Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

No GK in until next week, wondering if we’re waiting to find out about our qualification fate to decide if we can submit an improved bid to Colchester. 

Maybe we've already submitted another offer but Davie is giving himself the week to negotiate a deal. I suppose the same could be said about any keeper really

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Maybe we've already submitted another offer but Davie is giving himself the week to negotiate a deal. I suppose the same could be said about any keeper really

Dunno what Keepers go for down there, wont be as much as outfield players anyway. A higher percentage of a sell on could be something to look at, if he's any good he wont be at Livi long, can't see us shelling out a fortune just to get him, esp when he's unproven at higher levels.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Is that the same David Martindale who said the shop was shut before trying to bring in more players and moving more out? Things in football change so rapidly. I wouldn't say it'd be a betrayal of the fans. There seems to be a decent number that would welcome Leigh back if the circumstances were right. I'm sure if he gets fit and hungry to go but has no offers then it's something Davie would look at, providing the money involved is within our constraints. We could do a lot worse than getting him in on a short term deal with a low wage and incentives to stay fit and play well.

I'd say allowing someone like that at the club will go a long way to unsettling the fan base. It's going to split a lot of people. His issues are beyond saving and the nature of some of his issues will be a thing people can't accept

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'd say allowing someone like that at the club will go a long way to unsettling the fan base. It's going to split a lot of people. His issues are beyond saving and the nature of some of his issues will be a thing people can't accept

Worse than Lithgow's?

Doesn't sound like it's an issue for Martindale.

“I know he has some trouble off the park but everyone in football I have spoken to about him said how good a guy he is and I am finding that myself.

“He’s worked so hard, he’s lost weight and body fat and he’s been brilliant around the place.

Hartlepool linked with him. Rumoured Hartlepool United target and ex-Celtic striker training with Scottish Premiership side | Hartlepool Mail

18 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I believe there was a gambling addiction, mental health issues, lack of fitness, the business with the Rudi Skacel chant and possibly a case of shoplifting if i remember right. The stuff with the texts was proven to be innocent and was ceased when the girls age was made known. He didn't flash young mums with babys, he didn't smash someone's head with a baseball bat, he wasn't involved in a multi million pound drug operation....where's your line?

I'm not saying he's a saint but some of our fanbase have short memories

43 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/live-transfers-220722/

Livingston have agreed a deal to sign Colchester goalkeeper Shamal George.

Things you love to see.

I do wonder if the interest in George has anything to do with Joel Nouble's brother playing for Colchester

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I believe there was a gambling addiction, mental health issues, lack of fitness, the business with the Rudi Skacel chant and possibly a case of shoplifting if i remember right. The stuff with the texts was proven to be innocent and was ceased when the girls age was made known. He didn't flash young mums with babys, he didn't smash someone's head with a baseball bat, he wasn't involved in a multi million pound drug operation....where's your line?

I'm not saying he's a saint but some of our fanbase have short memories

I'd say with some of them, time was the line. There was a distinct and in some cases public admission of guilt and visible willingness to turn it around. Griffiths has had a long consistent streak of issues, not one off events or not huge turning points in his life like others have had. I'd like to hope he manages to turn his life around but how many chances will he get at it?

3 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/live-transfers-220722/

Livingston have agreed a deal to sign Colchester goalkeeper Shamal George.

Things you love to see.

In other news, get the fuuuuuuck in. What a signing. A proper reliable and tested No.1 for once. 

I wonder if that's us smashed our 75k record fee, would be interesting if so

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

In other news, get the fuuuuuuck in. What a signing. A proper reliable and tested No.1 for once. 

I wonder if that's us smashed our 75k record fee, would be interesting if so

The Rangers game and Sky coverage will more than take care of that.£££.

So which ‘keeper is on the way out? Have I understood it correctly that one will be going?

From what Ive read it’s not uncommon for us to offer training facilities. I find it hard to imagine Griffiths returning to anything like his former self on the park but if Martindale says he’s now in great condition then maybe he’ll get a few goals again somewhere.

Edited by crispy

38 minutes ago, crispy said:

So which ‘keeper is on the way out? Have I understood it correctly that one will be going?

From what Ive read it’s not uncommon for us to offer training facilities. I find it hard to imagine Griffiths returning to anything like his former self on the park but if Martindale says he’s now in great condition then maybe he’ll get a few goals again somewhere.

Both could be leaving, Max is unsettled after thinking he'd get a move, and Ivan is unsettled with his family back in Russia and his wages gone through the floor with currency dropping in value. Neither of them is reliable enough at the moment either, and wont be getting a game now we've signed Shamal.

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Which "issues" are those?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Which "issues" are those?

Griffith's issues are well documented, if nothing else he's shown himself to lack the ability at this level let alone League 1. His attitude never stays fixed for long either

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You were the one pointing out his "issues" as an umbrage to potentially signing. I was asking you which "issues".

As I mentioned above, attitude and performance issues. It goes without saying that he's also had a concerning past which wouldn't matter if he was able to move on and put it in the past but the controversy is never far from him.