Livingston - all the threads merged

25 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

He looked impressive in periods last summer, I'd be delighted with that signing. Surprised he's not looking at a bigger club than us to be honest

Callachan has already been at and let go by Hearts and Saints for a lack of technical ability. Lower end Prem/Higher end Championship is his level, if he’s used correctly. 

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/player-departures/

Returning/Returned to Parent Club

Ciaron Brown
Djibril Diani
Robby McCrorie
Julien Serrano

Released

Efe Ambrose
Raffaele De Vita
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Steve Lawson
Alan Lithgow
Scott Robinson
Ross Stewart
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Scott Tiffoney (Terms Offered)

Transfer Listed

Jon Guthrie – Has asked to be placed on the transfer list due to family reasons.

Looks like we've offered Tiffoney a deal purely for the development fee, no other reason he'd be listed as released but terms offered. Guthrie will be a big miss but can understand. 

Time was right for De Vita and Lithgow to move on - would’ve been afforded barely any playing time here, and deserve to be playing each week. Massive players for us during an amazing time for the club, I’m sure the club will organise something when fans are back in.

Gutted about Guthrie. He’s not been at his best for parts of the season but he’s by far and away the best centre half we had. Sounds like he is away back down south, so a crumb of comfort that we’ll likely not see him up against us next season. 

Our transfer business will definitely need to focus on the defence, agreed. 

Martindale mentioned 15/16 players leaving so I imagine a few the other contracted players will go as well.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

14 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Guthrie is a surprise and a shame. Good luck to him. Ayo/Fitz CB pairing next year? Even with McMillan in as backup, we're going to need possibly 2 more.

Sounded like Obileye was signed as a holding midfielder. Not exactly rave reviews at centre half from Queens fans, but certainly an option aye. 

Definitely agree we need another two in. If we get it right, think we’ll be fine next season, but get it wrong and it could be a right old slog. 

Absolutely gutted to see some of the longer serving players leave, however the time was probably right. Hopefully get a chance for a decent send-off in the future. 

Interesting not to see mention of Poplatnik leaving. Was excited about him and showed early promise, done hee-haw in recent performances though. 

If we can get Anderson and Callaghan in along with one of two at the back then im not too worried. Guthrie obviously will be a big miss, but hes not been anything like the player of last season. 

It's been said already, but aye, Guthrie leaving is a huge blow. Hope the lad gets a move to a team who better suit his familial circumstances.

Would be chuffed with Anderson coming in (and delighted at the prospect of Callachan), but I am slightly concerned that once again we seem to be eyeing up attacking players whilst being very light at the back. We'll see all in good time I suppose.

51 minutes ago, Afro said:

Sounded like Obileye was signed as a holding midfielder. Not exactly rave reviews at centre half from Queens fans, but certainly an option aye. 

Definitely agree we need another two in. If we get it right, think we’ll be fine next season, but get it wrong and it could be a right old slog. 

I remember Guthrie didn't get rave reviews before joining us too. Doubt we gave Accies fans rave reviews about Odoffin either and he turned out to be a really good player for them, most interceptions in the Premiership this season too. Just depends how Obileye fits in defensively, with the players around him really, could be just as good as Guthrie and Halkett at Livi. Should fill the goal gap left by Guthrie anyway,  which is a positive in itself.

Think we were after a Raith player too weren't we?

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/player-departures/

Returning/Returned to Parent Club

Ciaron Brown-Big loss but was already gone for half the season.
Djibril Diani-Looked like he could've been a decent player for us.
Robby McCrorie-Divided opinion, most of us chose Stryjek over him though so no loss imo.
Julien Serrano-Good player but Jacko has already replaced him, and we've also just signed Montano.

Released

Efe Ambrose-Fell out of the team a while ago.
Raffaele De Vita-Didn't feature this season.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas-Slowly became one of our best players, big loss.
Steve Lawson-Inconsistent, and didn't really feature much this season.
Alan Lithgow-Didn't feature much this season.
Scott Robinson-Took the huff, still a big loss though, esp when JET filled that role and is leaving too.
Ross Stewart-No loss at all.
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair-Didn't feature much, we'll hardly notice he's away.
Scott Tiffoney (Terms Offered)-Went out on loan, may have come back a better player but not one we'll miss.

Transfer Listed

Jon Guthrie – Has asked to be placed on the transfer list due to family reasons.-Not his best season but still a big loss.

Looks like we've offered Tiffoney a deal purely for the development fee, no other reason he'd be listed as released but terms offered. Guthrie will be a big miss but can understand. 

Out of that list i think we'll only have 4 players we'll really miss, and 2 of those filled the same role, so 3 new signings would cover it. Obv we'll still need some more for cover etc, but imo 3 good signings would do for replacing first choice starters. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Bartley posting this as well sounds a little bit ominous... 

C72D5189-E6A1-46CD-A203-9C70513D08B3.jpeg

Think you're reading too much into that. 

That's JET signed for Aberdeen. Seemingly a transfer rather than him being a free agent based on their website statement.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/05/18/aberdeen-sign-striker-jay-emmanuel-thomas/ 

41 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
3 hours ago, ATLIS said:
C72D5189-E6A1-46CD-A203-9C70513D08B3.thumb.jpeg.3fae151b554802462dfbcd07188ed90d.jpeg

Been offered a coaching position at Celtic I'm hearing.

Can’t see it, they haven’t even got a manager in yet so I doubt they’d build a back room staff. If anything I can see him taking up a position in the SFA

Edited by ATLIS

8 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
3 hours ago, ATLIS said:
C72D5189-E6A1-46CD-A203-9C70513D08B3.thumb.jpeg.3fae151b554802462dfbcd07188ed90d.jpeg

Been offered a coaching position at Celtic I'm hearing.

ATLIS maybe not looking too much into it then lol

Would make a lot of sense with his relationship with Eddie Howe. Also would explain Martindale's comments regarding interest in his 'players and coaching staff'.

Can’t see it, they haven’t even got a manager in yet so I doubt they’d build a back room staff. If anything I can see him taking up a position in the SFA l
He's got a very good relationship with Eddie Howe who wants his coaching team agreed before he takes the job supposedly.

27 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
34 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
Can’t see it, they haven’t even got a manager in yet so I doubt they’d build a back room staff. If anything I can see him taking up a position in the SFA l

He's got a very good relationship with Eddie Howe who wants his coaching team agreed before he takes the job supposedly.

Yeah true that would actually make a lot of sense then. Had forgotten about that link between them, and partly forgot Howe was in about the job :D 

Yeah true that would actually make a lot of sense then. Had forgotten about that link between them, and partly forgot Howe was in about the job [emoji3] 
Possibly explains why Devlin captained the side recently. The club knew Guthrie wasn't going to be here and potentially Marv. Nailed on that Nicky is club captain next season.