Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Liam Fox and Tony Caig both left the club. 

Every goalkeeper we've had has given Caig heaps of praise for how he's helped them improve, hoping we can get a decent replacement for him. 

Hmmm... we need a manager and goalkeeping coach...

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Hmmm... we need a manager and goalkeeping coach...

Announcement does say "Foxy moves on to pastures new, with an opportunity to progress his coaching career elsewhere."

Funnily enough my first thought was being offered a managers job somewhere. 

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Announcement does say "Foxy moves on to pastures new, with an opportunity to progress his coaching career elsewhere."

Funnily enough my first thought was being offered a managers job somewhere. 

Any comments on how you think he will do? Good prospect? Strong minded? Will he be able to attract decent players? Playing style?

15 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Every goalkeeper we've had has given Caig heaps of praise for how he's helped them improve, hoping we can get a decent replacement for him. 

Caig apparently rated Ross Stewart and Robby McCrorie so I've been a bit sceptical as to how good he is. 

2 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

I have no idea on this but does the fact that Whitmore had already played 50+ games in the UK prior to joining Livi matter at all?

Probably, aye. It can happen where a big club manages to get the foreign player in with a work permit initially then once he's in, subsequent work permits seem to be easier to achieve. An example would be Efe Ambrose who Celtic were able to get a work permit for then Hibs were later able to pick him up. The problem with that for Livi though is that the main benefit of foreign players to us was their lower wage demands. If they've already played for a UK club then their wages will likely have already adjusted to UK levels making them no cheaper than a domestic player at that point.

Sounds like we knew Fox and Caig would be off a number of weeks ago; possibly adds in to the general malaise around our performances in the last few months?

Sounds like there’s also been interviews for both positions already, so interesting to see who will come in. 

Never a dull moment. 😄