Livingston - all the threads merged

Are any of our left sided defensive players that good, Jacko is looking the best option from a poor bunch.

Penrice is better going forward than defending, same with Kelly, Montano isn't looking great, i would quite happily let Lewis and Williamson go back to their parent clubs in January. We signed a whole host of left sided players and none of them have made that position their own, don't actually see any of them better than Jack McMillan playing there. We're even putting some of them up as left mids and leaving out Forrest from the starting line up, which isn't great either.

I'm going to go against the grain a bit and say Montano has been okay actually. Provides a good pressure point up front and wins a lot in the air, won the header to knock down for Pittman who set up Bailey. Maybe not pretty up there but wins a lot of vital balls.

He's just not a typical type of winger, basically just a defensive winger who plays inroads into CMs

Edited by ATLIS

I'm going to go against the grain a bit and say Montano has been okay actually. Provides a good pressure point up front and wins a lot in the air, won the header to knock down for Pittman who set up Bailey. Maybe not pretty up there but wins a lot of vital balls.

He's just not a typical type of winger, basically just a defensive winger who plays inroads into CMs
Totally agree...heard so many folk slating him but he's brand new to the league and, like Kelly, hasn't played a lot of football. I reckon he'll get better once he settles a bit too

I'd love to agree with you both, but not seeing it. Montano showed flashes of skill in the group stages, but gets caught in possession a lot, and almost cost us a goal on Sat when trying to bring the ball out of defence and lost it. Hope he improves with more time, but would rather have Forrest starting in his place.

21 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I'd agree with this as well. I thought he looked really exciting in the LC groups. Not sure what kind of injury he had but his struggling the past couple weeks could be an after effect of it

Got my wish, Forrest coming in for Montano.
Williamson in for the concussed Omeonga too. Apart from that everyone else is fine.  Don't particularly rate Williamson either, so here's hoping he has a blinder tonight and changes my mind/puts my gas at a peep.
Would have preferred Sibbald for Williamson but it's a decent lineup

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Less than a month ago there were genuinely people wanting Martindale sacked and replaced by John fucking Hughes.....people are funny

John Hughes suggestion has got to be a troll, surely? Very average manager for us.

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

John Hughes suggestion has got to be a troll, surely? Very average manager for us.

there was genuinely Livi fans mentioning his name as a replacement for Martindale. I thought i was hallucinating when i read it

2 clean sheets in the last 4 game, and 3 goals conceded overall, fair play to Fitzwater and Obileye. I don't think most folk had much faith in them after the start of the season but they've developed a fine partnership. Now all they need to do is not slap opponents in the 92nd minute and we'll be laughing

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Less than a month ago there were genuinely people wanting Martindale sacked and replaced by John fucking Hughes.....people are funny

Never saw that, they need a good hard slap to knock that shite into the sea. Can't stand the man, and hated him at Livi

All the no more excuses pish i read too, they were genuine reasons why we were struggling, Covid, illness, and injuries throughout the squad, making it a miracle we were even fielding enough players able to play a game, and some of them really weren't fit to be playing. Anyway, amazing turnaround in results, the last 4 games have been fantastic. I also think there are better performances to come for us yet, and it's looking good for the rest of the season.  

Aye John Hughes is possibly my least favourite Livi managers. Plenty of other weren't up to the job or had to deal with boardroom shenanigans, however his personality and refusal to adapt tactically put him in last place. 

The sight of Andy McNeil chipping the ball to Callum Booth (who had two markers) for 90 minutes against Dunfermline will haunt me for the rest of my life

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Also, just how good a penalty stopper has Stryjek become this season, he was really poor at them last season, but whatever he's been doing to turn that around, he could bottle it and make a fortune.

Not sure if he was injured against Aberdeen in the shootout but he was absolutely hopeless against them. Fair play to him for putting in the hard work as Martindale has said repeatedly.

9 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

let's get Max signed up on a bumper deal. I know he's had a couple of shaky moments but what keeper doesnt? He's been one of the best keepers we've had in a long time

Think it was a 3 year deal he had, so still 2 years left. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

These folk show no measure with their criticism and list off all their demands following a defeat but then brazenly act like they hadn't as soon as the next victory comes. I don't think this site is bad for it but my brother tells me there's a Livi fans' Facebook group where it can get ridiculous.