Livingston - all the threads merged

For my part I'm not revelling in anything, but I don't understand why I should feel sorry for Davie Hay, and I don't really understand why it's any more unfair on the fans than it is unfair on everyone elses' fans to allow clubs to get away with overspending.

Why are all the St Mirren fans revelling in this? Have I missed something here?

They hate Hay, which is perfectly reasonable.

And he only enjoyed "success" before at Livingston because they were spending more on wages than they were bringing in through turnover. Such success is cheating, and shouldn't be applauded.

Indeed it should immediately be struck from the record books.

I don't quite understand the venom towards Livi here. The only real bad feeling anyone has with Livi is with ourselves. It's pretty much based on the fact that Stadia Management a company owned by a Dunfermline director I believe went to the wall and in turn sent Livi into admin. Correct me if I'm a wrong. After that the argument has always been based on whose chairman was the biggest idiot, obviously it was Livi's but who cares now the fool has gone.

Anyway, my point is that I think Livi have more than earned their place, have had a valuable contribution to Scottish Football, and so what if they don't have lifelong fans. There are plenty kids brought up in Livi who will one day be able to claim being a fan from the out set.

Gretna I couldnt give a stuff about, I hated all that fairystale rubbish, they proved everthing that was wrong with idiots buying football clubs and stuffing money (usually someone else's) into them.

Livi aren't exactly my favourite club but good luck to them and I hope they can become a bit more stable at boardroom level.

The only thing anyone would miss about St Mirren is the 9-12 points to your own league campaign each season.

Anyway, my point is that I think Livi have more than earned their place, have had a valuable contribution to Scottish Football

Gretna I couldnt give a stuff about, I hated all that fairystale rubbish, they proved everthing that was wrong with idiots buying football clubs and stuffing money (usually someone else's) into them.

Deliciously humorous contradiction here :lol:

Why are all the St Mirren fans revelling in this? Have I missed something here?

Dunfermline & Livingston both made statements about us being a small club - when the only reason they were doing better than us was the fact that they were spending beyond their means.

David Hay is a throwback to 91/92 when he managed us to relegation to Division 1.

Attitudes ranging from "dance on their graves" to "it was bound to end in tears" are IMO understandable.

Dunfermline & Livingston both made statements about us being a small club - when the only reason they were doing better than us was the fact that they were spending beyond their means.

David Hay is a throwback to 91/92 when he managed us to relegation to Division 1.

Attitudes ranging from "dance on their graves" to "it was bound to end in tears" are IMO understandable.

I forgot he was a former Buddies manager. Came in after Tony Fitzpatrick I think. I remember now. Now I get you.

Sorry but I'll stick by the comment. As far as I'm concerned the league would be worse without them. I take it the Falkirk and St Mirren fans are sore that Livi got promoted at their expense? At least when Livi were in the SPL they did something all your mobs do is hang around the bottom of the table moaning about how big a club you think you are. The only other thing you have in common is that you are a bunch of jakey skanks. Or is it because Livi got European football? That's another thing your two clubs always seem to come up short on when telling us all of your past 'successes' (so hard to type that without laughing)

I take it the Falkirk and St Mirren fans are sore that Livi got promoted at their expense? At least when Livi were in the SPL they did something all your mobs do is hang around the bottom of the table moaning about how big a club you think you are.

Ooh, so close to perfect. But you forgot to include the word "ambition" :D

Ah! another Falkirk St Mirren similarity. Which should actually read as

"When the only reason they were doing better than us is becuase they got their Stadiums in order at a great expense to their clubs whilst we sat back and did absolutely nothing, they then had the audacity to get a bit ambitious and spent money on players while we were still moaning about our grounds and waiting for handouts to get them up to scratch"

Why do you not go on about Motherwell and Dundee? You are like children who complain to Mummy and Daddy because one of your siblings got something you didn't even though they got off their butt and went and got it themselves.

St Mirren: the middle child syndrome of Scottish Fitba. (That problem middle child with the gammy limp and bad teeth)

Anyway, my point is that I think Livi have more than earned their place, have had a valuable contribution to Scottish Football, and so what if they don't have lifelong fans. There are plenty kids brought up in Livi who will one day be able to claim being a fan from the out set.

If you could point out to us the differences, other than timescale, between the Livvy and Gretna approaches to running a football club, I'd be grateful.

Ah! another Falkirk St Mirren similarity. Which should actually read as

"When the only reason they were doing better than us is becuase they got their Stadiums in order at a great expense to their clubs whilst we sat back and did absolutely nothing, they then had the audacity to get a bit ambitious and spent money on players while we were still moaning about our grounds and waiting for handouts to get them up to scratch"

Why do you not go on about Motherwell and Dundee? You are like children who complain to Mummy and Daddy because one of your siblings got something you didn't even though they got off their butt and went and got it themselves.

St Mirren: the middle child syndrome of Scottish Fitba. (That problem middle child with the gammy limp and bad teeth)

Do you work for the SFA, by any chance?

Sorry but I'll stick by the comment. As far as I'm concerned the league would be worse without them. I take it the Falkirk and St Mirren fans are sore that Livi got promoted at their expense? At least when Livi were in the SPL they did something all your mobs do is hang around the bottom of the table moaning about how big a club you think you are. The only other thing you have in common is that you are a bunch of jakey skanks. Or is it because Livi got European football? That's another thing your two clubs always seem to come up short on when telling us all of your past 'successes' (so hard to type that without laughing)

At least Livingston fans have the League Cup win to reminisce upon. And the rest of the big spenders what did they achieve - Administration or (as you're about to find out) a decade in the doldrums!

At least Livingston fans have the League Cup win to reminisce upon. And the rest of the big spenders what did they achieve - Administration or (as you're about to find out) a decade in the doldrums!

3 cup finals, 2 european visits, 3 or was it 4 top 6 finishes, and some great football. Okay we won nothing but it was fun whilst St Mirren were enjoying their times in the doldrums.

St Mirren? You got to laugh you do realise if you aren't down this year you won't last any longer than next?

Tell you what stop your bandwagon and let me on "Livi out! Livi out!, Livi out!" A lot of bitter fans of football teams with crappy grounds on here today.

The Livi Trust need to get their fingers out of their arses and with the support of the creditors force a takeover of the club. This is a massive massive opportunity if they seize it!!

Shhh don't say that , that'll just get the Airdrie fans started on Livi aswell. I'm beginning to feel sorry for the Livi fans they don't need anymore grief.