Livingston - all the threads merged

If we’re sticking with the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 then there’s a definite argument that Shinnie, Forrest and even Sibbald are all in front of Mullin for the RW spot in Martindale’s book, based on the evidence so far. Given he didn’t make it on the trip to Spain, then caught Covid, he’s essentially had no pre-season, so would’ve been playing catch up anyway. I’m probably as miffed as most he’s away given he can’t conjure chances out of nothing with his delivery from the wing, and I’m sincerely hoping it’s close to the reasons above as opposed to a fall out or similar. 

We really need a centre half to come in shortly, and a quality one at that.

Efe Ambrose was on a fair wage, hence why he left. Not sure he is the answer either tbh. 

Reading between the lines, it would appear that Mullin has been having a time of it. Injury, new arrival in his family, and then contracting COVID. All of which amounts to him having apparently little to no pre-season. The manager puts fitness above all else, so he wasn’t in all likelihood going to get near the team. 

With any luck he’ll come back in January all guns blazing. 

Its a shame about Josh. On his game he's almost unplayable for about 70% of left backs. 

That being said with his fitness issues, and the other options we have on the books,  his playing time was likely to be limited and I have to respect his decision - even if I don't really like it.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

I absolutely love the fact that everyone here hasnt realised that we are not playing wingers this season emoji1787.png

:whistle

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Must be just me but what has Mullin done for us since the split, in fact prob a bit before that, he's great a set pieces but even that dried up. Hasn't really turned in a decent performance for a while now.

Don't seem to be playing wingers this season though,  it's FB's going up the wings, Penrice, Longridge, McMillan and Devlin being the preferred options,  Montano and Lewis can also play there. I'd still have liked to see Mullin getting a chance, even if it's to see if he could get back taking good set pieces, but suppose he's not had the pre season and cup game time to push for a place, and is being stuck out on loan to Accies to get up to speed fitness wise. Hopefully he'll be back at Livi in Jan, and back at his best.

12 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I see Mihai Popescu has been told to find a new club, around the same time we've got some Mullin wages freed up. 

He was always very good whenever I saw him play...wouldn't be upset if we brought him in...I remember him having a decent amount of pace too

35 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I see Mihai Popescu has been told to find a new club, around the same time we've got some Mullin wages freed up. 

Decent centre half , although can be a bit erratic at times. St Mirren fans would have taken him back in a heartbeat but talks broke down over money I believe. 

With the first home League game tomorrow anyone hear anything about season ticket sales for this season, All I seen was that the club were likely to overtake last seasons which in and of itself isn't telling much as we never seem to know how many [emoji4]
Davie mentioned roughly 750 on the Talk Livi Podcast

Menga being linked with us now, thoughts?
Pure chaos!!! Your fans will love and hate him in equal measure! I loved the big guy. He'll beat 2 guys with skill, another with pace, another with brute strength and then trip over the ball when through on goal. Only scored 2 goals for us but is a bit of a cult hero. His laziness off the park was an issue. Martindale said on one of the podcasts that he came in overweight and was regularly late to training because he'd been up all night playing FIFA. He's no very good at FIFA either, I beat him one night [emoji23]

Hope he can bring great sex to Hamilton

6 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Menga being linked with us now, thoughts?

Hahaha good fucking luck :D Absolute headless chicken, he'll run, and run, and run, and just forget where he is. 

Genuinely the most frantic and random player I've ever seen. Zero composure but if he's running at folk in the Championship it should be an absolute laugh. The most entertaining but annoying player you'll sign, ever. 

I'm pretty sure one of his previous teams actually got him a house next door to the training ground and he'd still turn up late after waking up at 2pm and claimed he didn't own a clock so didn't know when to wake up to come in

Edited by ATLIS

Both of those descriptions oddly make him sound far superior to everything we've got right now.

I hope he does sign and we continue this diddy alliance bromance continuing.

2 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Both of those descriptions oddly make him sound far superior to everything we've got right now.

I hope he does sign and we continue this diddy alliance bromance continuing.

If you haven't seen it, go watch his goal against Hearts for us when we beat them 5-0. It's utterly hilarious, he genuinely will make fans panic when he's on the ball