Livingston - all the threads merged

If Massone is paying the players with his own money then surely it's similar to the situation at Gretna? If Massone decides he wants out, are there finances in place to ensure the players are paid?

Are you my echo?

And why not? If Massone is forced to pay the creditors, the lies perpetuated by the 'fake fans' become too much and his stadium proposals are knocked back then you can't blame the game if he decides to walk away.

Who'll pay your players then?

Are you copying everything I say?

And why not? If Massone is forced to pay the creditors, the lies perpetuated by the 'fake fans' become too much and his stadium proposals are knocked back then you can't blame the game if he decides to walk away.

Who'll pay your players then?

If Massone is paying the players with his own money then surely it's similar to the situation at Gretna? If Massone decides he wants out, are there finances in place to ensure the players are paid?

I'm not having a discussion on what ifs and maybes. I can't give you any evidence about the financial afairs of Livingston or any other Scottish football club. You are asking this question based upon what? The broken English of our chairman?

People who abandoned his team can not wait a day or two for the payment of a few pounds

Aye Angelo, it might be a few pounds to you but to small businesses in this financial climate it can be the difference between staying afloat and going to the wall.

Just as well we're not hanging by the balls waiting 'one or two' days since most of us have been waiting months.

I'll take you at your word though and will check my business account on Friday. If the money isn't in then I'll take further legal action. Seem fair?

I 'm sorry I have to respond to you on an internet forum but you and Thomasso won't return my calls.

I'm a bit worried by all of this. Hope that Massone doesn't turn out to be another Pearse Flynn- ie a bullsh*tter. In my opinion (and I'm no lawyer!), the debts inherited by the club should be the responsibility of the chairman. Whether Pearse Flynn has lied about the unpaid accounts or not, the club should pay up first and then seek re-imbursement, should it be due. I do have faith in Angelo, but it's unfair to label people "fake fans" if they become worried or annoyed by the constant stalling of payments they are due. I hope the situation is resolved quickly.

You'll be too busy avoiding the heads of about, oh, three quarters of your support to worry about that.

Can you imagine Allan Cowan had done this on the Thistle forum? He would have been destroyed. I don't want any club to go to the wall but since I don't think they are in any real danger I'll have a quiet chuckle at their chairmans PR.

Worse than Thistle, worse than Thistle (not on the park obviously).

i for one am happy to see Massone sue his ass, also these guys chasing debts from Flynns time, i find it funny how they didn't say all this stuff till the Italians took over, smell a soft touch did they, seems like Massones not going to just roll over for them though.

:huh:

Without knowing the ins and outs of this situation, he'd have to have some evidence of a pretty extensive cover up operation by Pearse. The Italians bought the club and went through due diligence. Aren't you a little concerned that he is trying to put attention (and possibly Livi's cash) on an unfounded legal claim?

They got the club for next to nothing as Pearse wanted to get rid of it to stop the drain on his finances. Most of the cost to the new owners was the debt owed to the council and suppliers.
also these guys chasing debts from Flynns time, i find it funny how they didn't say all this stuff till the Italians took over, smell a soft touch did they, seems like Massones not going to just roll over for them though.

It sounds as if Massone and his cronies knew exactly what they were getting themselves into. Are you happy to see those who've provided services go without what they're owed?

Incidentally, would MCL care to give us an insight into the letter that Massone distributed?

Can you imagine Allan Cowan had done this on the Thistle forum? He would have been destroyed.

Exactly what I was thinking at Thistle. I'm glad we Thistle fans are an inquisitive bunch and aren't content to accept the bullshit spouted by our chairman on occasion.

'Save the Jags' obviously taught us a lesson. It doesn't appear as if Livi or Dundee's fans learned anything while they flirted with oblivion.

It sounds as if Massone and his cronies knew exactly what they were getting themselves into. Are you happy to see those who've provided services go without what they're owed?

