Livingston - all the threads merged

15 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Williamson being taken back off us by Rangers now that Gerrard has left further suggests any relationship was solely between Martindale and Gerrard as individuals. I don't think @G51was commenting on how much or little Livi benefit from Gerrard loaning players to Martindale. I think the point is just that to have that seeming endorsement from a top manager like Gerrard speaks well to Martindale's competence.

Aye, I think Martindale seems to leave a good impression on every coach he comes across to be fair.

3 hours ago, LogieLivi said:
On 14/01/2022 at 16:17, LiviLion said:
There's Neil Hastings confirmed in Imrie's old role.
https://livingstonfc.co.uk/neil-hastings-rejoins-the-lions-as-first-team-coach/
I'd sack Martindale right now for his constant use of "Neilly" emoji2961.png

And today they say happy birthday to "Parkesy". Mingin.

Chuckwuemeksey might be taking it too far, but you've got Fitzey, Pittsey, Noubley, Brucey, Holtsey and Strysey.  

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Arbroath have been magnificent this season.Thought Raith would do them today,but no.Reckon Hammy will take off from where Joel left them.If they were to prevail would be a shame if they were denied their chance in the SPL due to their ground.Would love to go back to Tutties Nouk again,after so long.Cmon Smokies do it.👍.

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Arbroath have been magnificent this season.Thought Raith would do them today,but no.Reckon Hammy will take off from where Joel left them.If they were to prevail would be a shame if they were denied their chance in the SPL due to their ground.Would love to go back to Tutties Nouk again,after so long.Cmon Smokies do it.👍.

Hamsey will score plenty goals for them where Noubley was mainly the player to set the goals up/getting the ball into the box, but they've also got Nicky Low back playing, who will set Jack up, so reckon they'll still be in there with a great chance of winning the title. Think they can ground share if they get promoted, been a few promoted teams got away with doing that since Falkirk got the knock back. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Hamilton looks much bigger faster and stronger this time round 

He really is a funny one, will take some horrendous touches and have some funny moments but he must’ve had about 4 shots on target today from all kinds of crazy positions. He just seems to get shots away and be in the right position all the time. He had a great game. I think Nicky Low and Craig Wighton will create a few chances for him 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hamilton looks much bigger faster and stronger this time round 

He really is a funny one, will take some horrendous touches and have some funny moments but he must’ve had about 4 shots on target today from all kinds of crazy positions. He just seems to get shots away and be in the right position all the time. He had a great game. I think Nicky Low and Craig Wighton will create a few chances for him 

Which is funny because to us he looks awfully slow and lazy. It looked like he bulked up too much. Although I suspect it's because he's being compared to Dykes in a similar role. 

Sounds like Max might be on the move in the near future, going by Martindale's comments. Makes sense to sign a player of his calibre if that happens.

Barden probably back before the end of the season is good news as well.

Interesting to see us talk about there being interest in Stryjek. With him signed up to 2025 (that’s assuming we use the one year extension which I imagine we would) we’re in a great position to demand a good fee for him. 

Have no idea what a sensible deal would even be for us but he’s only 26 in the summer. Would it be crazy to think of a fee similar, or even better than we got for Dykes? If he keeps up his good form I imagine we’ll be in a good spot to demand at least that + a good sell on. We’re hardly in a rush to sell and he’s tied down on a long deal.

You’d imagine at minimum we’d get 1.5m + 15% sell on

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Interested to see if he becomes first choice or if he's only here as backup.

I'd imagine he'd get a chance to play at some point, as good as Stryjek is, he's prone to the odd howler, just depends how much he has in the bank whether Martindale will forgive him or not.

Interesting to see us talk about there being interest in Stryjek. With him signed up to 2025 (that’s assuming we use the one year extension which I imagine we would) we’re in a great position to demand a good fee for him. 

Have no idea what a sensible deal would even be for us but he’s only 26 in the summer. Would it be crazy to think of a fee similar, or even better than we got for Dykes? If he keeps up his good form I imagine we’ll be in a good spot to demand at least that + a good sell on. We’re hardly in a rush to sell and he’s tied down on a long deal.

No chance we will get 1.5m for Max.

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Max is nowhere near good enough to command a fee that high. We'd be insane to turn down 500k, and if we were offered 300k I expect we'd take it.