Livingston - all the threads merged

10 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

These folk show no measure with their criticism and list off all their demands following a defeat but then brazenly act like they hadn't as soon as the next victory comes. I don't think this site is bad for it but my brother tells me there's a Livi fans' Facebook group where it can get ridiculous.

Yeah theres some properly mental takes on the Livi Fans Forum facebook page. I get being critical of the performances because they were really poor at times but there have been some overarching reasons for the poor start to the season

11 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

These folk show no measure with their criticism and list off all their demands following a defeat but then brazenly act like they hadn't as soon as the next victory comes. I don't think this site is bad for it but my brother tells me there's a Livi fans' Facebook group where it can get ridiculous.

Aye the FB forum is mad after a defeat, or even when we go behind, FAF when we come back and win though, reading through the comments.

The resident nae sayer on here has fecked off into hiding the past few results, complete belter of a poster.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The resident nae sayer on here has fecked off into hiding the past few results, complete belter of a poster.

I'm probably alone on this but I ended up finding him funny. 1 out of 10 was his default rating for every player. If in doubt, 1 out of 10!

11 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

RE - John Hughes. There were rumours that we were bringing him in as a part time coach.

Think thats where that came from.

Can you imagine how loud a dugout would be with him and Martindale in it? Even Bartley is stepping up to it now :D 

On 31/10/2021 at 13:00, Durnford said:

Cant believe anyone was suggesting John Hughes - he's not the solution whatever the problem was.

Yogi to be appointed 'passun the baw' coach.  I suppose he does have unfinished business as he never did get us playing the Barcelona football that he was trying to implement 🙈😂

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder who's next up for their extension, Sibbald? I've got a bit of the fear over Forrest's contract. Martindale is doing the same thing he did with Byrne when he stalled on his contract. It would explain why Forrest rarely starts and only comes off the bench despite being one of our better players. I imagine there's an agent fannying around in the background of all this which is a shame as if Forrest kicked on a bit he could be class and maybe get a decent move elsewhere down south.

Other than that though Martindale has said he's identified a few targets for January. We'll be after a backup goalkeeper, possibly a CB and beyond that I don't see where we need much coming in. Unless someone is away at least. You could possibly throw the need in for a winger but even then whoever comes in needs to be better than what we have. 

Nouble coming back means we've got good depth up front with him, Anderson and Panayiotou. Hamilton could do with another loan out, and I imagine we could all see it being Arbroath. Could even see Martindale using Nouble at LW in the Montano role as that weird wide target man role.

Edited by ATLIS

Wonder who's next up for their extension, Sibbald? I've got a bit of the fear over Forrest's contract. Martindale is doing the same thing he did with Byrne when he stalled on his contract. It would explain why Forrest rarely starts and only comes off the bench despite being one of our better players. I imagine there's an agent fannying around in the background of all this which is a shame as if Forrest kicked on a bit he could be class and maybe get a decent move elsewhere down south.

Other than that though Martindale has said he's identified a few targets for January. We'll be after a backup goalkeeper, possibly a CB and beyond that I don't see where we need much coming in. Unless someone is away at least. You could possibly throw the need in for a winger but even then whoever comes in needs to be better than what we have. 

Nouble coming back means we've got good depth up front with him, Anderson and Panayiotou. Hamilton could do with another loan out, and I imagine we could all see it being Arbroath. Could even see Martindale using Nouble at LW in the Montano role as that weird wide target man role.

Nouble does his best work out wide, facing up to the full backs, so that would make sense. Mentioned on the championship forum that Nouble & Hamilton would be unstoppable in our league, despite McKenna’s great goalscoring form we lack an out and out striker. Had heard Panayiotou’s name mentioned in regards to replacing Nouble but looks like he’s getting more of a chance now.

Nouble does his best work out wide, facing up to the full backs, so that would make sense. Mentioned on the championship forum that Nouble & Hamilton would be unstoppable in our league, despite McKenna’s great goalscoring form we lack an out and out striker. Had heard Panayiotou’s name mentioned in regards to replacing Nouble but looks like he’s getting more of a chance now.
I'm almost positive Hamilton will be on his way to Arbroath in January

I wonder if we'll end up going back to Liverpool for a loan or two. Can see Lewis having his loan cut short with his injury. There was a bit of a thing made about a link up/partnership with Liverpool/EPL club in the summer. 
My understanding is that Davie has good connections at Everton too

7 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
I wonder if we'll end up going back to Liverpool for a loan or two. Can see Lewis having his loan cut short with his injury. There was a bit of a thing made about a link up/partnership with Liverpool/EPL club in the summer. 

My understanding is that Davie has good connections at Everton too

Can see a GK coming in from one of those two possibly. Wonder if we'd also be looking at anyone on a precontract in January as well. Not entirely sure if anyone's standing out in the Championship that's realistic.

Had a look myself:

Jamie Hamilton - CB - Hamilton (would need compensation to be paid)
Reghan Tumilty - RB - Raith
Dom Thomas - RM - Dunfermline
Frankie Musonda - CB - Raith
Zak Rudden - ST - Partick Thistle (probably would need a small compensation fee, 1 and a half years of development)
Andy Winter - ST - Hamitlon (would need compensation to be paid)

Even in the Premiership you've got:

Alex Gogic - CM - Hibs
Craig Halkett - CB - Hearts

Not that I'm saying Gogic or Halkett are realistic but would be lovely surprises if they wanted to try use us to get a bigger move elsewhere. Gogic is out of favour massively at Hibs I think but could easily do a job in at CDM.

Edited by ATLIS

Can see a GK coming in from one of those two possibly. Wonder if we'd also be looking at anyone on a precontract in January as well. Not entirely sure if anyone's standing out in the Championship that's realistic.

Had a look myself:

Jamie Hamilton - CB - Hamilton (would need compensation to be paid)
Reghan Tumilty - RB - Raith
Dom Thomas - RM - Dunfermline
Frankie Musonda - CB - Raith
Zak Rudden - ST - Partick Thistle (probably would need a small compensation fee, 1 and a half years of development)
Andy Winter - ST - Hamitlon (would need compensation to be paid)

Even in the Premiership you've got:

Alex Gogic - CM - Hibs
Craig Halkett - CB - Hearts

Not that I'm saying Gogic or Halkett are realistic but would be lovely surprises if they wanted to try use us to get a bigger move elsewhere. Gogic is out of favour massively at Hibs I think but could easily do a job in at CDM.

Tumilty and Rudden would be good signings for us I think. Jamie Hamilton loves a red card.

In terms of our own players, Sibbs I reckon will be away if he doesn't get back in the team. Pretty sure he's already thought of leaving on more than one occasion.
Forrest I think would stay on for another year.
Hamilton will probably sign a pre contract elsewhere as Davie doesn't rate him highly enough. Same as Pigniatello.
McMillan will also be away.
Mullin to probably cancel his contract too.

These are obviously end of season ones but all can be replaced.
Forrest and Sibbs for me are the main priorities.