Livingston - all the threads merged

Would have preferred a big points deduction but, given there were suggestions that the SFL would bottle it, the furore by other SFL clubs in all this appears to have galvanised the SFL into showing some leadership at last. It sends a message to the rest of Scottish football (aye, including the self-protection cartel - we're watching you lot now).

I genuinely hope Livvi survive all this and comeback as a serious football club but I have my doubts.

Is the winner Massone, ffs?

Disgusting.

No, disgusting it isn't. I can't remember Livingston ever apologizing for them being 40% responsible for me having to lay off a young guy. Three unpaid invoices forced me to lay off one guy. Not Livingston's fault 100%, but they contributed hugely to that decision within that trading year.

To say the SFL are responsible for Livingston's years of wrondoing is profoundly wrong.

If you think that a bit of rough justice is "disgusting", then try receiving no justice at all. Livingston have pissed over the Scottish game for long enough. Now the Scottish game is pissing over Livingston. It ain't nice is it?

This is a profound piece of decision making, and you simply cannot say that your club don't deserve it. Hey, even if you could argue that you don't deserve it, then there's a list of creditors who didn't deserve what your club did to them. It never stopped Livingston from doing it though.

You guys now really need to suck it in and show just how loyal you really are. I've a feeling it is nothing like as loyal as many claim to be.

The "death knell" for Livingston just might prove to be the lifeblood for a club with a bit of honesty about them.

Close but no cigar.....Livi are deffo staying in the first Division and its yet to be decided how many points we will lose.
boo fuckin hoo who gives a shit what you think...looks like we will still be about in some form in the 1st division next season :P
to all the fannies on here dancing about when they thought we were dead and buried

G.I.R.F.U.Y

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:bounce3

It's not about guilt. I am merely pointing out that there's a human cost to this decision.

Even if we survive there's no way you can pay full time wages in the Third Division so there's about 20 players on the dole for a start before you start thinking about backroom folk.

Thistle fans should know better IMHO.

Take the decision like a man and don't start any of this petty crap.

whilst we were talking about massone's double bluff, what if mcdougall and rankine have just done similar? facing a first division with an away fans boycott would have made a serious dent in the business plan, losing them >700k in the process. so make all the wrong noises in the press prior to the meeting, get told to feck off to DIV3 as a result, and be able to walk away claiming it was everybody else's fault their plan was rejected. simples

whilst we were talking about massone's double bluff, what if mcdougall and rankine have just done similar? facing a first division with an away fans boycott would have made a serious dent in the business plan, losing them >700k in the process. so make all the wrong noises in the press prior to the meeting, get told to feck off to DIV3 as a result, and be able to walk away claiming it was everybody else's fault their plan was rejected. simples

Why would they even get involved at all and waste £50K to pay off Massone if that were the case?

True, but then don't they lose the £50,000 paid to Massone, or was that the administrator using money from the club?

Jesus christ.

I feels sorry for the staff and fans of Livi. There had to be a penalty it would, in some ways, have been worse not to have any repurcussions. At least this way they can say they've paid their dues. I can understand Dundee fans welcoming this punishment and can't blame them at all for feeling that way. Livi got off lightly with their original administration fiasco and have been shocking in the treatment of their creditors, some of them fans of the club.

I'm certainly not gloating even without an idiot chairman that could be any one of our clubs.

It is a deserved punishment but lets not blame the supporters and staff, it's not their fault. I wish them and Livingston all the best and hope they can get honourable people in charge and get their club back on track.

Why would they even get involved at all and waste £50K to pay off Massone if that were the case?

at that time they thought they were certs for a DIV1 survival. It was only after that the talk of boycotts etc started, was it not?

No, disgusting it isn't. I can't remember Livingston ever apologizing for them being 40% responsible for me having to lay off a young guy. Three unpaid invoices forced me to lay off one guy. Not Livingston's fault 100%, but they contributed hugely to that decision within that trading year.

To say the SFL are responsible for Livingston's years of wrondoing is profoundly wrong.

If you think that a bit of rough justice is "disgusting", then try receiving no justice at all. Livingston have pissed over the Scottish game for long enough. Now the Scottish game is pissing over Livingston. It ain't nice is it?

This is a profound piece of decision making, and you simply cannot say that your club don't deserve it. Hey, even if you could argue that you don't deserve it, then there's a list of creditors who didn't deserve what your club did to them. It never stopped Livingston from doing it though.

You guys now really need to suck it in and show just how loyal you really are. I've a feeling it is nothing like as loyal as many claim to be.

The "death knell" for Livingston just might prove to be the lifeblood for a club with a bit of honesty about them.

The decision isn't disgusting. The attitude of certain people on here is. So you can come off your fucking high horse because as I have stated many times I actually agree with you. There is no defence for the way the club has been run.

At the end of the day loyalty will only get you so far in the situation we are now in.

Under the proposed CVA, as far as I can gather, there was around £500,000 to pay creditors, with the football debt being cleared 100%. No one in their right mind will pay £500,000 for a Third Division team. Someone might pay considerably less, but will the creditors accept?