Livingston - all the threads merged

I feel such sorrow for Livingston fans, its been a case of, are we still functioning or are we gone. I think and this is no disrespect to the fans, but something has to be done. Livingston FC have been a bit of a bad joke for too long, this should have been resolved a long time ago. The fannie's at the SFL have sat on their hands for too long now, i say a return to the first for Airdrie UTD and Spartans to join the SFL 3.

Sorry but enough's enough. :(

If I can be so bold, the Livi for Life trust needs all the financial and moral support it can get. The more members it has - the more clout it will have with the Council and the football authorities. If you support it's stand - you should at least become a member and volunteer to help where you can. The thing about supporters trusts is that you can stand for election and try and change things - if you think that the existing people are not doing their job. You can become involved and help shape your club's future - assuming it still has one. Push comes to shove - you can help sell raffle tickets when you start again in the EOS league.

Fair enough for supporting Livingston instead of Celtic - but the fact your son now supports them may show the problem locally.

I guess it comes down to personal experience - I watched Meadowbank occasionally in the 80's when they played in Edinburgh - the club was moved against the will of the supporters - and that is simply not right IMO. If the owner (Hunter) had canvassed the fans - and a majority had sanctioned the move - then fair enough. It was about money though. I'm sure the majority of the new fans that Livingston attracted - cared little or nothing for the former fans and the fact that no-one came on the free buses provided from Edinburgh - the club was no longer an Edinburgh club and was their club for the West Lothian - it was self-interest after a club was conveniently placed on their doorstep. I'd like to think that if a football club suddenly turned up in my town - I might just find out some of the history. I also saw the same happening to Wimbledon in 2002.

That said, before Meadowbank were moved to West Lothian, there was no senior football club in the area - that's not a great situation for a town of the size of Livingston - and there should be a system in place in Scotland where a club can progress from the Junior or amateur leagues to become a Senior club apart from buying or taking over another club's league place. I can also empathise with those people who preferred to take their kids to watch Livingston as opposed to the likes of the old firm or the two Edinburgh clubs.

I do have a modicum sympathy for the Livingston fans - as like say Morton/Airdrie/Clydebank/Dundee/Meadowbank fans - I understand what it is like to lose a club or a club to almost go under - after you and your family have invested so much time and effort supporting. I'd actually back a Livingston pheonix club playing in the EOS league or even SF3. Losing your football club is a painful thing to happen whichever club you support.

He feels your pain. No really, he does.

The league season starts a fortnight on Saturday. This surely indicates that Livingston will be a First Division club in 09/10. Are the other scenarios not too late to implement anyway?

The timing/timetabling of the league season is a matter of complete indifference to the Court of Session. They'll only be interested in whether Livingston should be put into administration, or liquidated forthwith.

The SFL statement should be an interesting one tomorrow!

He feels your pain. No really, he does.

I'll bet he does, he seems to be attracted to others pain. I think he's already lining up cowdenbeath to watch suffer next. :D

Seriously though my son says he's a Celtic fan but really at 14 it's hard to take the abuse aimed at Livi fans stealing a club, shafting others & so on, he has had a season ticket for livi since he was 3(until this year but that's me not buying it) & has attended every game but I think he is sick of being ridiculed so has went with the flow, but deep down he is as gutted as I am.

Hopefully we will know the outcome soon!

I'll bet he does, he seems to be attracted to others pain. I think he's already lining up cowdenbeath to watch suffer next. :D

Seriously though my son says he's a Celtic fan but really at 14 it's hard to take the abuse aimed at Livi fans stealing a club, shafting others & so on, he has had a season ticket for livi since he was 3(until this year but that's me not buying it) & has attended every game but I think he is sick of being ridiculed so has went with the flow, but deep down he is as gutted as I am.

Hopefully we will know the outcome soon!

But as KFTS reminded you. You should have carried out due dilligence before deciding to support them. You should also have explained to your daft boy how Livi were born. I would suggest throw in the birds and the bees at the same time, as long as you get the important bits in about Blobby Hunter, Wimbledon, the community etc. He could probably tell you the correct way to bring up your kids as you seem to be making a complete hash of it.

How many have you got KFTS?, all towing the line and following the righteous path?

But as KFTS reminded you. You should have carried out due dilligence before deciding to support them. You should also have explained to your daft boy how Livi were born. I would suggest throw in the birds and the bees at the same time, as long as you get the important bits in about Blobby Hunter, Wimbledon, the community etc. He could probably tell you the correct way to bring up your kids as you seem to be making a complete hash of it.

How many have you got KFTS?, all towing the line and following the righteous path?

I'm guessing that there's some history between you and KFTS. :lol:

Must say, it does seem a bit weird that someone who supports AFC Wimbledon (6/7 years old) can look down their nose at a club that is twice as old.

Bit weird that.

Must say, it does seem a bit weird that someone who supports AFC Wimbledon (6/7 years old) can look down their nose at a club that is twice as old.

