Livingston - all the threads merged

18 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Had just sent a message to a mate that a part of me wanted Hibs to get a late winner so I don't have to spend the next week slowly getting more hopeful and excited.

Then United scored, f**k it - Europe is back on!

17 minutes ago, Durnford said:

The season that keeps giving and giving.

Hibs playing managerless Hearts next week - will Hearts go on a new manager bounce or fall into the mire?

Aye the sacked manager bounce might give Hearts the lift to win against Hibs, but we still need to beat St Johnstone, a draw isn't even any use with the negative GD we have. Hopefully Martindale goes back to just concentrating on his own players and sets us up to win, or at least attack and try to score goals. We've already won home and away against them, and there isn't any obvious big target man we need worry about for DM to start wetting his pants over, and setting the team up around nullifying, so just get a Nouble Anderson combo up front with Bradley &  Kelly supporting them too.

Saying that, it's all a bit deja vu Motherwell last season as we'd head to Dundee having to get a result against Utd to make it, you just know we'd concede a 97th min goal to draw the game 2-2 for some heartache. Prob a hand ball too, with VAR taking 10 minutes to decide on Kevin Clancy going over to the monitor for a look, then doing the VAR tv sign before pointing to the spot.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 09/04/2023 at 15:04, LIVIFOREVER said:

Utd beating Hibs and keeping our top 6 chances alive, dirty sadistic barstewards that they are.

St Mirren are away at Sevco next week. Beat St Johnstone you’ll have your nail biting final day

St Mirren have history of blowing a top 6 slot in the past couple of seasons 

2 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

St Mirren are away at Sevco next week. Beat St Johnstone you’ll have your nail biting final day

Aye that's what i'm afraid of, after blowing a 2 goal lead over Motherwell and being within seconds of being in the top 6 we drew 2-2 with them and finished 7th. Can't help thinking it may have been kinder to us if Hibs had won against Utd and put us out our misery.

However you're right, even though it would be painful to miss out on that top 6 spot in the final split game, i'll take that chance, because if we do win our next 2 games and either Hibs or St Mirren slip up, our season wont be over, we'll still have something to play for in the last 5 games, the alternative to that is watching us going through the motions knowing we wont be relegated, but best we can finish is 7th again, and fuckall really to play for.

Might be tinpot diddy as f**k, but getting that top 6 up in Dundee would see some scenes in the Livi end. Would bring back memories of our play off win up there, coming back from 2-1 to win 3-2.

41 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Don't think you will get anything at Ibrox, but you have Kilmarnock at home the last game pre-split, St Mirren have a great home record and Kilmarnock have only managed 2 draws in the league all season, with 14 defeats. In football you never know, but can't see you losing to Kilmarnock, and the points from that should be enough to get you top 6. 

For Livi, I think we need to win both games, and hope St Mirren lose both games or Hibs slip up, St Johnstone have seen better results away from home this season which is were we have them on Saturday, Hibs have St Johnstone away in the last game, as I said St Johnstone on home form 3 wins, 3 draws, 9 defeats . Going on results so far this season, Hearts have had the upper hand over Hibs but are going through the ringer at the moment, although Hibs aren't doing too great either since beating us 4-1 at the Tony Macaroni. Top 6 could be all settled this weekend, but I have a feeling it may take till the final weekend. 

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Might be tinpot diddy as f**k, but getting that top 6 up in Dundee would see some scenes in the Livi end. Would bring back memories of our play off win up there, coming back from 2-1 to win 3-2.

Don't do this to me, don't give me hope

Was listening to Davie speak on the "sacked in the morning" podcast and he mentioned he spoke with Snoddy about returning to Livi before he signed with Hearts. Just seen he's been released from Hearts with immediate effect. Bring him home Davie

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Was listening to Davie speak on the "sacked in the morning" podcast and he mentioned he spoke with Snoddy about returning to Livi before he signed with Hearts. Just seen he's been released from Hearts with immediate effect. Bring him home Davie

Even if it's just to have someone that takes a really good set piece it would be worth it.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You couldnt play him this season anyway, so probably best to wait and find out why hes apparently leaving first...

Get him in as a footballing consultant...it worked in the past. 

In all honesty, it was a bit of a joke but his experience would be phenomenal and he's a lot more mobile than I thought he would be at his age. If he's interested in going into coaching then Martindale has previous for helping players transition from playing to coaching

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

On the one hand, I'd love to see it but I think we'd have to fundamentally change the way we set up to accommodate him. I have no idea how on earth he would work in our team. 

36 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

A replacement and upgrade on Shinnie?

Yeah I was thinking this as well. His position seems to be the same as Shinnie, where they're both best at CAM. Though I think Snodgrass has been played at CM for Hearts this season and looked good. IMO he's a big upgrade on Shinnie and if he wants to come back I'd imagine the door is wide open. Even as another option at CM with Shinnie and Omeonga going

I really wanted Dorrans to return to us after he was released by Rangers and was disappointed when he didn't. His subsequent spells at Dundee and Dunfermline were both underwhelming, though. Maybe a cautionary tale there regarding Snoddy. 

The last "old" player we signed was Bartley but he still had full athletic capacity and his performances were a cut above, justifying his higher salary.

14 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

The last "old" player we signed was Bartley but he still had full athletic capacity and his performances were a cut above, justifying his higher salary.

We signed Ambrose after Bartley didnt we?