Livingston - all the threads merged

40 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
41 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
Yeah with us starting Diani in our last 2 matches, i was hoping he'd be getting signed properly for next season. Pisser if Brexit has fecked it for us signing foreign players outside of the UK. Dunno how signing a Columbian who's playing in England makes it ok to sign a foreign player though, but it must do.

Christian Montana has spent the majority of his life in England

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Montano has settled status I'm sure, so by law is a British citizen whereas Diani isn't. It's basically like having the right to work in another country through residency. I think Montano came over and joined West Ham's youth academy at about 14

Does that cover Stryjek too, bloody hope so.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Does that cover Stryjek too, bloody hope so.

I think so, as far as I know players who were here pre-Brexit get a special settled status for 5 years*

*Based on my FM knowledge which might not actually be accurate :D 

Edited by ATLIS

Let's get to the point, this lot are getting worse every week, you can't let this continue into next season, the system, and about 60% of the players are not good enough.
The tactics today were never going to get you a goal, far less a win, Jet the best player again for Livi was everywhere  with no support from a stale midfield ,Bartley,Pittman,Kabia,Poplatnik would've been better sitting in the stand, that's how bad they were
The defence today were solid enough, probably down to ST.Johnstone lacking up front

The only players worth keeping  Stryjek,Guthrie,Diani,Jet,Sibbald,Forrest,Devlin,Fizzywater(mabybe midfield) and McMillan.
The rest wouldn't be missed, should be out the door along with Martindale, if you want to stay loyal and keep the same faces and tactics, the Championship will be calling the end of next season.

Few folk wanting Martindale gone just based on his comments about finishing 6th alone :D ffs. Facebook group is absolutely mental.

It's annoying what he's said, but it's only annoying due to timing. He's said it without giving fans time to process the way the season ended

Devlin sweeping the board with Fans, Players, Coaches, and Directors PoTY, Sibbs runner up, sounds about right, that's how i voted too. Congrats Nicky.:cheers

JET getting our goal of the season against Accies, no surprise there, was a belter. ⚽

Fitzwater getting a few YPoTY awards and Serrano voted PoTY by the fans, think McMillan came third. Well done to both of them.:cheers

1 minute ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'm surprised Sibbald didn't get at least one award, I'd say he's been our most consistent player

Dunno, i think we missed Devlin more in our final game than Sibbs, he does a power of work getting down the wing, and we really lacked anyone doing that against St Johnstone. As much as his final ball does my nut in, he's notched up a few great assists, JET's goal of the season being one of them.

29 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno, i think we missed Devlin more in our final game than Sibbs, he does a power of work getting down the wing, and we really lacked anyone doing that against St Johnstone. As much as his final ball does my nut in, he's notched up a few great assists, JET's goal of the season being one of them.

I'd agree that Devlin's been good, however I wouldn't say he deserves a clean sweep of all the awards

4 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'd agree that Devlin's been good, however I wouldn't say he deserves a clean sweep of all the awards

Yeah Sibbs has been good and maybe deserves one of the awards, but pretty conclusive when the fans, players, and coaches all voted Devlin. Can't really argue with that.

34 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

So the rumour is Bruce Anderson in, swap deal for JET. That'd be a decent deal for us surely, a player that'd cost 200-300k in compensation otherwise

Surprised at JET staying in Scotland, even if it will be for more money with Aberdeen, he'd make a lot more in Asia. Unless nothing has come from there for him, or the covid situation is still making it unpredictable to play there. Good deal for us if this happens though, we were losing him anyway, and Aberdeen aren't exactly a rival for us, they'll be in the top 4 regardless.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Surprised at JET staying in Scotland, even if it will be for more money with Aberdeen, he'd make a lot more in Asia. Unless nothing has come from there for him, or the covid situation is still making it unpredictable to play there. Good deal for us if this happens though, we were losing him anyway, and Aberdeen aren't exactly a rival for us, they'll be in the top 4 regardless.

Reckon it's maybe the pull of being close(r) to home that's getting him after the pandemic. Maybe Aberdeen are chucking money at him as well. 

If it happens it's a brilliant deal for us, I reckon Bruce Anderson has a big future. Him and Hamilton playing together could be tasty

JET took a bloody age to get fit, but looked dynamite when he got there. Probably the only player post-League Cup final who you could say had a good end to the season. In saying that, quite obvious we’d never be able to offer anything close to what he’d be looking for in a typical season, so getting Anderson in would be a great deal IMO. 

Seems you're after Ross Callachan. I reckon it would be a good fit.
I was always impressed when I saw him. I'm sure he caused us problems before. Did he work well with Anderson? Seems we're after him too

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Seems you're after Ross Callachan. I reckon it would be a good fit.

He looked impressive in periods last summer, I'd be delighted with that signing. Surprised he's not looking at a bigger club than us to be honest

Anderson dropped off when Ogkmpoe got injured. He had to do much more work deeper and didn't have anyone capable of making something of hopeless punts up the park. Good footballer though, but his decision making as soon as he gets a sniff of goal is questionable.