Livingston - all the threads merged

It could be the case the fans were under the blinkered impression that everything wasn't as bad as being reported. It took a helluva time for a large number of them to wise up to the new regime.

That might account for a number. There was still quite a divide until even a week or two ago.

I think we're now narrowed down to OK-We-Finally-Realise-Massone-Is-A-Clown versus MCL.

I think we're now narrowed down to OK-We-Finally-Realise-Massone-Is-A-Clown versus MCL.

I'm not really up to speed with this thread, but I'd be incredibly surprised, given past communication, if MCL was defending Massone.

I keep meaning to ask - why is it Annan don't have a vote yet?

You have to be a member of the "club (SFL)" for i think three years before you become a full member with voting rights.

Due to the vested interest Airdrie will have no say in the Livi situation at the on going meeting. So that's it down to a 27 team commitee

Edited by Chris Mac

It has to be now surely. McGruther was absolute in what I heard yesterday. No sale, no club anymore. Would make a complete joke (if it isnt already) of the situation if they now moved the goalposts. But this is the SFL of course.

Please let this end now.

It's been a joke for some weeks.

I guess the only discussion for the SFL now is whether or not they leave us with a 9 team First Division, or promote Airdrie and Cowdenbeath.

In this event, surely these two would be entitled to some financial assistance, given that they've got squads prepared for their respective league campaigns. It's hardly fair to promote Airdrie and sentence them to possibly being humped every week (apart from four 1-0 wins v Dundee <_< ) in front of potentially dwindling crowds. As has been said before, a side in title contention, winning games and scoring goals in the second is more likely to have a larger support than a team being annihilated week-in, week-out in the first.

I'm not really up to speed with this thread, but I'd be incredibly surprised, given past communication, if MCL was defending Massone.

From what I've read, he hasn't been. He has been very critical of the Supporter's Direct/Trust whatever it is at Livingston, which is never a populist move.

Someone just said on LL, I think, that Massone's advisor is outside Hampden saying he thinks he should sell, but Massone still thinks he can save the club.

:blink:

Maybe I got that wrong. On SSN now outside Hampden - songs, drums etc as both Massone and the "rescue team" arrive.

Edited by Livi 293

Not defending him to the hilt as such, but a large number of his posts suggest the only way forward was for these anti-Massone groups to work with him, rather than against him.

This stance surprised me too somewhat as i seem to recall MCL being really critical of the regime when they were due him cash.

You have to be a member of the "club (SFL)" for i think three years before you become a full member with voting rights.

Due to the vested interest Airdrie will have no say in the Livi situation at the on going meeting. So that's it down to a 27 team commitee

Surely the Blue Brazil have a vested interest too?

In one way or another all teams have a vested interest.

Rules are rules.

Good_bye_by_whispered_nightmares.jpg

Why is the meeting still on-going? By my reckoning it goes as follows -

'Good afternoon, Mr McGruther, thanks for meeting with us'

'No problem guys, I appreciate the chance to prepare as well as i could'

'Mr McGruther, can you guarantee that Livingston will fulfill all of their fixtures in the season 2009/2010?'

'No'

'Then we have to relegate you to the Third Division'

'That will likely kill the club'

'Yeah'

Meeting over. 5 minutes maximum if they offer McGruther a drink.

It's five years I think. Gretna were never full members of the SFL, getting promoted out of it the summer that they were due to become full member.

The ongoing meeting is with the League Management Committee is it not? It won't have 27 clubs represented (and if Airdrie weren't allowed to be involved neither would Cowdenbeath presumably). It'll be half a dozen people or so.

Why is the meeting still on-going? By my reckoning it goes as follows -

'Good afternoon, Mr McGruther, thanks for meeting with us'

'No problem guys, I appreciate the chance to prepare as well as i could'

'Mr McGruther, can you guarantee that Livingston will fulfill all of their fixtures in the season 2009/2010?'

'No'

'Then we have to relegate you to the Third Division'

'That will likely kill the club'

'Yeah'

Meeting over. 5 minutes maximum if they offer McGruther a drink.

They will probably examine financial statements etc etc etc. Either that or something has come up and a way has been found/fiddled* to save Livi, and indeed the SLF from an administrative hell.

(*delete as applicable)

Can no-one talk sense into this deluded fool? :huh:

Nope.

He's a paranoid nutter, with a drink problem, who has seriously delusional issues.

Guest Flash

The Management Committe is made up of 8 people and only 4 are required for any meeting. Only if any action goes to an appeal would all full memeber clubs get to vote.