Livingston - all the threads merged

If all those top Premiership footballers really loved the game, then why don't they buy into a team like Livingston? It would only take a few weeks wages to clear their debts. There are not many British League clubs with the problems of Livingston.

The other view could be that they want to be seen as not being too hurried before they stick the boot in - make it seem like it was due process

Nah the administrators would have concluded the winding up and not the SFL.

If all those top Premiership footballers really loved the game

:lol:

then why don't they buy into a team like Livingston? It would only take a few weeks wages to clear their debts. There are not many British League clubs with the problems of Livingston.

Theres more than enough.

If all those top Premiership footballers really loved the game, then why don't they buy into a team like Livingston? It would only take a few weeks wages to clear their debts. There are not many British League clubs with the problems of Livingston.

You do realise why that wouldn't - and indeed couldn't - happen, right?

You make it sound like Livingston's death is somehow something which affects everybody. Like Gretna, it doesn't matter a jot to most folk.

You do realise why that wouldn't - and indeed couldn't - happen, right?

You make it sound like Livingston's death is somehow something which affects everybody. Like Gretna, it doesn't matter a jot to most folk.

It does to most of us on here. :angry:

I don't think they would be allowed to, to be honest. They could make a donation, but having part ownership of another club whilst playing elsewhere might be termed a severe conflict of interest, no matter how insignificant Livingston seem in the great scheme of footballing things.

The truth is that the "big boys" only give a flying french one about the "grassroots" when they're old and past it & needing somewhere to top up their pension plans, break into management, or when they become media "pundits" and become all noble about "the little guys".

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Yes, I thought MCL had changed his tune over the last couple of months or so as well.

I haven't changed my tune as such but thought things could have been handled better. The egos saw a chance to take over and put the club in peril to achieve their aims rather than stabilise it. I want the club to survive but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth the way they've went about it. They've even jumped into bed with Rankine and some people on here would put him on a level with Massone.

Frying pan to fire ?

I haven't changed my tune as such but thought things could have been handled better. The egos saw a chance to take over and put the club in peril to achieve their aims rather than stabilise it. I want the club to survive but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth the way they've went about it. They've even jumped into bed with Rankine and some people on here would put him on a level with Massone.

Frying pan to fire ?

At least Rankine can keep the club alive.

It does to most of us on here. :angry:

Most Livi fans, without doubt.

Everyone else? I don't think there's a single non-Livi fan on here that would lose a wink of sleep. Much like if any club other than the one you support is in the shite.

Guest Bullywee_loyal_1690

Heard an irish group linked with niall quinn is looking to take over also .Good news coming from hampden for livi fans.

When the Raith Trust were setting up evening meetings, when we were trying to get rid of the gangsters, the best attended one that I was at had 200 in attendance.

I think there were around 400 folk had joined the trust towards the latter stages of the Reclaim the Rovers campaign.

Livingston aren't any better attended than the Rovers.

I remember the open meeting held after we sold Tosh, Burns and Andrews to Livingston for peanuts (we did get paid didn't we?). It was to be held in the Raith Suite but too many people showed up to noise up the BoD that it was hastilly moved to the main stand. The board at the back of the stand where the anouncer normally sits and the supporters standing in the stand looking up at them.

Bloody sore neck for days after!

Yet you were pictured with Massone sitting in your car in the Almondvale car park on the day the administrators arrived.

I've mentioned that further back in the thread. I hope PP is reading this :lol:

My response was: If you can post a picture of Massone sitting in my car (not photoshopped !! :P) I will apologise to the "Trust" unreservedly, will donate £1000 to the fighting fund and will never mention them again in my posts.

There you go. Put up or shut up. In other words prove me wrong or prove the "Trust" to be a bunch of liars :D