Livingston - all the threads merged

14 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I must be alone thinking Ayo has been brilliant this season. Yes there's been a couple of mistakes but a defender who doesn't make mistakes over the season doesn't play for Livingston. I think he's been much more solid than Fitzwater who's looked ropey at times and even Boyes has looked a better option. As for De Lucas, he looked very good in the friendlies. Another man mountain like Ayo and looked more of a ball playing defender than we have already. Hopefully he's able to come in soon and get used to Scottish football.

I'd agree with this and say my criticism of Ayo stems from him going from 8/10 to 6/10 with each passing week. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with Shamal coming back in, as he seems to communicate better with his defence

There's absolutely no chance Griffiths would add anything to this squad. He done nothing at Falkirk, in Australia or the countless trials he's been on the past two years. I'd honestly rather recall Jack Hamilton if we need to boost numbers

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Having to choose between Isma and Griffiths is like choosing between a boot in the baws and a boot in the baws

Goncalves would try to boot you in the baws, miss and fall on his arse though...not sure I'd let Griffiths near my baws either lol

If I see one more person even slightly suggest signing Griffiths I'm handing my season ticket back and packing in football.

Luckily Martindale seems to recognise that he's complete shite, even if some of the folk on that Facebook page (assuming that's where this has come from) seem to think he could still stroll into the Scotland squad.

11 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

If I see one more person even slightly suggest signing Griffiths I'm handing my season ticket back and packing in football.

Luckily Martindale seems to recognise that he's complete shite, even if some of the folk on that Facebook page (assuming that's where this has come from) seem to think he could still stroll into the Scotland squad.

Griffiths is a cretin but why are claiming this stance? If its the messaging thing I find it strange given Lithgow was at Livi for years.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Griffiths is a cretin but why are claiming this stance? If its the messaging thing I find it strange given Lithgow was at Livi for years.

It's probably more to do with the fact there's no evidence he can still contribute at Premiership level, yet every time we have striking issues the forum is flooded with suggestions of a "pay as you play" or "Martindale might get it to work" shouts. Griffiths was on trial at Livi to keep fit for months, and Martindale still preferred to sign Guthrie from the Indian second tier. 

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I'm not sure what that's got to do with him being shite, other than the OF habit of diving straight in with "what about"

10 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I'm not sure what that's got to do with him being shite, other than the OF habit of diving straight in with "what about"

Given you said you would throwing your season book over it I assumed it was something then more than him just being ‘shite’. Nothing to with some lazy OF thing as Im not here to defend him or deflect, I think he’s an arsehole.

Edited by gannonball

21 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

It's probably more to do with the fact there's no evidence he can still contribute at Premiership level, yet every time we have striking issues the forum is flooded with suggestions of a "pay as you play" or "Martindale might get it to work" shouts. Griffiths was on trial at Livi to keep fit for months, and Martindale still preferred to sign Guthrie from the Indian second tier. 

The restoration projects with strikers haven't been as successful as some folk might be thinking. It went very well with JET yet it went very badly with Stokes and it's going how its going with Isma.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Given you said you would throwing your season book over it I assumed it was something then more than him just being ‘shite’. Nothing to with some lazy OF thing as Im not here to defend him or deflect, I think he’s an arsehole.

In all seriousness, I'd consider packing it in as well. Griffiths is just that shite. It's obvious a mile away that he's not what we need or good enough. We've spent 6 months booing our own player for being fat and lazy, yet some of the same people are thinking Griffiths would be a vast improvement :D 

Edited by ATLIS

2 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

The restoration projects with strikers haven't been as successful as some folk might be thinking. It went very well with JET yet it went very badly with Stokes and it's going how its going with Isma.

A fair point, and it only worked with JET when he moved to playing out wide!

2 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Seems to be going well with Nouble but the approach was different (Arbroath)

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Every 2 weeks there's someone suggesting (mainly on the aforementioned facebook group) that we should sign Griffiths, it's the same conversation every time - "If he gets up to speed he's the best striker in Scotland" etc etc

It's bored and annoyed me to the point I'd rather watch Golf

Just now, Durnford said:

Seems to be going well with Nouble but the approach was different (Arbroath)

That's not really what a restoration project is though, guys like JET/Stokes/Isma had previous appearances to show they were once at a far higher level than us and it was about getting them back to that. Nouble was more of a step up for him and give him a platform to succeed rather than allow him to restore his past performances

39 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Not sure its anything to do with his history - more the fact that he really isn't very good.

In his early days with us his sudden burst of speed and route-one approach was an exciting game to watch; he doesn't have that any more. 

As for potential knowledge transfer I think our guys benefitted more when Hartson was involved prior to Kenny Miller becoming manager.

I know it's Martindale's early January bait line but f**k me 

"Martindale, who has already signed former Hibernian winger Steven Bradley, expects De Lucas to be his final January recruit."

Get the idea that this is our final recruit so far to f**k :D I know he's going to end up saying something about a few going out and using the wages but we could be definitely doing with one or two after Luiyi. 

Loan market seems to have been dodgy for us bar Odin Bailey in recent times but surely there's someone out there available on loan that could contribute more than a Soto/Chuk etc up front

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Every 2 weeks there's someone suggesting (mainly on the aforementioned facebook group) that we should sign Griffiths, it's the same conversation every time - "If he gets up to speed he's the best striker in Scotland" etc etc

It's bored and annoyed me to the point I'd rather watch Golf

I know its repetitive but I suppose its a valid question; that being said there must be a hundred other "retired" strikers who could do the same role better.

Just now, ATLIS said:

Genuinely reckon a multiple year retired Lee Miller could contribute more than Isma at the minute :D 

He's certainly a "cut" above some of the dross if he's still "sharp" but could be an option as a "fringe" player

Could you direct me to the coat room?

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I know it's Martindale's early January bait line but f**k me 

"Martindale, who has already signed former Hibernian winger Steven Bradley, expects De Lucas to be his final January recruit."

Get the idea that this is our final recruit so far to f**k :D I know he's going to end up saying something about a few going out and using the wages but we could be definitely doing with one or two after Luiyi. 

Loan market seems to have been dodgy for us bar Odin Bailey in recent times but surely there's someone out there available on loan that could contribute more than a Soto/Chuk etc up front

Yes; I was wondering what had happened to our loan market. We had a few duff oneas but the likes of Brown from Cardiff for example and Odin Bailey were definitely worth it.

I do wonder though, with the like of Lewis and others coming on board and not getting played, has made clubs a little reluctant to lend player without guaranteed playing time.