Livingston - all the threads merged

14 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Announced as Head of Academy and First Team Coach. 

Absolutely over the moon that the club is making a renewed commitment to bringing through young players again. Privilege of being in the top league. Decent level of coach to get in too, Hamilton's youth set up is really well regarded to a bit of a coup for us

Edited by ATLIS

Yep, I jumped the gun. I imagine he will be de facto assistant.

I always felt like Dougie Imrie was one that got away during his playing days. Exciting that he is the one helping to get the academy back under way.

29 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I always felt like Dougie Imrie was one that got away during his playing days. Exciting that he is the one helping to get the academy back under way.

I hear what you’re saying. Sounds like he’s done very well since retiring.  I’ll tell you what though, I utterly detested him as a player. 

He won't be the assistant. His first priority is his role with the new Youth Setup and first team coach is secondary.

We are still to appoint an assistant.

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Rumours abound that Thomas Robert is soon to be unveiled at Livi,   have you guys heard anything....

News to me...thought the likes of Celtic were interested earlier in the year.

22 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Rumours abound that Thomas Robert is soon to be unveiled at Livi,   have you guys heard anything....

Would be decent, last we'd heard we were close to signing a left sided player on loan, two CBs and a GK on loan. So none of those would really fit

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/marvin-bartley-to-become-livingston-fc-assistant-manager/ 

Bartley new assistant. Hoping he does actually concentrate on that rather than trying to balance it with playing every week. 

And guest appearing on Sportscene.

If we manage to get Diani signed up then it's perfect for Marv to step back from playing, Obileye may even take over from him, always a decent option if we get injuries or suspensions for that position though.

20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

And guest appearing on Sportscene.

If we manage to get Diani signed up then it's perfect for Marv to step back from playing, Obileye may even take over from him, always a decent option if we get injuries or suspensions for that position though.

Wouldn't say Diani would be a direct replacement for Bartley. More likely to be an upgrade (based on the very little I've seen) on what Holt was trying to do. Holt could then potentially buzz around the park like Bartley.

He was good last year as a attacking LB, chipping in with a few goals. This season however he's been fairly poor, reserved going forward and played more as a CB (which isn't his strength) 

Should be a good signing overall, this season has been tough for some as we've had a larger squad and no reserve football so he had few opportunities 

Daily Record linking us to Aaron Taylor-Sinclair. Going to guess he's dropped down the pecking order before being released by you guys...is he any decent? 
He's decent, can play CB but probably at his best at LB. Has a decent delivery on him and a reasonable turn of pace. Fell behind Serrano, Brown and Longridge this season. He won't do much fancy but he'll do the simple things pretty well. Lethal from 2 yards too [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Daily Record linking us to Aaron Taylor-Sinclair. Going to guess he's dropped down the pecking order before being released by you guys...is he any decent? 

In all honesty, he's the most average player imaginable. Would be a reliably okay mid table Championship player if he stays fit

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Never had any worries with him playing at LB, but there were 4 players ahead of him this season, and he ended up getting the odd CB appearance, where he def was a worry. Think he'd be a decent signing for you.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

He's decent, can play CB but probably at his best at LB. Has a decent delivery on him and a reasonable turn of pace. Fell behind Serrano, Brown and Longridge this season. He won't do much fancy but he'll do the simple things pretty well. Lethal from 2 yards too emoji23.png

Would add McMillan to that list, in fact Lawson even got played at LB over him this season, so really dropped right out of contention for a place at LB. Wish more of our players got in at the back post for 2 yard tap ins, the amount of times we could've scored a goal from that area but nae bugger made the effort to get there.