Livingston - all the threads merged

I don't expect any sympathy for the institution that is Livingston FC but there are now players and staff who will almost certainly be made redundant as a result of that decision.

If some folk find that a cause for celebration then I think they need to have a serious word with themselves.

Does anyone else think that it was the attempt at blackmail that has made the SFL react in this way ?

I think it proved that that Rankine and MacDougall were not in it 100% for Livi's sake and that rankled the SFL a bit. Also I think there must have been some backlash from other clubs boardrooms in private to the SFL about Livi escaping without punishment. Right decision about a week too late, why could they not have served this action last week.

I don't expect any sympathy for the institution that is Livingston FC but there are now players and staff who will almost certainly be made redundant as a result of that decision.

If some folk find that a cause for celebration then I think they need to have a serious word with themselves.

I have every sympathy with the sdtaff of Livingston FC and the players who don't manage to find themselves clubs.

Stop greetin'.

No, fair enough, I'm not dancing on any graves here.

Insofar as I'm pleased it's not because I want Livi to go under or even because I necessarily agree with the SFL's decision (which is harsher than mine would've been). I'm only pleased insofar as at least the SFL have made the decision they felt to be the right one, whatever that may be, without being bullied or otherwise influenced into softening their stance by other factors.

What about the people made redundant by the non payment of debt run up by Livvy? You happy about that?

I might go along to TFS tonight, just to point and laugh.

That's quite an apt phrase, as we're going to get boabied senseless this coming season.

Ive not actually kept track of your comings and goings during the close season, are you lot really that worse off than you were at the end of last season. I know you have lost that waster di giacomo, but seriously id say thats no great loss

Get it f'cking round you. :lol:

My disappointment is eased by knowing that you c'nts are going out of the game.

B)

yeah now they can go get another job and actually get paid at the end of the week/month

The fact is Livingston have these employees and have never had the money to have them in the first place, which has been found out, for the 2nd time

Its the companies that are owed hundreds of thousands of pounds that I feel sorry for

Edited by kaos1874

Definetly, Anything other than punishment for breaking the insolvency rules would have been a farce, and the pathetic attempts at blackmail have probably made it a whole lot worse on them.

I certainly wont be losing any sleep over it tonight :D

I agree with this. I think if they had a adopted a more humble approach and said all the right things in the press, then they would have got off with a points deduction. Going all John Wayne in the press, backed the SFL into a corner in my opinion.

As I said earlier, I don't think it's the end for Livi and to be honest, this time last week they almost never had a club and most fans of the club would have bitten your hand off for their club still being alive, albeit in the 3rd Division. Regrouping in the third, they should have a decent chance of getting themselves back to the first within a few seasons. Certainly if these guys bite the bullet, then I would say they have a good chance of promotion this season.

Don't try and make the non Livi supporters guilty. It's not as if we are celebrating the club going bust, we are celebrating (the long overdue) decision by the SFL to punish Livingston FC.

Relegation to the third division is a punishment duly deserved.