Livingston - all the threads merged

The deadline was midday today but in the interview it would appear that really isn`t the case as McGruther has said Massone has till pre SFL meeting tomorrow to agree

For me thats dragging it on

He didn't actually say that at any stage in the interview. he seemed a little uncertain/anxious about the question that never came- does Massone have any more time or is that it, that's all.

The posts of others suggest that it may be all over, but as I said earlier I won't believe it until its actually confirmed.

Could it be that Masone thinks once the administrator has paid all the staff and players off he can just walk back in and take over again, with the responsibility for the lay-offs then being nudged toward the administrator by himself?

That sort of tactic looks to have a fair few Livi fans fooled up until now.

The deadline was midday today but in the interview it would appear that really isn`t the case as McGruther has said Massone has till pre SFL meeting tomorrow to agree

For me thats dragging it on

If the deadline was supposed to be today and Massone rejected the deal as he has done,thats it,finto.No need for McGruther to sit down with interested parties as there would be none.Quick phone call to the SFA/SFL to give them a quick heads up pre meeting on the Thursday would be suffice

Technically....perhaps. Practically and realistically....it's not as clear cut or straight forward as Massone turning up with a bag of cash or agreeing to sell his shares 10 minutes before tomorrows meeting.

McGruther has already started the process of liquidation by making non-playing staff redundant. The only reason playing staff have not suffered the same fate (yet) today is because they are technically still considered an asset that could be sold between now and resigning their league place.

I attended a meeting with the administrator last night and the impression he gave was that there was £25,000 on offer to Angelo Massone for his shares until 12pm today. This was completely non-negotiotable and no bargaining would be listened to.

As far as I can see, I no longer have a football club...

I take it that Massone believes that he will, on the basis that he is a creditor of the club, get more through the CVA than the £25K on offer. I read somewhere that Massone believes he may get £70K through this route.

Presumably whatever HMRC, Scottish Power, Massone and other creditors get out of the CVA will depend on what saleable assets the club has. As they don't own the ground or the office space presumbaly this does not amount to much.

Unless Massone is persuaded that taking the £25K is his best bet then Livi will cease to exist as a club when the SFL rule after tomorrows meeting.

Edited by MacWatt

Technically....perhaps. Practically and realistically....it's not as clear cut or straight forward as Massone turning up with a bag of cash or agreeing to sell his shares 10 minutes before tomorrows meeting.

McGruther has already started the process of liquidation by making non-playing staff redundant. The only reason playing staff have not suffered the same fate (yet) today is because they are technically still considered an asset that could be sold between now and resigning their league place.

They aren't getting paid, and are perfectly within their contractual rights to walk away. They are no longer assets. The only reason they haven't been told to go and find new clubs is that there was, unlikely as it may seem, still a chance of some idiot investing ludicrous amounts of money into the club, thus allowing them to field a team. As of tomorrow, Livingston wil have no players.

As the administrator himself said, Livingston cannot give assurances that they will see out the week let alone the season. They are gone.

I'm just shocked that Massone didn't take the money. I really can't think of his motive. He's now bypassed Hugh Scott as the worst ever owner of a football club.

Wow. That's an odd type of masochistic psychology. Our chairman is worser than yours? I realise the gravity of the situation, but that's just hyperbole. Massone is not responsible - at least not solely - for the death of Livingston FC. You as a fan should know that.

I take it that Massone believes that he will, on the basis that he is a creditor of the club, get more through the CVA than the £25K on offer. I read somewhere that Massone believes he may get £70K through this route.

Presumably whatever HMRC, Scottish Power, Massone and other creditors get out of the CVA will depend on what saleable assets the club has. As they don't own the ground or the office space presumbaly this does not amount to much.

Unless Massone is persuaded that taking the £25K is his best bet then Livi will cease to exist as a club when the SFL rule after tomorrows meeting.

I've just been thinking the same thing. He must be thinking he'll get more than £25k should the club be liquidated. Taking the emotion of it being a football club away from it would he really do anything else?

I'm just shocked that Massone didn't take the money. I really can't think of his motive. He's now bypassed Hugh Scott as the worst ever owner of a football club.

The administrator hinted that Massone is too hard wired into Italian business culture to realise how serious the position was. His grasp of Scots/Company law seems roughly on a par with that of the average three year old.

At least Morton survived, though no thanks to Hugh Scot t- Massone now joins Third Lanark's Bill Hiddlestone in the history books as having single handedly killed a Scottish football club.

The £70K (if that's what it was) would have been in addition to the £25K - the latter is just for the shareholding and didn't affect his rights as a creditor, should there be a takeover and resultant pay out. But since the takeover was dependent on him selling his shares he's knocking back both sums if he allows the club to go out of business, it's not a question of thinking he can get more money one way than the other.

Guest Flash
I've just been thinking the same thing. He must be thinking he'll get more than £25k should the club be liquidated. Taking the emotion of it being a football club away from it would he really do anything else?

If he thought that then presumably he made this thought known to the administrator - the guy who would be in the best position to know what he will actually get. Therefore, if the administrator knew Massone would get more than 25k via a liquidation, there wouldn't be much point in offering 25k for the shares.

Whatever Massone gets via a liquidation must be somewhere between 0 and 25k, probably towards the lower end.

At least the wee basturt didn't kill us. <_<

Massone is nearly up there with Mileson, Steadman and Hiddlestone. :angry: