Livingston - all the threads merged

18 hours ago, Hendo said:

A "good guy" who threatened, intimidated and verbally abused a woman and has a criminal conviction for it.

He has done a lot of good speaking out about racism and that is commendable, but airbrushing his history isnt that helpful. It has surprised me how he has been embraced by the media and football authorities as some sort of equality champion given his past.

FFS.

Mysogyny alive and well in here. What a surprise. Public indecency, serious assault, drug dealing, offences against women, all welcome here because we believe in rehabilitation.

As it happens, so do I, but the first part of rehabilitation is to acknowledge the bad stuff, not pretend it doesnt exist.

Sweep sweep.

I'm not quite sure why you're insinuating that Livingston "pretend it doesnt exist", given that a number of these players have given lengthy interviews about these incidents and the impact on others.

For example, the club website posted numerous articles during Martindale's Fit and Proper Hearing regarding the case and he gave an interview on national TV. I'd say that's acknowledging the bad stuff. 

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Bartley has just been racially abused and he chooses this moment to try and point score on Livingston's recruitment. Can tell he really cares about the woman and women's rights in general.

True, belittling Bartley as "some sort of equality champion" rather than Equality And Diversity Advisor to the SFA says it all. 

23 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'm not quite sure why you're insinuating that Livingston "pretend it doesnt exist", given that a number of these players have given lengthy interviews about these incidents and the impact on others.

For example, the club website posted numerous articles during Martindale's Fit and Proper Hearing regarding the case and he gave an interview on national TV. I'd say that's acknowledging the bad stuff. 

Martindale did. Lithgow didnt. Gallagher gave a pity party interview about how difficult it was in jail. Bartley, as i have said, has to be commended on speaking out about racism, but to my knowledge he has never spoken publicly about the conviction against him.

Its not difficult.

Assaulting people is bad.

Racism is bad.

Fiddling with your bits in public is bad.

Drug dealing is bad.

Threatening women is bad.

Doing a bad thing from the above list doesnt make you a bad person, but taking responsibility for your mistakes is a good thing.

18 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Bartley has just been racially abused and he chooses this moment to try and point score on Livingston's recruitment. Can tell he really cares about the woman and women's rights in general.

Racial abuse is abhorrent. So is threatening women.

12 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

True, belittling Bartley as "some sort of equality champion" rather than Equality And Diversity Advisor to the SFA says it all. 

I presume he only advises male players in his role as his conviction may mean female players could be uncomfortable?

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Mysogyny alive and well in here. What a surprise. Public indecency, serious assault, drug dealing, offences against women, all welcome here because we believe in rehabilitation.

As it happens, so do I, but the first part of rehabilitation is to acknowledge the bad stuff, not pretend it doesnt exist.

Sweep sweep.

f**k off ya clown.

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

I presume he only advises male players in his role as his conviction may mean female players could be uncomfortable?

Why would female players be excluded; there was no sexual content to his fine; a spat, that got out of hand, between ex-lovers is hardly enough to get him put on the sex offenders list.

TBH it seems you're implying that men that end up threatening women is bad but women that do the same to men is okay? That really is sexist IMO.

Edited by Durnford

Hendo's a far right, culture warrior type.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Looks like i've triggered your toxic masculinity

There's his give away.

He's a horrible wee hides-in-the-shadows guy. Ignore his concern trolling. It gives him a kick knowing he is getting people's attention and wasting their time.

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

Looks like i've triggered your toxic masculinity,

You don't half talk shite.

Answer me this, seen as how you ignored being asked if you trolled the Aberdeen, Motherwell and Morton forums with your pretend self righteous pish, did you go straight onto the Hibs forums when this took place, or have you waited all this time just to come onto the Livi one, to try and throw some whataboutery at a guy who's stood up against racism?

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Why would female players be excluded; there was no sexual content to his fine; a spat, that got out of hand, between ex-lovers is hardly enough to get him put on the sex offenders list.

TBH it seems you're implying that men that end up threatening women is bad but women that do the same to men is okay? That really is sexist IMO.

Aye if Marv wasn't at Livi this clown wouldn't even be posting about this. 

8 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Hendo's a far right, culture warrior type.

There's his give away.

He's a horrible wee hides-in-the-shadows guy. Ignore his concern trolling. It gives him a kick knowing he is getting people's attention and wasting their time.

Ah, where to start.

I'm an auld leftie, veteran of the poll tax fight, so calling me right wing for having an anti racist anti mysognist stance is fantastic.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You don't half talk shite.

Answer me this, seen as how you ignored being asked if you trolled the Aberdeen, Motherwell and Morton forums with your pretend self righteous pish, did you go straight onto the Hibs forums when this took place, or have you waited all this time just to come onto the Livi one, to try and throw some whataboutery at a guy who's stood up against racism?

Aye, lets not have a go at super Marv. What right minded person doesnt stand up to racism? You say it like its some sort of badge of honour, when its what anyone should be doing. 

Hendo is over 50.

Hendo thinks Thatcher was good for the country.

Hendo calls people snowflakes.

Hendo is a fanny, don't be like Hendo.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hendo is over 50.

Hendo thinks Thatcher was good for the country.

Hendo calls people snowflakes.

Hendo is a fanny, don't be like Hendo.

😂 Well you got one thing right, and its not my politics. I'm not quite sure how backing anti racism and being against mysogyny is in some way right wing, but perhaps you've just not been paying attention.

10 hours ago, Durnford said:

So using your perverse logic threatening women is bad but threatening men and children doesn't matter presumably.

10 hours ago, Durnford said:

Wow, just wow. This is some logic leap. Red flags all over the place here.