Livingston - all the threads merged

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
26 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:
Since when did a rag tag farmer team get money to bid on players?!  Barley sales must be booming right now.
I wouldn't be overly disappointed to lose Forrest, unless he later scored against us, then I'd be sad.  I've always thought he's too lightweight for the division.  Reminds me of Liam Buchanan - looks lively but his 'Livi best bits' montage would definitely include a lot of being brushed off the ball with ease.

I think there's more to come from Forrest. It'd be a shame to lose him but with Bailey, Chukwuemeka, Nouble able to play in his position plus Sibbald and Shinnie able to play the inside forward on that side then we have plenty of cover. If we were to lose Bailey for the second half of the season then I'd be more concerned

Kabia who can also play that position made the bench this week. Hopefully it's an opportunity for him to work his way back into the team rather than just bench filling. 

Kabia who can also play that position made the bench this week. Hopefully it's an opportunity for him to work his way back into the team rather than just bench filling. 
I'd forgot about Kabia too. Stories going about that Martindale doesn't fancy him due to an attitude issue which probably explains why he's not featured as much. I like him as a player too so hopefully he can prove his worth to Davie and get back in the team

Forrest was unplayable against Hibs, got Hanlon sent off too, they just couldn't cope with him down the wing, he's had some cracking games for us, but its all been a bit stop start for him, and can see why he wants away. Would love to keep him but doesn't look likely, and with Nouble joining us it'll be even harder for him to get a starting place.

We wont be weakened with letting Forrest go, looks like Martindale will def give him to the fermers, just knocking the price up for us to get the best deal possible. Don't see them being a threat to our survival either, more likely to threaten Dundee and help St J finish above them in 11th place.

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Jaze Kabia lads, any good?

Has looked lively any time i've seen him, def pest that winds up opposition players, got Brown red carded and Rooney lost the rag with him too. Needs a run of games to assert himself into the team though, not had much luck with injuries and dropping out the team. Missed a few decent chances to score too, but regular games might sharpen him up.

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah we've apparently signed him on loan for the rest of the season. He'll mainly play as a striker for us as we've changed to a 3-5-2 with wing backs under Rennie so hopefully he's going to flourish playing up top instead of out wide.

Our wingers are expected to cut inside a lot, and we often shift to a 3-5-2 to see out games; I'm sure Kabia will have filled in as one of the 2 at least once in his few appearances so playing up front, or doing all the running alongside a striker, shouldn't be brand new to him.

Yeah we've apparently signed him on loan for the rest of the season. He'll mainly play as a striker for us as we've changed to a 3-5-2 with wing backs under Rennie so hopefully he's going to flourish playing up top instead of out wide.
Just seen Livi's announcement regarding the move. Glad Martindale sees a future for Jaze at the club after reports of an attitude issue causing a disagreement. Really exciting player with no fear, hope he does well and comes back raring to go

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It sounds like Forrest has pretty much signed a PCA with us now.

With us just sending a winger out on loan I'd expect it's a case of us finding someone else to bring in before letting him leave this month.

In general it's silly to turn down cash if he's going for free, as long as it doesn't come back to haunt us and we get a decent enough replacement in.

6 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

This aged well lol

Was listening to Almondview earlier today and they were talking about potential losses of Bailey/Forrest. For me, given our depth on the left wing, Bailey would be a much bigger loss for us. Forrest is a great player though so I would be happy for us to keep him until the end of the season unless we're getting £150k.