Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, Accies1 said:
3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
Why the f**k have we loaned Josh Mullin out? That makes zero sense at all

Take it he's decent then?

His crossing and dead ball work is tremendous....not many better outside of the OF. His work rate wasn't the greatest but could land a ball on a sixpence for 30 yards

Saw this one coming with his lack of game time. Still a bad call, in my opinion, given Kabia is out for a period of time. 

Sibbald/Pittman will hopefully shift to being a right-wing option which will at least free up a space in the ridiculous centre-mid options and allow us to bring in a centre-back.

Goalkeepers
1. Daniel Barden - 2022 (Loan)
32. Max Stryjek - 2023

Defenders
2. Nicky Devlin - 2023
3. Jackson Longridge - 2023
4. Tom Parkes - 2022
5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. Ayo Obileye - 2023 (1 year extension option)
21. Jack McMillan - 2022
24. Sean Kelly - 2022

Midfielders
7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022
8. Scott Pittman - 2023
10. Craig Sibbald - 2022
12. Ben Williamson - 2022 (Loan)
16. Adam Lewis - 2022 (Loan)
18. Jason Holt - 2023
29. James Penrice - 2024
33. Stephane Omeonga - 2023
40. Marvin Bartley - 2022

Forwards
9. Bruce Anderson - 2024
11. Cristian Montano - 2023 (1 year extension option)
14. Odin Bailey - 2022 (Loan)
15. Harrison Panayiotou - 2023 (1 year extension option)
17. Alan Forrest - 2022
22. Andrew Shinnie - 2023
23. Jack Hamilton - 2022
37. Jaze Kabia - 2023

In
Bruce Anderson - Aberdeen
Odin Bailey - Birmingham City (Loan)
Daniel Barden - Norwich City (Loan)
Harrison Clark - Chester-Le-Street United
Sean Kelly - Falkirk
Adam Lewis - Liverpool (Loan)
Cristian Montano - Port Vale
Joel Nouble - Aldershot Town
Stephane Omeonga - Pescara
Ayo Obileye - Queen of the South
Harrison Panayiotou - Aldershot Town
Tom Parkes - Exeter City
James Penrice - Partick Thistle
Andrew Shinnie - Charlton Athletic
Ben Williamson - Rangers (Loan)

Loans Out
Harrison Clark - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2023
Josh Mullin - Hamilton - Contract Expiry 2023
Joel Nouble - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2023 (1 year extension option)
Carlo Pignatiello - Dumbarton - Contract Expiry 2022 (?)
Matej Poplatnik - Raith Rovers - Contract Expiry 2022 (1 year extension option)
Gavin Reilly - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2022
Brian Schwake - Edinburgh City - Contract Expiry 2023

Left Club
Efe Ambrose - St. Johnstone
Raffaele De Vita - LVPA Frascati
Djibril Diani - Grasshoppers (Loan return)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Aberdeen
Jon Guthrie - Northampton Town
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Airdrieonians
Steve Lawson
Alan Lithgow - Greenock Morton
Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan return)
Scott Robinson - Kilmarnock
Julien Serrano - Monaco (Loan return)
Ross Stewart - Hearts
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Scott Tiffoney - Partick Thistle

Edited by EdinburghLivi

7 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Saw this one coming with his lack of game time. Still a bad call, in my opinion, given Kabia is out for a period of time. 

Sibbald/Pittman will hopefully shift to being a right-wing option which will at least free up a space in the ridiculous centre-mid options and allow us to bring in a centre-back.

Neither of those two are a winger, they'd be absolutely useless out wide. This is a stinker of a decision from Martindale, he's really got it wrong. Understandably he needs to free up money for a CB but why sign Sean fucking Kelly then? 

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

What the f**k?

The only thing that'll stop me losing the head about this is if we've got an absolutely class defender coming in.

f**k it, Katic on loan from Rangers :D I'm sure they need him to regain fitness

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

From the outside looking in, you seem to have had an unnecessarily large turnover of your squad this Summer.

To be fair, from the below only Guthrie was a long term starter. Efe, Lawson, Lithgow, De Vita, Kouider-Aissa, McCrorie, Robinson, ATS, Stewart and Tiffoney weren't good enough and barely played. 

Diani's work permit fucked him and only got to play about 3 games, JET was only fully fit for 2 or 3 games and then was off, Serrano was decent but not far better than Longridge. 

11 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Left Club
Efe Ambrose
Raffaele De Vita
Djibril Diani - Grasshoppers (Loan return)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Aberdeen
Jon Guthrie - Northampton Town
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Airdrieonians
Steve Lawson
Alan Lithgow - Greenock Morton
Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan return)
Scott Robinson - Kilmarnock
Julien Serrano - Monaco (Loan return)
Ross Stewart - Hearts
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Scott Tiffoney - Partick Thistle

Mullin is probably in the same bracket as Guthrie is/was in being a fairly reliable first team starter week in/out. However, I'm imagining that Martindale sees Shinnie as our first choice RW option and Kabia being his back up (which would be fine if he wasn't just ruled out for up to 12 weeks).

