Livingston - all the threads merged

Has McGruther spoken today and outlined just exactly what the situation is now that Massone refused to sell, have liquidation preceedings started yet because that would definitley mean expulsion from the SFL. Or has a new extended deadline been set.

McGruther has already paid off some of the office staff as liquidation proceedings have started.

He will meet the SFL at 2pm on thursday and tell them that livi are insolvent.

For the record, I can just about certainly tell you that even if we're not saved tommorow, this will not happen again. The group heading with Mr. McGruther to Hampden, will make sure that a fit and proper persons test is at the top of their agenda after saving the club.

The club's only chance of survival is for the SFL to allow the league membership to transfer into a new company - Livingston 2009 Limited. That would allow the administrator to transfer the remaining assets into that company for a price and then wind up the original Livingston FC. They would also require to not insist on the football debt getting priority as that would lead the HMRC vetoing the deal.

The downside for the League is that it sets a potentially dangerous precedent but if they retain the ability to deal with every case on its merits, it does not have to be.

I think the chances of anything like the above being agreed are very very slim.

Indeed, it would be a totally irresponsible precedent to set.

So the months of meetings between the "Trust" and WLC to hatch a plan to get rid of Massone haven't quite worked out the way they planned. By trying to get rid of the disease it looks like they've killed the patient. :angry:

Oh I think you might be right on this one. Certainly, there has been some remarkably cold blooded calculating been going on twixt the Council and er, the Trust. Basically, they have collectively been seeking to assure not just for the survival of LFC, but the survival of LFC in their hands and debt free by having the admin practicioners take care of the dirty business while they stay well out of the way in case their whiter than white Trust coveralls get stained by the clinical awfulness of what was being hatched.

That Massone has said "bollocks to the lot of you" was not part of the plan. He has always been painted as being driven by nothing other than money. It seems he might be a wee bot more complex (or stupid) than we believed him to be. He has thrown the Trust's Glencoe style massacre of the creditors off the rails. For that, I give a high five to Mr Massone. Given all that has happened twixt 2004 and now, were I to have my time over, I'd be very very tempted to write off the cash, and drive the entire corrupt car crash of a club right off the nearest cliff. It just might be a message that needs to be shouted out very loudly.

One thing is for sure. For at least today, he is prepared to get nothing in order to ensure that those who he believes plotted against him (and they did), get absolutely the same thing..........nothing.

Now I know that constitutes a major weepie for the support. Thing is, maybe it is about time that the weepie applied to everyone, and not just the creditors............the people who have really been wronged in all of this.

Not once have I heard the Trust or anyone else say "We will honour the debt. We will go part time because the people of the town will support us through bad times and good, and 50% of our revenue will go purely towards debt repayment until every single penny has been paid back".

Nah, every little scheming moment has been taken up with bumping the creditors yet again.

Edited by Guest

Oh I think you might be right on this one. Certainly, there has been some remarkably cold blooded calculating been going on twixt the Council and er, the Trust. Basically, they have collectively been seeking to assure not just for the survival of LFC, but the survival of LFC in their hands and debt free by having the admin practicioners take care of the dirty business while they stay well out of the way in case their whiter than white Trust coveralls get stained by the clinical awfulness of what was being hatched.

That Massone has said "bollocks to the lot of you" was not part of the plan. He has always been painted as being driven by nothing other than money. It seems he might be a wee bot more complex (or stupid) than we believed him to be. He has thrown the Trust's Glencoe style massacre of the creditors off the rails. For that, I give a high five to Mr Massone. Given all that has happened twixt 2004 and now, were I to have my time over, I'd be very very tempted to write off the cash, and drive the entire corrupt car crash of a club right off the nearest cliff. It just might be a message that needs to be shouted out very loudly.

One thing is for sure. For at least today, he is prepared to get nothing in order to ensure that those who he believes plotted against him (and they did), get absolutely the same thing..........nothing.

Now I know that constitutes a major weepie for the support. Thing is, maybe it is about time that the weepie applied to everyone, and not just the creditors............the people who have really been wronged in all of this.

Can't disagree with the sentiment, but the reality of Scottish Football is far away from a return to Corinthian values and the takings kept in a biscuit tin. I don't have to look too far to see aclub spending money it doesn't have, backed by wealthy individuals buying bits of real estate for buttons.

For the record, I can just about certainly tell you that even if we're not saved tommorow, this will not happen again. The group heading with Mr. McGruther to Hampden, will make sure that a fit and proper persons test is at the top of their agenda after saving the club.

.............but before that can happen, lets just nail the creditor's arses to the shed door one last time. "After that, we'll act all responsible and honest guv. Promise."

I've heard it all before.

The Trust look incredibly stupid at the moment, at least the council can walk away with some real estate that can be sold on. And a figure in Massone who will absorb all the blame.

I think WLC are crossing their fingers for a Massone hold-out, best possible result for them.

I've read about Hugh Scott and his dealings and from what I could see he was the worst chairman of a club in the history of Scottish Football, that's my opinion. However, in the end, Mr. Scott finally gave up when he was in a very similar position to Massone. Hence, he is a worse chairman than Scott.

He is the one that should be blamed foremost quite frankly and if you don't realise that then you're a complete tosser. He's run upwards of £1 million in debt in just over a year at the club while enjoying the high-life on the club's expense. He alienated creditors, staff and players by his late or non payments and when he finally had the chance to hand over the reigns and save the club, his ego wouldn't allow it.

Do you feel the need to put everything in such absolutist terms? One master of all evil? Your arguments - essentially resorting to abuse and hearsay - doesn't help your case. I'm not necessarily doubting what you say but how do you know this?

I tend to agree with Vikington though, the trust are looking rather foolish. The death of Livingston is a kick in the teeth to the trust/myclub movement, frankly.

I am Angelo Massone and I am here to pay the wages and staff. I have about £60,000 to pay the wages of the players and the staff. I have wages and staff immediate transfer from Italy then I will ask the interim manager to run to club. He has no money if I give him money then he can run the club.

Correct me if i am wrong, but didnt massone come in and buy the club for 1£ when it was already insolvent. That was what, 18 months ago.

The fans, the trust and etc have known about this for a long time. Have they done anyhting, other than over the last couple of weeks, to help the club.

I may seem hard and synical, but they do not deserve any sympathy as they could have done a lot more, much earlier than just sit back and expect someone to do it all for them. Livingston FC should not be allowed to survive.

NOW WHICH CLUB IS NEXT. RANGERS OR CELTIC WHO ARE OVER £100 milluion in debt between them

Rangers and Celtic are not over £100 million in debt between them. Besides, they actually have assets.

Between that and your regular nonsense on the Raith thread, you're making a tit of yourself on an all-too-familiar basis.

The death of Livingston is a kick in the teeth to the trust/myclub movement, frankly.

I'm not sure I see how.

(Trusts and myclub are two very very different beasts, in any event.)