Most Wimbledon fans have been Wimbledon fans for a lot longer, and regard the club's legal reconstitution in the interim as incidental to that continuity of support.

I can also empathise with those people who preferred to take their kids to watch Livingston as opposed to the likes of the old firm or the two Edinburgh clubs.

:P

Livilass is finally feeling the real pain of being a football fan. :)

Bit weird that.

AFC Wimbledon were formed in 1889 - it says so on the website. :lol:

Bit weird that.

Not really, I just can't resist winding up someone that self-righteous. I don't think he really realises how poorly he comes accross. If it was a pub and he came in you could just feel the atmosphere being sucked from the room as you realise what the converation will be for the next three hours.

Anyway, shoosh, here he's coming. Oh errr no thanks, we were just leaving, weren't we. We were only in for one.

Not really, I just can't resist winding up someone that self-righteous. I don't think he really realises how poorly he comes accross. If it was a pub and he came in you could just feel the atmosphere being sucked from the room as you realise what the converation will be for the next three hours.

Anyway, shoosh, here he's coming. Oh errr no thanks, we were just leaving, weren't we. We were only in for one.

Says the poster who keeps coming back for more. :rolleyes:

Actually the internet is not the right sort of place to have these discussions - much better to have them in a pub where normal rules of conversation apply.

This helps pass the time when you should be working though. ;)

Nothing on the Rolls of Court for tomorrow as yet so might not even be in court tomorrow.

Can the SFL do anything if they haven't gone into admin, given the statements from the council about retaining senior footie in West Lothian?

Nothing on the Rolls of Court for tomorrow as yet so might not even be in court tomorrow.

Can the SFL do anything if they haven't gone into admin, given the statements from the council about retaining senior footie in West Lothian?

:lol:

how much longer can this be spun out?

just get them to f**k and be done with it

Says the poster who keeps coming back for more. :rolleyes:

Actually the internet is not the right sort of place to have these discussions - much better to have them in a pub where normal rules of conversation apply.

This helps pass the time when you should be working though. ;)

Yep. I just can't resist it 590 odd posts over a couple of years as opposed to your 4,000 odd in five. The best part is you are right most of the time, it is your delivery that compels me to react. I need help with it, I know.

Guest penelope pitstop
The manner they post in is unacceptable if they want to be considered as a viable alternative to Massone to run the football club. Putting out propaganda under assumed names isn't being honest and upfront, something they condemn Massone for.

But that isn't what I asked - I asked Is the situation on the leccy acceptable or are the Trust right to condemn it?

And lets leave aside "putting things out in assumed names" when all you mean is that they are posting using their usernames on a message board. How about a straight answer on whether the situation on the leccy is acceptable

And does this reply

I went to the game to take pictures as a member of the press. When a game is played behind closed doors (such as Celtic v Austria Vienna a few years ago), the press are still allowed to cover it.

mean that you were unable to get down to do any volunteering as you said you might here

If I can manage I'll be down at the stadium tomorrow to do some work to get the safety certificate to keep the club playing football at Almondvale (unpaid Penelope !!)

but were only down to take photos which is your paid job?

how much longer can this be spun out?

just get them to f**k and be done with it

I've said it before this will run and run. Massone obviously has a reason for hanging on and it seems to me if the threat of administration was real and imminent, then given his stubborness up to now he would simply file a CVA moratorium to gain more time, thus defeating the petition for an admin order.

If the Livi Trust are so confident of their plans and so confident about future trading why haven't they put the company into admin in order to remove Massone and exited the admin via a CVA?

It won't matter if it is the trust, McDougall or Rankine who take over there will be a large degree of debt write-off. Massone still believes he can pay them all off and trade through!!

But that isn't what I asked - I asked Is the situation on the leccy acceptable or are the Trust right to condemn it?

And lets leave aside "putting things out in assumed names" when all you mean is that they are posting using their usernames on a message board. How about a straight answer on whether the situation on the leccy is acceptable

Of course it's unacceptable. I'm pretty sure I said that further back in the thread. I don't see why you need to cross examine me and paint me as a Massone apologist ? Anti-"Trust" doesn't mean Pro-Massone. ;) What they should do is state that they are on the "Trust" board so that people reading their posts can see their agenda.

And does this reply

mean that you were unable to get down to do any volunteering as you said you might here

but were only down to take photos which is your paid job?

That's correct :D Do you have something against me earning a living ?

Of course it's unacceptable. I'm pretty sure I said that further back in the thread. I don't see why you need to cross examine me and paint me as a Massone apologist ? Anti-"Trust" doesn't mean Pro-Massone. ;)What they should do is state that they are on the "Trust" board so that people reading their posts can see their agenda.

Bollox!

Not so much a football ground, more of a nature reserve. Basking out on the grassy slopes is still an admirable and classy was to take in the footie. With the amount of greenery on show, you can only imagine the PA players cannot see one another.