Livingston - all the threads merged

According to Mr Massone, those who "disrespect the club" (i.e. ask for the money they are due) will go to the back of the queue for payment.

Ah, kinda like Russian Roulette except there are 100 -1 bullets (creditors) in the gun.

You gotta love the Italian financial system, a loan to buy the stadium and then use the stadium as security for another loan. :rolleyes: The council are gonna want £2 million for the stadium. (10x annual rental)

£300k in debt losing £15k a month, was £50k (christ was Landi on that much cash a month?) aiming to be debt free by June. That's a positive cashflow requirement of £490k, and maybe another years rent, his head really is in the clouds.

Quite apart from the fact that the club books show £1.2 million of debt.

Edited by AND180Y

Clyde moved with the support of their fans and kept their name and heritage.

i understand they kept their rangers heritage but clyde are one of the many things wrong with scottish football.

go to broadwood on matchday and the amount of scruffy wee kids hanging about outside and the hundreds who are playing on the pitches-there should be some some sort of incentive to get these people in the ground supporting the local side or am i being daft?

and livi-what an oppurtunity missed on saturday, get the heating on the pitch with xmas shoppers in town some sort of fans deal could've been thrown in if you came to centre with family.

tonight they will make f**k all.

Edited by Deesign For Life

Shame. Must be said 'Livie' is a new way of spelling it as well, education must not be what it once was. Go outside and play, go do some Christmas shopping, get a hobby.

I normally spell it with an 'a' inserted. Just for you, you can have the extra, 'V'! ;) Plenty other things to amuse me, who are you to say I shouldn't post on here? <_<

I watched Meadowbank Thistle regularly in the 80's, drank with a few regulars in the GG and was against the move made by "Mr Blobby." Hardly suprising that I have little time for the West Lothian franchise. Published a great article from an-ex Meadowbank fans who now supports Edinburgh City in the AFCW fanzine a while back, feel free to write from another perspective.

i understand they kept their rangers heritage but clyde are one of the many things wrong with scottish football.

go to broadwood on matchday and the amount of scruffy wee kids hanging about outside and the hundreds who are playing on the pitches-there should be some some sort of incentive to get these people in the ground supporting the local side or am i being daft?

What do you suggest, changing the colours and name of the club? :o I imagine that most long-standing Clyde fans would much rather be playing in Glasgow, but at least they have kept their identity and a few wee neds outside or inside Broadwood doesn't change that. The easy option would have been to change the name to Cumbernauld Clyde.

I normally spell it with an 'a' inserted. Just for you, you can have the extra, 'V'! ;) Plenty other things to amuse me, who are you to say I shouldn't post on here? <_<

I watched Meadowbank Thistle regularly in the 80's, drank with a few regulars in the GG and was against the move made by "Mr Blobby." Hardly suprising that I have little time for the West Lothian franchise. Published a great article from an-ex Meadowbank fans who now supports Edinburgh City in the AFCW fanzine a while back, feel free to write from another perspective.

What do you suggest, changing the colours and name of the club? :o I imagine that most long-standing Clyde fans would much rather be playing in Glasgow, but at least they have kept their identity and a few wee neds outside or inside Broadwood doesn't change that. The easy option would have been to change the name to Cumbernauld Clyde.

Do you think the Meadowbank fans would have followed through to Livingston if the name had remained as Meadowbank Thistle?

I'm sure the name was changed to attract new fans as the majority of the old ones wouldn't have travelled through. I would still have gone to watch them if the name was Meadowbank Thistle and I'm sure the majority of Livi fans would have. Having senior footy on the doorstep was the attraction for me in the first instance and not the name of the team.

Meadowbank Stadium isn't designed for watching football as you are miles from the pitch much the same as Clyde were at Shawfield plus the problems with the dog floodlights. The only thing Clyde did differently was keeping the name of the club.

Do you think the Meadowbank fans would have followed through to Livingston if the name had remained as Meadowbank Thistle?

I'm sure the name was changed to attract new fans as the majority of the old ones wouldn't have travelled through. I would still have gone to watch them if the name was Meadowbank Thistle and I'm sure the majority of Livi fans would have. Having senior footy on the doorstep was the attraction for me in the first instance and not the name of the team.

Meadowbank Stadium isn't designed for watching football as you are miles from the pitch much the same as Clyde were at Shawfield plus the problems with the dog floodlights. The only thing Clyde did differently was keeping the name of the club.