Incidentally, would MCL care to give us an insight into the letter that Massone distributed?

"Dear Sirs,

Re: Outstanding Account

With reference your outstanding account with ourselves we apologise for the delay in responding to your request for payment.

As you will be aware we took over ownership of the club on 2nd June 2008 and as per the agreement any debts, beyond an agreed amount, incurred prior to this date would be the responsibility of the previous owners. I would therefore ask you in this instance to contact Mr Pearse Flynn in relation to your outstanding account.

Any goods/services supplied to Livingston Football Club after 2nd June will be paid direct by ourselves and we will notify you shortly regarding a payment date.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for your patience during this transition time and if you have any problems relating to the above please let me know in writing to the above address..

Yours faithfully,

Angelo Massone

Chairman"

Guest StevenC

"Dear Sirs,

Re: Outstanding Account

With reference your outstanding account with ourselves we apologise for the delay in responding to your request for payment.

As you will be aware we took over ownership of the club on 2nd June 2008 and as per the agreement any debts, beyond an agreed amount, incurred prior to this date would be the responsibility of the previous owners. I would therefore ask you in this instance to contact Mr Pearse Flynn in relation to your outstanding account.

Any goods/services supplied to Livingston Football Club after 2nd June will be paid direct by ourselves and we will notify you shortly regarding a payment date.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for your patience during this transition time and if you have any problems relating to the above please let me know in writing to the above address..

Yours faithfully,

Angelo Massone

Chairman"

This letters content is most likely bullshit. Chances are, and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the case, that Pearse sold the club for a nominal amount - say £1 - in a zero liability situation. It's what usually happens when clubs change hands in financial trouble as the previous owners just want to stop bleeding money.

It's entirely the new owners responsibility to pay any debts, and it was their responsibility to investigate the debts currently owed. It cannae have been hard, that 'unpaid' folder is bound to be the size of a decent hospitality suite.

Angelo has probably only looked (and maybe asked) at the 'obvious' things so Pearse probably gave him a figure of the obvious things, things required to keep the club going round. What Angelo doesn't realise is that by not paying the smaller bills he's pushing the smaller businesses away from the club and subsequently losing out on tens of thousands of pounds.

Besides, I continued to work for the club after June 2nd and funnily enough, I've not been paid for that time either. I don't regard four months as 'a few days'. Do you? I don't regard several hundred pounds as "one or two pounds". Do you?

Messy indeed.

Referring to people as myself as fake fans...talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Edited by StevenC

I'd say the fake fan comment is aimed at the 4 or 5 who've been undermining everything the Italians have done since coming in,

Eh, who exactly has been doing this. FFS get a grip will you.

No one is undermining what the Italians have done. Some people are owed money and are just letting other Livi fans know they are not getting paid thats hardly undermining anyone.

On the whole there is a 'feel good factor' around the club from a football perspective, but people get worried when they here these money issues, but its a far cry from anyone trying to bring the club down.

Here we go again. Pay yer fucking bills will you.How many times can you try to get away with this sort of shite.Different Chairman, Different year, same old pish.

Champions league!!!!! More like the ADMIN CUP.

Livingston F.C.= Financial Disgrace.......

post-15122-1223403765.jpg

Guest el bawbag

im sure the italians knew they were taking on a certain amount of debt but pearse's track record makes me think it is more than likely that he has done something dodgy. who's responsibility it is to pay will depend on whether the take over deal said "we(italians) will pay these debts and you(pearse) will pay those debts" etc.

Guest Loopy Lion

All of this makes me sick. I'm aware of various debts accrued by the Anthill Mob that they have yet to pay. It's not all down to them being left debt by Pearse Flynn. All this talk of fake fans and folk not being prepared to wait a couple of days for a couple of pounds is just pure pish. And the majority of fans on the Livi fans web site seem to have bought it hook line and sinker. I fear for the future of Livingston Football Club. I really do.  :(