Livingston - all the threads merged

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Club need to make a statement on the farce in the home end today, utterly shocking

Yeah no effort was made to eject Sevco fans from the home end, saw them all over the place when they scored, not that it was hard to spot them before that, some were standing right in front of the Stewards getting photos of the players coming on the pitch, and at the away dugout. 

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah no effort was made to eject Sevco fans from the home end, saw them all over the place when they scored, not that it was hard to spot them before that, some were standing right in front of the Stewards getting photos of the players coming on the pitch, and at the away dugout. 

I had a coin thrown at me that almost hit me in the back of the head. The club can't even provide a safe environment in these games, it's horrifying. I got lucky today but it wasn't far off being something far far worse.

24 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I had a coin thrown at me that almost hit me in the back of the head. The club can't even provide a safe environment in these games, it's horrifying. I got lucky today but it wasn't far off being something far far worse.

SLO is aware of the issues (I can imagine plenty folk have emailed them) and are raising it with the club on Monday - so here's hoping of some kind of response on Monday/Tuesday. It can't be allowed to happen again when it's such a safety risk

Guest Livifc1

I told you folks that Nouble was a Centre Forward. I also told you the formation we’d be playing a 4/4/2 diamond, the only thing I didn’t mention was this would be slightly modified against the Old Firm to a 4/3/2/1. 
Anyway thought the boys did brilliant today and I think we could be in for a good season ahead. I like the squad that we have. 
Does anyone know why Concalves wasn’t on the bench today? We could have used a replacement for Nouble after 70-75 minutes, ran himself into the ground. Really happy for him that he got his first goal. 

5 minutes ago, Livifc1 said:

I told you folks that Nouble was a Centre Forward. I also told you the formation we’d be playing a 4/4/2 diamond, the only thing I didn’t mention was this would be slightly modified against the Old Firm to a 4/3/2/1. 
Anyway thought the boys did brilliant today and I think we could be in for a good season ahead. I like the squad that we have. 
Does anyone know why Concalves wasn’t on the bench today? We could have used a replacement for Nouble after 70-75 minutes, ran himself into the ground. Really happy for him that he got his first goal. 

We didn't play 4-4-2 diamond today 🤦🏻‍♂️

Goncalves was suspended after his red card in the league cup

Guest Livifc1
2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

We didn't play 4-4-2 diamond today 🤦🏻‍♂️

Goncalves was suspended after his red card in the league cup

Watch what we play against Dundee Utd

Also go listen to Davies interview after the match. Anderson was unlucky not to start, but we changed it because it was against Rangers, went 1 up top and put in another midfielder. In other words changed from a 4/4/2 to a 4/3/2/1 by dropping Anderson and playing Shinnie/Pittman instead.

Shame, didn’t realise that cup suspensions carried into the League.

Edited by Livifc1

3 minutes ago, Livifc1 said:

Watch what we play against Dundee Utd

Shame, didn’t realise that cup suspensions carried into the League.

I still reckon we'll play a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Nouble and Bahamboula either side of Anderson (if he's fit)

Guest Livifc1
1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I still reckon we'll play a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Nouble and Bahamboula either side of Anderson (if he's fit)

I think 4/4/2 suits our current squad best. It’ll be interesting to see who starts between Shinnie and Pittman at the tip of the midfield diamond. 
I hope we do go for a midfield 4 

Kelly / Bitsindou 

Omeonga.              Holt

Pittman / Shinnie

because I think that midfield can and will play some really nice, silky football

4-4-2 diamond won't happen because it'd force Anderson to constantly peel wide to support the advancing full back or to chase long balls into the wide space on his side of the front pairing. He thrives as a lone central striker, staying in the box and pouncing on crosses from the wide attackers and full backs.

Guest Livifc1
1 minute ago, FreedomFarter said:

4-4-2 diamond won't happen because it'd force Anderson to constantly peel wide to support the advancing full back or to chase long balls into the wide space on his side of the front pairing. He thrives as a lone central striker, staying in the box and pouncing on crosses from the wide attackers and full backs.