Didn't they have to call it Livi FC as they (the councillors) who dream't up the idea weren't sure which team they were going to franchise, they did after all have a few knockbacks along the way?

"If we build it they will come" Ice Rink, Forum, Pitch and Putt, Livi FC. All but one closed due to lack of interest?

and livi-what an oppurtunity missed on saturday, get the heating on the pitch with xmas shoppers in town some sort of fans deal could've been thrown in if you came to centre with family.

tonight they will make f**k all.

Clyde with a Rangers heritage - Ibrox was 3 miles away, so I would think those who chose Clyde did so because they did not wish to be following the Bhigot Brothers.

Incentive for kids - £5 season ticket for Broadwood.

So just nonsense that post of yours really! :huh:

According to Mr Massone, those who "disrespect the club" (i.e. ask for the money they are due) will go to the back of the queue for payment. What kind of business plan is that ? These are the small businesses that have been supporting the club for years.

I don't know how any small local business will provide services to LFC now without asking for the money up front. They would be mad not to.

The "Open" meeting wasn't so open after all with one fan, ex-board member Ged Nixon, getting thrown out before the meeting started.

Also good to see some people realising that members of the "Trust" board don't always speak the truth...

Well the least you can do is tell us what else happened at said meeting......Come on spill yer guts..

Well the least you can do is tell us what else happened at said meeting......Come on spill yer guts..

Much coughing, a bit of preening. (smoke and mirrors)

Loads of blame attached to others.

Couple of lines from Aesop, couple from JK Rowling.

Board disappear in a puff of smoke.

If I was one of the small creditors accused of being disrespectful, I'd respectfully put them into administration where they belong and let the trust/locals buy it via a pre-pack deal.

You gotta laugh at some of the posters on Livilions, here is a cracker http://www.livilions.co.uk/forums/showpost...p;postcount=116

FFS mate, your club is losing 15k a month (according to Massone last night), a swing in profit of £20k a month would still take 20 months to pay the small creditors (not including interest or costs). I'd bet Livi have never made £5k profit in any year never mind a month.

However lets not forget that profit is one thing and cashflow is another, do the sums, Livi are fecked (without a substantial injection of cash), time is running out.

Oh and the board are breaking the law by continuing to trade and in giving prefernce to the "major"creditors would be liable for all debts on collapse of LFC.

Edited by AND180Y

It's more.......................................
Incorrect. A public interest would be for someone to occasionally look at the topic and perhaps post their opinion occasionally as well. AND180Y on the other hand, is obsessing over the issue. Edited by EdinburghLivi

Incorrect. A public interest would be for someone to occasionally look at the topic and perhaps post their opinion occasionally as well. AND180Y on the other hand, is obsessing over the issue.

Everybody loves rubbernecking a car crash and livi are a fucking pile-up..Honestly, you cannae blame him or any of the rest of us. It's human nature...

post-15122-1228941626_thumb.jpg

The "Open" meeting wasn't so open after all with one fan, ex-board member Ged Nixon, getting thrown out before the meeting started.

Perhaps they were trying to keep him out because he's privvy to information that they didn't want brought up?

The Livvy trust and the vast majority of their fans, with the exception of a very vocal group of creditors, are too 'nicey nicey' so they're unlikely to ask difficult questions or challenge the board.

Edited by FFCinthearea

Incorrect. A public interest would be for someone to occasionally look at the topic and perhaps post their opinion occasionally as well. AND180Y on the other hand, is obsessing over the issue.

Oh dear, the usual reaction from a Livi fan when someone hits a nerve. :rolleyes:

I wasn't there so can't say verbatim but according to people who were there, former board member and investor Ged Nixon was assaulted when he tried to gain entry.

Apparently there was a blacklist of people who weren't allowed in and Ged was on it. I'm pretty sure my name would be on it too :lol:

I wasn't there so can't say verbatim but according to people who were there, former board member and investor Ged Nixon was assaulted when he tried to gain entry.

Apparently there was a blacklist of people who weren't allowed in and Ged was on it. I'm pretty sure my name would be on it too :lol:

ooooooooohhhhhhh gossip and scandal, my favourite. Was it the security folks that allegedly assaulted him?

A blacklist, what, of folks owed money like?

Edited by AND180Y