Must be just me but what has Mullin done for us since the split, in fact prob a bit before that, he's great a set pieces but even that dried up. Hasn't really turned in a decent performance for a while now.

Don't seem to be playing wingers this season though,  it's FB's going up the wings, Penrice, Longridge, McMillan and Devlin being the preferred options,  Montano and Lewis can also play there. I'd still have liked to see Mullin getting a chance, even if it's to see if he could get back taking good set pieces, but suppose he's not had the pre season and cup game time to push for a place, and is being stuck out on loan to Accies to get up to speed fitness wise. Hopefully he'll be back at Livi in Jan, and back at his best.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Must be just me but what has Mullin done for us since the split, in fact prob a bit before that, he's great a set pieces but even that dried up. Hasn't really turned in a decent performance for a while now.

Don't seem to be playing wingers this season though,  it's FB's going up the wings, Penrice, Longridge, McMillan and Devlin being the preferred options,  Montano and Lewis can also play there. I'd still have liked to see Mullin getting a chance, even if it's to see if he could get back taking good set pieces, but suppose he's not had the pre season and cup game time to push for a place, and is being stuck out on loan to Accies to get up to speed fitness wise. Hopefully he'll be back at Livi in Jan, and back at his best.

I did think his energy levels weren't anywhere near the rest of the squad. His deliveries speak for themselves but I found myself more annoyed at him walking around the park when Pittman, Sibbald etc were knocking their pans in. I'd imagine Forrest will play more on the right this season now

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

From the outside looking in, you seem to have had an unnecessarily large turnover of your squad this Summer.

Your club are the perfect template for clubs like Livi who gain promotion then set about trying to establish themselves as a top tier club. St Johnstone were the last club to achieve this. All other promoted clubs have been relegated again after a few seasons to remain as yo-yo clubs. With one of them, Partick, I felt Alan Archibald's loyalty to the same core of players partly caused their downfall. Maybe Martindale is eager not to fall into that trap.

The gradual evolution of playing squad from the McInnes to the Wright era and now to Callum Davidson has been perfectly managed at St Johnstone. I think Livi's smaller budget than St Johnstone's at the comparable stages might've meant holding onto players was slightly harder for Livi than it had been for St Johnstone. That has forced some of the turnover.

Incidentally, Livi signed Sibbald upon promotion similar to how St Johnstone signed Murray Davidson when they were promoted. My hope is Sibbald can go on to become a mainstay in the top tier for us how M. Davidson has been for St Johnstone. (I'm always looking for these hopeful parallels between Livi and St Johnstone, so impressed am I with what St Johnstone have done!).

I'd be very happy if Sibbald became a mainstay, he's probably our only genuine playmaker.

Pittman has been fantastic for us, however the tactical role and sheer volume of running he does often seems to take away from his playmaking output. It's probably why Sibbald took so long to stay in the team, and then on the pitch after 60 minutes.

Edited by The Wrong Car

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Neither of those two are a winger, they'd be absolutely useless out wide. This is a stinker of a decision from Martindale, he's really got it wrong. Understandably he needs to free up money for a CB but why sign Sean fucking Kelly then? 

Those are two bewildering moves.  I’d have Mullin back in a heartbeat. 

Watch the solution to all this end up being us just signing Efe again...
Genuinely don't know why we let him go....experienced and fairly solid. As much as it was heart in mouth watching him I only remember one bad mistake and that was against rangers.

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:
20 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
Watch the solution to all this end up being us just signing Efe again...

Genuinely don't know why we let him go....experienced and fairly solid. As much as it was heart in mouth watching him I only remember one bad mistake and that was against rangers.

He was never fit though and could barely play the number of games we'd need. I think his age was starting to get the better of him.

How long until Livi fans start getting a bit pissy with Martindale then? A lot of ill will built up today with Mullin leaving on loan, can only imagine if we're on the wrong end of a spanking things will get a bit angry. 

Martindale ideally needs to pull 2 great signings out his arse, a CB and a RW. Possible that we wont need a RW and we play Forrest/Kabia/Shinnie there but I've got a feeling things are starting to turn a wee bit sour. 

I'd like to think Martindale's got an almost infinite amount of goodwill behind him, but we've got a few roasters in our support.

Mullin is definitely a weird one from the outside, but we don't know the details and I trust that the right decision has been made for the right reasons.

A CB is a must-have now though. I'd be delighted to have Efe back to be honest, not sure why we let him go