TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

I've just been thinking the same thing. He must be thinking he'll get more than £25k should the club be liquidated. Taking the emotion of it being a football club away from it would he really do anything else?

If he thought that then presumably he made this thought known to the administrator - the guy who would be in the best position to know what he will actually get. Therefore, if the administrator knew Massone would get more than 25k via a liquidation, there wouldn't be much point in offering 25k for the shares.

Whatever Massone gets via a liquidation must be somewhere between 0 and 25k, probably towards the lower end.

I'm just shocked that Massone didn't take the money. I really can't think of his motive. He's now bypassed Hugh Scott as the worst ever owner of a football club.

At least the wee basturt didn't kill us. <_<

Massone is nearly up there with Mileson, Steadman and Hiddlestone. :angry:

Well argued. Cogent. Persuasive.

:lol:

It's just such a stupid thing to say. The club has been run shambolically from start to finish, to say he is 'single handedly' responsible is just so idiotic that I can't be arsed arguing about it. I think 'pish' sums it up perfectly :)

People have been saying on this thread for ages that Livi were dying and that there fans should start working(like Dundee did) but Livi has done nothing and as a result...

Well argued. Cogent. Persuasive.

:lol:

:lol: And true.

Livingston's death has been coming for a long time before this Italian bloke arrived on the scene. His appearance was merely a stave of execution. He's not remotely comparable to genuinely dangerous frauds like Mileson.

Having said that, I have absolutely no idea what he's up to.

They aren't getting paid, and are perfectly within their contractual rights to walk away.

I'm not sure that's quite right at the moment Jim. I asked this last week, just before they went into administration and it was pointed out, that they are still part of the club, until the club go into liquidation, or the administrator makes them redundant. Massone also stated today he was there to the players wages.

I'm not sure that's quite right at the moment Jim. I asked this last week, just before they went into administration and it was pointed out, that they are still part of the club, until the club go into liquidation, or the administrator makes them redundant. Massone also stated today he was there to the players wages.

That would be a first

Oh, okay, I stand corrected. But given that they weren't paid (again) and now the liquidation process has formally begun, surely now they are essentially free agents?

Yes, I can't be bothered looking it all up again but it was something along the lines of the registrations reverting to the SFL if the club goes into liquidation, but if the registrations are subsequently transferred to other clubs, the SFL have to return any transfer fees to the liquidator.

Effectively, the players are still assets of the club.

Edited by Flash

It's just such a stupid thing to say. The club has been run shambolically from start to finish, to say he is 'single handedly' responsible is just so idiotic that I can't be arsed arguing about it. I think 'pish' sums it up perfectly :)

Of course that's exactly what I'm arguing you nob.

The people that created this situation are many and I;m very well aware of how badly Livingston have been run, for many years, how they've fucked over many many people in the process. I'm well aware of Blobby Hunter, Keane and Flynn, the dubious role of the LDC / WLC and how things just kept getting worse with each new shyster at the helm.

But, in the end, Massone had a simple hand to play today, and refused to do so. He didn't manufacture the pistol that shot this club all by himself, but he's sure as heck fired the bullet that looks like killing it.

You kow, I was sorry to see Airdrie to to the wall (even though we benefited - oh the irony that Airdrie Utd stay in the 1st now) and felt gutted for Bankie fans for the subsequent take over.

Today however I'm in a gravedancing kinda mood :)

I know that won't go down well with the decent Livingston fans who post on here and it's nothing personal against them. It wasn't the fans that were fucking over the opposition as they clambered their way to the SPL and silverware. I'm just glad that karma has finally proved itself.

Is there any of the old Meadowbank support in existence and is that a route these fans can take (as Clydebank fans have?)

Just having a bit of a conversation about this with a QP fan that posts on here, but i cant understand why the SFA had nothing ready in case of this eventuality, surely it has looked likely for a while and i can't understand why they cant put a jnr team in the league the now, such as spartans, the SFA is a joke, this would never happen down south.

I know that won't go down well with the decent Livingston fans who post on here and it's nothing personal against them. It wasn't the fans that were fucking over the opposition as they clambered their way to the SPL and silverware. I'm just glad that karma has finally proved itself.

That's the name of the game, every team in Scotland has in the past and present shat on everybody else to get to where they are. You only have to look at Falkirk, they were refused entry to the SPL because of the shite hole that was Brockville. Falkirk made sure they had all the best players that season and won the league, just to spite everyone else. Nobody went up and nobody went down, congratulations p***k.

But, in the end, Massone had a simple hand to play today, and refused to do so. He didn't manufacture the pistol that shot this club all by himself, but he's sure as heck fired the bullet that looks like killing it.

So he single handedly (or single fingerly) killed the club then.

(wouldn't charge a gun manufacturer for murder if someone used one of their products to kill someone now would we? ;) )

Falkirk made sure they had all the best players that season and won the league, just to spite everyone else.

Not really sure that's true tbh