Livingston - all the threads merged

12 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Not sure I'd describe Brandon as injury prone but maybe that's the perception. For me someone injury prone would be getting injured every two or three games whereas Brandon had one bad, almost career ending, injury and aggravated it when trying to come back too early.

For me that's more unlucky; the real test will be if he can avoid aggravating to old injury again and yet still play at 100%.

A lot of unknowns then, whether he'll be able to stay fit with his old injury flaring up, and whether he'll be good enough to play at RB. Regardless we'll need another RB signed, whether that's McMillan or not. Think McMillan would fit the bill perfectly though, and is a no risk signing.

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Don't get me wrong; I always like McMillan; he was a Pittman type player in defence; even when he wasn't having a great game he never gave up trying.

You knew what you were getting with Jack; no silly tantrums; no games just a good honest defender. The only bad game I can really recall him having was, I think, against Falkirk, which I think was one of Matija Sarkic's first games for us (but I could be wrong). I recall him leaving a huge gap at the right post which the opposition exploited. I says something that this is the only "bad" performance I can highlight and that was more of a lapse which hopefully experience will ironed out.

My biggest concern with him when he was at Livi, was his attacking runs up the wing, just wasn't anywhere near as good at Devlin going forward, watching those play off games though, he has improved massively at Thistle, was right up there in the thick of it getting goals for them. At Livi he was more comfortable defending and looked reluctant to go forward.

15 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

My biggest concern with him when he was at Livi, was his attacking runs up the wing, just wasn't anywhere near as good at Devlin going forward, watching those play off games though, he has improved massively at Thistle, was right up there in the thick of it getting goals for them. At Livi he was more comfortable defending and looked reluctant to go forward.

Yes; although we had a few issues last season with fullbacks attacking up the wing and leaving huge gaps at the back. This was a common occurrence with Longridge but also occurred with Devlin and Montano. Attacking is good but they need to speed and presence of mind to get back quickly once possession is lost.

McMillan has certainly bulked out a bit since leaving us; just what his pace is like is open for debate.

30 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

My guess would be Accies & Cove as home games, and Brechin & Clyde away.

Assuming the fixtures are decided using the same formula as recent years, you’ll be at home to Clyde & Accies and away to Cove and Brechin which is probably the best set of fixtures in a truly dull group. 

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Assuming the fixtures are decided using the same formula as recent years, you’ll be at home to Clyde & Accies and away to Cove and Brechin which is probably the best set of fixtures in a truly dull group. 

Great news for the 1-man-strong Stonehaven supporters branch 😎

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Read we're interested in signing Tranmere Rovers CB Kyle Jameson, who's out of contract soon. According to this, Grimsby might be after him too though. Grimsby Town Join SPFL Side In Race For League Two Defender – The Real EFL

It was that journalist, Pete O'Rourke, who first revealed we'd bid for Shamal George last summer. That suggests he's reliable and therefore we are interested in Kyle Jameson. Added to that, Jameson was in Fitzwater's team at West Brom and Bahamboula's at Oldham. We know Martindale takes recruitment recommendations from his players.

Edited by FreedomFarter

Jamesons showed up well in my data for a few seasons now (havent checked this seasons though tbh), so not surprising youre looking at him.

Your scouting team really do a great job that a lot of "bigger teams" just ignore and put down to luck/Martindale.

FWIW

Spoiler

jameson.thumb.png.524db5332700e33791a3b0de5b5ab504.png

They look worse than they are, really. Orange is still decent it just means hes around average. Red stuff isn't important for a CB.

He was sensational in 20/21 which is why I've remembered his name.

jameson1.png.76d97437b1b892aaea1ae22a03280fc8.png

Curious why hes not played much though, genuinely don't know if he has injuries etc. or not thats caused that.

Seems like one who hasn't been playing as well as he can, for whatever reason, but has potential to be very good.

On 08/06/2023 at 15:29, ScottR96 said:

Spot on yep. And an away trip to Cove lands on a Tues night, luv a duck.