Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

There's Sean Kelly signed for another two years. After his first few games that news would have been met with dread but think he's slotted in well when playing as a midfielder recently, even his showings in defence seemed to get better over time so I doubt anyone will be disappointed about him staying on as backup.

From what I've heard, Sean's numbers in training are some of the best in the squad. That shows in how much leaner and quicker he seemed in his later appearances. His flexibility around the pitch is a big positive too

36 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

From what I've heard, Sean's numbers in training are some of the best in the squad. That shows in how much leaner and quicker he seemed in his later appearances. His flexibility around the pitch is a big positive too

Bet there'll be a lot of ex players that are glad they didn't have all this tech to track players work rate in training and playing on match days.:lol: No place you can hide from being a lazy aunt nowadays.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Confirmation on players leaving:

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/squad-update-2/

Thought Poplatnik might've got a chance of an extended contract, quite liked him when i saw him playing for us, but never really got a fair crack at it after he picked up an injury, was just coming into some good looking form then got injured against Utd. They feckers don't half injure a lot of our players.

Really hoping we can get Bailey back for another loan deal next season. Call me crazy, but wouldn't mind seeing Chuk back too, just feel there is so much more we could see from him, and the last few games he played in the run in looked like he was just starting to settle in and looked decent.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Think we've made the right call on all of those. Sibbald, McMillan and Pignatiello need to play and I don't think the others are at the level required. 

Martindale mentioned keeping Jacobs on as back-up before so wouldn't have surprised me if he turned down that opportunity to play regularly elsewhere. A big loss in the dressing room and it's sad to see a genuine legend leaving. 

Agree with the call on Bailey coming back.

Seething that Tom Parkes' incentives extension (up to 2 additional years) have been triggered without any mention. He will be the new Pignatiello in my squad lists.

We should absolutely try and get Bailey back on loan. He was getting better and better as the season went on. I also agree that extending Sean Kelly's contract is a smart move for the same reason. Clearly, he was unfit at the beginning of the season but has trained hard since then and looks an entirely different prospect now.  I'm looking forward to seeing who else comes in over the Summer. 

7 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:
Can't see this ending well:

In what way?

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Lvi can't go releasing CCTV footage to the general public, without permission from the authorities. Especially of minors.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Lvi can't go releasing CCTV footage to the general public, without permission from the authorities. Especially of minors.
The club have reported the matter to the police. The club can release CCTV images to aid identifying any of the offender's at the request of the police.

“It's funny to me how many people are genuinely raging that the Livi twitter have put those pictures up. Maybe they shouldn't be wee fucking degenerates, then they wouldn't have to worry about it.”

4FEA2AEE-126C-4853-B2C2-9C15D503426B.jpeg

Edited by Clown Job

1 hour ago, Eric's Cantina said:

Doesn't say very much about their security that this is the fifth time it has happened

Couple of blood thirsty Rottweilers would solve the problem, or just get Keaghan Jacobs and Jason Holt to do sliding tackles on them.