Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Trying to remember why Rubio left. It was after the cup final so presumably during the Flynn era?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/livingston/4663807.stm

Top of this suggests Lambert didn't rate him; but I'd put that down to wording and it was just a case of his contract was up and he went back to Spain. Someone might remember differently though.

Rubio bids fond farewell to Livi

Rubio has showered praise on Livingston despite leaving the Scottish Premier League club to return to Spain.

The 28-year-old defender is leaving following the arrival of Paul Lambert as manager during the summer.

Edited by LiviLion

38 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Interesting that Oscar Rubio had been commenting on the new signing, retweeting it etc and then the image with the Rubio top 😍. Is he an agent or have the come across each others paths at some other point. Or is he just interested in a fellow CB signing for Livi.  

Rubio went on to manage for a while in Spanish lower leagues. Luiyi played in the same leagues for a while so not unlikely that they'll have crossed paths before

7 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/livingston/4663807.stm

Top of this suggests Lambert didn't rate him; but I'd put that down to wording and it was just a case of his contract was up and he went back to Spain. Someone might remember differently though.

That will be the same Paul Lambert that took up to a almost record breaking lowest tally of points in the SPL (well until the Gretna thing I think).

9 minutes ago, Durnford said:

That will be the same Paul Lambert that took up to a almost record breaking lowest tally of points in the SPL (well until the Gretna thing I think).

Think we still have the record of least points gained with 18; Gretna won 23 but their deduction took their total to 13. Dundee came close a couple years ago with 21. If we want it gone we're either looking for County losing the rest of their games this season (currently on 17), or someone doing a Brechin and coming up to get pumped every week.

13 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Any word on Kabia apparently Queens are interested.

Good move for your new centre half to get experience of Scottish football with a loan just like Nouble .

Bartley will look after him well.

If he's still here at the end of the month, I imagine he's coming to Queens on loan for the rest of the season. He's surplus here. Rumour has it that there are clubs interested in taking him permanently now, however.

De Lucas wont be coming to you on loan. Cancar might though

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Any word on Kabia apparently Queens are interested.

Good move for your new centre half to get experience of Scottish football with a loan just like Nouble .

Bartley will look after him well.

I think Kabia would be a decent signing for you, if you managed to keep him motivated for more than a couple of months, seems to start off well at clubs then drops right off it. Initially did well for us, same at Falkirk and Morton, then fell out of things.

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think Kabia would be a decent signing for you, if you managed to keep him motivated for more than a couple of months, seems to start off well at clubs then drops right off it. Initially did well for us, same at Falkirk and Morton, then fell out of things.

Was hoping with Bartley as our manager that would keep him interested. 

Cancar is he a aggressive centre back who can organise things at the back .

Think any loans will not happen till late next week all depending if anyone leaves your club.

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Was hoping with Bartley as our manager that would keep him interested. 

Cancar is he a aggressive centre back who can organise things at the back .

Think any loans will not happen till late next week all depending if anyone leaves your club.

Fairly aggressive aye, maybe a bit too much so at times, pretty rapid bit of pace on him too. Needs some experience though so not sure he'd be organising the defence, would be better playing beside an older pro to keep him right.

25 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Fairly aggressive aye, maybe a bit too much so at times, pretty rapid bit of pace on him too. Needs some experience though so not sure he'd be organising the defence, would be better playing beside an older pro to keep him right.

Not nasty aggressive; but definitely over enthusiastic at times if that makes sense.

Millwall have apparently had a bid of £3m for Lyndon Dykes turned down.

Wonder if we have a sell-on clause. Martindale seemed to hint that we would get a chunk of money if QPR got promoted but I don't think a sell-on has been explicitly confirmed.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Millwall have apparently had a bid of £3m for Lyndon Dykes turned down.

Wonder if we have a sell-on clause. Martindale seemed to hint that we would get a chunk of money if QPR got promoted but I don't think a sell-on has been explicitly confirmed.

Callum Carson said on the Livi FB page how much it is, but can't remember now, QoTS would be due some percentage of it too.

Found it.

Callum Carson

15%, of which 15% of that goes to Queen of the South. 500k if QPR get promoted as well then 250k if they stay in the Premier League

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

The Fanbase app for anyone looking for tickets for tommorows Scottish Cup tie @Stenhousemuir.

There is a pay at the gate but they advise booking your tickets via the fanbase app.

Cold overnight in Stenny but rising to 5c for kick off tommorow.

Stenhousemuir/Larbert is at a far lower elevation than WL and closer to the river Forth,fingers crossed for tommorow.