I disagree Anderson to be most effective needs someone beside him, I think Nouble is the perfect partner for him

The last time a front two was used consistently was the first half of the 18/19 season. Part of the reason our forwards Menga and Robinson scored so few of our goals during that period was that they spent so much of their time in wide areas. To be able to keep your front pairing more central, the team needs to be controlling possession and territory. That then allows the wide midfelders/wing backs/full backs (depending on formation) to provide the attacking width. We can only exert that level of control in matches against bottom 6 teams at home.

You're correct, though, that Nouble and Anderson are a good pairing for times when a front 2 is an option. We finished today's match in a flat 4-4-2 with them both as forwards.

Guest Livifc1
8 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

The last time a front two was used consistently was the first half of the 18/19 season. Part of the reason our forwards Menga and Robinson scored so few of our goals during that period was that they spent so much of their time in wide areas. To be able to keep your front pairing more central, the team needs to be controlling possession and territory. That then allows the wide midfelders/wing backs/full backs (depending on formation) to provide the attacking width. We can only exert that level of control in matches against bottom 6 teams at home.

You're correct, though, that Nouble and Anderson are a good pairing for times when a front 2 is an option. We finished today's match in a flat 4-4-2 with them both as forwards.

I think our midfield 4, that I mentioned a couple of posts back, in conjunction with Devlin and hopefully soon Penrice and Nouble is enough to dominate possession and territory against most teams this year, I think. I think we could play 4/4/2 against everyone outside the Old Firm and give them a good run for their money. 
At least initially, teams will try to adapt to our tactics if we are dominating them. We then might have to counter that with a change of our own. 

Nouble's got too weak a shot yet to be a striker, deft touch for his goal to lob McGlaughlin but anytime i've seen him shooting it hasn't much power. Could've had a 2nd today too if he was more convincing at taking a shot, instead he laid it off for Omeonga. I love Nouble, fantastic skill on the ball and power to shrug off opposition players grabbing hold of him, but still not convinced by his finishing. 

Saying that i hope him finally getting off the mark gives him the confidence to bang in some more, if he adds goals to his game he'd be far too good to be playing for us, and a lot of teams would be after him.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Guest Livifc1
11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nouble's got too weak a shot yet to be a striker, deft touch for his goal to lob McGlaughlin but anytime i've seen him shooting it hasn't much power. Could've had a 2nd today too if he was more convincing at taking a shot, instead he laid it off for Omeonga. I love Nouble, fantastic skill on the ball and power to shrug off opposition players grabbing hold of him, but still not convinced by his finishing. 

Saying that i hope him finally getting off the mark gives him the confidence to bang in some more, if he adds goals to his game he'd be far too good to be playing for us, and a lot of teams would be after him.

Funnily enough Davie was mentioning that they’ve been working with Nouble on his finishing in the interview after todays game. Let’s hope he can improve on this side of his game. I’ve no idea how good he is in the air, don’t recall seeing him have a header at goal yet. But to a extent it’s not “the be all and end all”, his finishing I mean. What I want to see is Anderson, Pittman/Shinnie and others scoring from opportunities created by Nouble, or that Nouble has played a part in. Also him winning free kicks in good areas, corners, the odd penalty. That part of his game is more important. But you’d hope he’d chip in with a few goals as well. And if he can get a decent number over the season, we may have another player moving to a bigger club for a few £.

We'll never get a big fee for Nouble, he's 27 in January with not a lot of upper league experience down south. He's definitely still not a striker, I wouldn't take anything out of games against the OF as we play so differently in those games

I like the look of Shamal's kicks up the pitch, that free kick he took to set up Nouble's goal was like the one Sarkic booted up for Dykes, Shamal's one took a flick on from Devlin but still quite similar on how Nouble chipped the keeper. If Shamal goes more direct like that for Nouble then Anderson could have a lot of joy running onto Nouble's flick ons, the big man wins a lot of headers.

So the John Beaton issue, he's called one of our fans in the disabled section next to the dugout an 'arsehole' and told him to f**k off. 

That should be the end of him if true, shocking behaviour from an official