Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Just seen that - joint top scorer for the championship apparently. What happened to the boy we signed from Queens Park a couple of years back?

Kouider-Aissa? He's on loan at Stranraer from Airdrie

Just now, Durnford said:

No disrespect to Stranraer but considering he appeared fr us against Rangers thats a bit of a dip.

Didnt he go on loan to Partick for a while

Yeah we sent him out on loan there and he made 1 appearance, recalled and we sent him back to QP. I think he had a really bad injury at Airdrie as well which set him back. Coming to us was too much too early for him really and he's not had a lot of luck since

1 minute ago, thruthenight said:

Callum Carson mentioned that there was one expected outgoing left tonight, I'm surprised that it's Clark. Cancar in particular I expected to go out on loan. Isma/Fitz were also possibilities.

Loans to the lower leagues can still be done for a few more days, would expect Cancar to head to QoS at least

7 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Loans to the lower leagues can still be done for a few more days, would expect Cancar to head to QoS at least

What’s Cancar like? And are we allowed two loans from the same club?

Edited by QoS99

3 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Cancar would be brilliant for QoS but his agent might instead be trying to get him a loan move to Australia or Croatia (where he's Čančar).

I doubt it, Martindale will be wanting him to get up to speed with the Scottish game for next season

46 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I doubt it, Martindale will be wanting him to get up to speed with the Scottish game for next season

Aye, a domestic loan would probably best suit his development as a future Livi starter. I'd be happy with QoS for him anyway, we'll see soon enough.

On 31/01/2023 at 22:53, FreedomFarter said:

Aye, a domestic loan would probably best suit his development as a future Livi starter. I'd be happy with QoS for him anyway, we'll see soon enough.

Queens already have a number of loan players just now if I'm not mistaken?

I think you can only have 5 now and a max of 3 from the same club?

5 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Ah, ok. I've no idea what the restrictions are on loan signings. 

On the centre back situation, generally:

Martindale said in a recent interview (I think it was post-Hearts) how pleased he was by Boyes' emergence. He said he's been looking to get a left-sided centre back in the team for a while as he felt not having one was creating a problem in our build up. The search has probably been ongoing since John Guthrie left with Parkes being the first attempt. It's probably why Martindale tried Sean Kelly there for a couple games earlier this season and we did see the benefit to our build up of having Kelly there but Kelly's defensive side wasn't up to it. Cancar is right-footed but has always been a left-sided player so far in his career. His age, position and attributes all match with Boyes so Boyes having now established himself in the team blocks Cancar's path into it for the time being. We've seen the tactical advantage to Boyes, he can seamlessly switch to left centre back in a three as we did later in the Hearts match. He even dribbled forward from that role and got a good shot in, showing his ability in possession. Longridge has previously been brought in at left centre back for matches we've began in a back three. Boyes instead starting against Celtic last night shows Martindale is now confident in him. De Lucas is more a like for like replacement for Fitzwater (who was expected to have left by now) and he'll mostly compete with Obileye long term for right centre back. De Lucas is very composed in possession, showing again how Martindale wants his centre backs to contribute to build up.

Edit: A further point on Boyes. His pace gives him great covering ability both backwards and wide. He ran back to thwart Oda against Hearts first half last Saturday. It's crucial we have a centre back who can do that if we want to play a higher defensive line at times. Then because we like to play an attacking left back, Penrice or Montaño, Boyes is needed to cover across to the left back space for opposition counter attacks.

Edited by FreedomFarter

6 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Queens have Only 2 loans the now, Kadia Livi & Dabrowski hibs so allowed another 3 wouldn't be surprised to see Cancar come and possibly young RB Logan from Hearts. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH