or during a season and/or to impose a player registration

embargo on any club guilty of conduct contrary to the interests of the League and its member

clubs or any registered player or former registered player, or potentially likely to prejudice the orderly

progress of the League Championship and/or the League Challenge Cup competition in any

season. Such conduct, for the avoidance of doubt, may include a club in or going into

Administration, Liquidation, Receivership, Sequestration or any other insolvency procedure by

whatever means or having a Judicial Factor appointed to its undertaking. For the further avoidance

of doubt, a club in or going into any such procedure will remain responsible for the purposes of this

Rule for the conduct of its undertaking by any Administrator, Liquidator, Receiver, Trustee in

Sequestration, Judicial Factor or other such officer appointed to it.

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

Er...no.

This appeal is about the actual demotion to to the Third Division and the rule invoked to facilitate that is crystal clear:

You and yer quoting the fucking rules.. :lol: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's ;)

'Mon the Berwick :D