Livingston - all the threads merged

Good signing if he can stay fit, doesn't scream "shoestring budget" though. Unless of course he jumped at the chance to sign thinking he wouldn't get anything better with his lack of playing.

George

de Lucas  -  Devlin  -  Boyes

Brandon  -  Holt  -  Kelly  -  Montano

Bradley  -  Kelly

Anderson

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Good signing if he can stay fit, doesn't scream "shoestring budget" though. Unless of course he jumped at the chance to sign thinking he wouldn't get anything better with his lack of playing.

George

Bradley  -  Kelly

Anderson

Is he an upgrade on Parkes; personally I'm not so sure. However he does bring a wealth of experience I suppose; maybe a player coaching role?

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Is he an upgrade on Parkes; personally I'm not so sure. However he does bring a wealth of experience I suppose; maybe a player coaching role?

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Or Obileye for that matter

Probably not, and I actually completely forgot about Obileye :lol:

If he hits the levels he was at Aberdeen then absolutely. However there is a 0.1% chance of that happening. Still a chance though.

Given the way it’s structure (3 years worth of one year deals) I’d bet he’s on less than Nicky Devlin and Fitzwater, both of whom likely had wage increases over their time here

Interesting to see how this works - suggest 352 or 343 is the formation next season

343 at home, with Bradley and Kelly/Bahamboula alongside Anderson seems very similar to the 433 this season 

19 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

George

Bradley  -  Kelly

Anderson

Yeah think it shows we have to take some risk signings to get a decent quality player for what we're paying. Hopefully pays off and he stays fit.

Funnily enough he'd be the type of opposition player that wouldn't be allowed to play against us at home on our plastic pitch, with the old not wanting to risk someone that's had injuries playing on plastic excuse. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

34 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Maybe Obileye will play further forward next year?

I know he played there for QoS but defensive lines are much lower in the Championship and strikers stay high, which stretches the game out, giving more space in centre mid and therefore more time on the ball in that area. In the Prem, teams defend far more compactly. Defensive lines are higher and strikers retreat back when they lose the ball. This really squeezes the space in centre mid and I don't think Obileye has the skills needed to cope with that.

Aye i read he was decent as a defensive midfielder, but from what i've seen, that's when he gets himself in trouble, getting caught on the ball, bringing it out of defence. He's much better keeping it simple and just clearing it, or passing it to the likes of Fitzwater to bring it out. Wouldn't like to see him as a DM, gives me a shudder thinking about it. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

My issue with Obileye is that he doesn't have a left foot. If anyone presses him in midfield they know where he's going, always onto his right. I wouldn't have him near the first team as I don't rate him, but he's at least decent in the air. On the right side of a back 3, keeping it simple he may be passable.

Apart from that, Devlin out, Devlin in. Seems like it'll be a decent signing, Martindale seems confident they can get to keeping him fit at least. International and European experience in a defender is nothing to shy away from, I imagine he'll have a big impact in training and the dressing room too

12 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

I’ve heard John Ward the CEO has resigned, or is resigning - away without a peep! I think procuring players for next season and beyond will be the least of our worries!

no chairman and soon to be no CEO. Wonder why? 

image.thumb.png.f86f1eb0fb518c813ccb02910159b675.png

As of yet, you're talking nonsense again. Nothing official, I'll wait until it's confirmed via official channels. 

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

image.thumb.png.f86f1eb0fb518c813ccb02910159b675.png

As of yet, you're talking nonsense again. Nothing official, I'll wait until it's confirmed via official channels. 

Speaking of official channels, I have one for you... It would appear that both these men, John Ward and Robert Wilson, are interdicted in the Edinburgh Court of Session - perhaps that's the reason they'd want to walk if the resignation rumours are true!