Livingston - all the threads merged

I can't believe that we haven't included Jim 'poetry corner' Leishman in the pissoffanddie camp

There was once at club at the 'vale

Who's owners should be thrown in jail

Massone was skint

Screamed at by a bint

And now we can all say farewell

Sheer class! :lol:

I can't believe that we haven't included Jim 'poetry corner' Leishman in the pissoffanddie camp

There was once at club at the 'vale

Who's owners should be thrown in jail

Massone was skint

Screamed at by a bint

And now we can all say farewell

They used to be Ferranti,

And once were Meadowbank.

Now they're out in Livingston,

And their Chairman is a w**k.

Needs a bit of polishing, but it's nearly there.

See Massone's been banned from driving and fined £800clicky

There goes one player's wages.

I like the bit that states he was the majority shareholder of a limited company which had severe financial difficulties.

My heart fair bleeds for the drunken criminal.

Someone's going to have to drive him to the airport. :rolleyes:

I hope the taxi driver asks for the fare up front !

So, the meeting starts in the next 15 minutes, and Massone is nowhere in sight. Unless he makaes a last ditch phonecall, we're looking at any one of four scenarios:

1. SFL throw the book at "Livi", they're booted out and cease to exist.

2. SFL relegate "Livi" to Div 3, potentially chasing off interested investors, and set a tight deadline to give Massone/McGruther one last chance.

3. SFL deduct huge amount of points but "Livi" are kept in Div One with a tight deadline to give the parties one last chance.

4. SFL postpone decision in order to mull over McGruther's plea for an on-the-hoof rule change, allowing Massone to be sidelined, and MacDougall or Rankine to assume control. MacDougall's attendance at this meeting, along with Rankine, will see the old blazers connection leaned on heavily and any outstanding favours called in.

1. should be the option taken but given the SFL's pathetic aversion to taking any kind of firm decision, is the least likely to happen. I will be absolutely fucking raging if 4. happens as some have suggested. the likeliest outcome, however, to my mind, is 2. or 3.

Livingston may well be finished, but the SFL are pathologically determined to not be seen as to party that finally pulled the plug.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

I'd imagine we won't hear much before 4pm.

David Thomson has been quoted as saying there may/probably be a meeting of league management committee after McGunther holds court.

Was 269 viewers the highest we had on this thread yesterday? Wonder if it will be surpassed this afternoon?

Would have loved to have seen Massone get stonewalled by the taxi driver :lol:

The SFL may be tempted to tip Livi down into the Third Division today, at the same time promoting Airdrie and Cowdenbeath, to give the potential investors every chance of saving the club. I know this would be against their rules but a lot of people are trying to save the club.

As far as the creditors are concerned, they appear to be mainly WLC, Massone and the Inland Revenue so no tears shed there if they lose their dosh. :D:D

Aye, taxpayers in West Lothian won't mind their Council Tax being lost at all.

So, the meeting starts in the next 15 minutes, and Massone is nowhere in sight. Unless he makaes a last ditch phonecall, we're looking at any one of four scenarios:

2. SFL relegate "Livi" to Div 3, potentially chasing off interested investors, and set a tight deadline to give Massone/McGruther one last chance.

3. SFL deduct huge amount of points but "Livi" are kept in Div One with a tight deadline to give the parties one last chance.

4. SFL postpone decision in order to mull over McGruther's plea for an on-the-hoof rule change, allowing Massone to be sidelined, and MacDougall or Rankine to assume control. MacDougall's attendance at this meeting, along with Rankine, will see the old blazers connection leaned on heavily and any outstanding favours called in.

1. should be the option taken but given the SFL's pathetic aversion to taking any kind of firm decision, is the least likely to happen. I will be absolutely fucking raging if 4. happens as some have suggested. the likeliest outcome, however, to my mind, is 2. or 3.

Livingston may well be finished, but the SFL are pathologically determined to not be seen as to party that finally pulled the plug.

A good summing up of the options Ivo. If option 4 is taken and subsequently acted upon, the SFL can expect Ian Letham of Clyde to pitch up at their door first thing on Friday morning asking for the same, maybe with Peter MacKenzie of Stirling Albion in tow.

They can also expect almighty criticism although they may well be immune to this.

In the interests of being as fair as possible to the other clubs and this season's leagues, they can't allow this to drag on any longer. Massone has had ample time to do the right thing but he is clearly an idiot and the only language he will understand is full liquidation and being told he won't get so much as a penny chew.

PS: Glad the cricket is rained off at the moment as I would be struggling to keep tabs on Livi, the Ashes and trying to do some work!

My money (virtual money, as tomorrow is payday) is on option 2 being taken. The club will pop it's clogs a few weeks on.

A good summing up of the options Ivo. If option 4 is taken and subsequently acted upon, the SFL can expect Ian Letham of Clyde to pitch up at their door first thing on Friday morning asking for the same, maybe with Peter MacKenzie of Stirling Albion in tow.

I know that Scottish Football can be a strange old world but I can't see that outside bodies requesting (unprompted) rule changes from the SFL is in any way a viable option. McGruther will know Livvy's situation and he'll know the SFL rules that apply. All he can do is say whether they've a hope of meeting their commitments or not.

And whats your take on the accusations that they've "helped" the situation get to where it is?

I can't believe how easily you are seduced by the word "trust".

I haven't a scooby - I've not been privy to the discussions or 'inside-track.'

I'm not seduced by the word trust - makes sense that that is the vehicle for any Livingston pheonix club though. There are good and bad supporters trusts.

It had absolutely nothing to do with playing in the UEFA Cup and we had it before we even started the Scottish Cup run that led to that.

I think SPL clubs require to be licensed. SFL clubs are having the requirements phased in. Hence the stramash over Brechin's failure to have a wide enough pitch, etc. And yes, it's very thoroughly checked by the SFA.

Thanks for that. I was fairly sure Colin Rutherford had done some good work on this at Queens but didn't know when or why. I possibly missed an article on the Queens OS.

Do you think that when the SFL clubs are fully licensed under this scheme and it is indeed thoroughly checked, this will help avoid a 'Livingston situation again?'

Personally, I'd like a robust fit and proper person test introduced by the football authorities - but I'm not sure that even such a measure would be enough to stop chancers like Massone getting control of our football clubs.

For example, I imagine Mileson would have sailed through most checks, but look what happened to Gretna FC.

They moved the club,

and changed the name,

but noo their going oot the game,

Massone hasnae goat a clue,

and all the staff are oan the bru,

But here's the best news of the summer,

We've heard the last of that bloody drummer!