Livingston - all the threads merged

I wonder if this means that the investors will walk away. They're jokers anyways. Livi would probably be better dead than with then anyways, since they'd only be prolonging the agony of the supporters.

Is it an outside possibility that Longmuir and the LMC have played a blinder here? Playing along with the potential rule change in order to help get rid of Massone, and then calling the bluff of McDougall and Rankine.

So will the three amigos appeal, or will they walk. If they do appeal(Do they have a right of appeal?)

I think this is the beginning of the real end for the club. I wonder if certain gloaters who were prevalant last week will still be gloating now.

I'm away to shed some tears.

Of course we will just have to await the appeal now. Given the league starts on Saturday it does not give them much time, though.

Will the owners stick with Livi or will they melt away into the night?

If they do stay and Livi keep hold of the players they have, there is a good chance of promotion. Every cloud and all that.

Livingston and Airdrie in the shit. That's what you call a win/win.

Seriously, sorry for the Livvy fans but that is justice done in my eyes. Hope they can continue somehow but I can't see it.

Removed my smiley. Felt bad.

Edited by Owsley

I'd be delighted if I was an Airdrie United fan at this point. Not often that teams will get a second bite at the cherry like this.

Aye, because getting raped every week in a division the club patently isn't able to compete in is a mouthwatering prospect.

Well, well, well. This'll cause a bit of disruption if Livi make it to the weekend - I presume that Airdrie will take over Livi's 1st division fixtures, Cowdenbeath will take over Airdrie's fixtures and Livi will take over Cowden's fixture schedule?

There was no club called Airdrie Utd at the time Ballantyne bought Clydebank or at any time before then (only a proposal to create one). My question regarding league membership was simply a device to highlight this fact.

Jim Ballantyne bought Clydebank FC, changed the club name, strip and moved them to Airdrie. League membership stayed with the company and club which Ballantyne bought. These actions were allowed within the terms of the SFL's rules. Irrespective of the moral rights or wrongs of those actions, those are also the facts.

There was no transfer of league membership from one club or company to another. That is also a fact.

Your assertion, that the SFL has already allowed this rule to be broken in the case of Airdrie Utd, is not supported by the facts.

Stuart

Well thats not actually a fact because it depends on how you define a club. But anyway none of this matters now. Congratulations on your 'promotion'

Rankine and McDougall will have to come up with an alternative business plan. I wonder what that will be like:

1. Stick with the club and cut your cloth accordingly, or

2. Bail out and let Livi die.

Naturally, there will be an appeal but I cannot see any other options for the club and their two shining knights in white armour.