Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Martindale says we're letting approximately 15 players go, we'll hear about it early next week.

Probables are:

Alan Lithgow
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Scott Robinson
Scott Tiffoney
Raffaele De Vita
Efe Ambrose
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair 
Steve Lawson 
Robby McCrorie
Julien Serrano
Ross Stewart 

Who else? Pignatiello? Reilly, SAL, Matej? Diani?

Sounded like Pignatiello would be staying. Think I'm right in saying Reilly, Poplatnik and SKA are contracted until 2022. I don't think any of those four will make the grade should they stay, but that's another discussion altogether.

Out of the out-of-contract list, only one I'd be gutted to see go based on current form is JET. Sincerely hope he goes to the Far East instead of up to Aberdeen.

Lithgow, Robinson and RDV, I'll be sad to see go based on past exploits but they're either past it at this level (Al, De Vita) or have burned their bridges (Robbo).

The rest - meh.

Big summer ahead for Martindale. Recruitment has generally been relatively incredible under him but he has had about a million attempts at signing a capable striker in the Premiership for us and only Dykes has worked out. 

If we're going back to a back 3 i reckon Lithgow can still do a job there, certainly more confidence in him than Fitzwater, who has been far too inconsistent this season.

Poplatnik stays injury free and has a pre season under his belt and he'd be a decent option up front, but a fairly reliable source on all things Poplatnik says he's away at the end of the season. Not seen enough of Reilly to decide one way or another. But we could still do with another striker, unless Hamilton has a blinding season for us (fingers crossed he does).

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Poplatnik stays injury free and has a pre season under his belt and he'd be a decent option up front, but a fairly reliable source on all things Poplatnik says he's away at the end of the season. Not seen enough of Reilly to decide one way or another. But we could still do with another striker, unless Hamilton has a blinding season for us (fingers crossed he does).

Is that on the facebook page?

2 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Martindale says we're letting approximately 15 players go, we'll hear about it early next week.

Probables are:

Alan Lithgow
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Scott Robinson
Scott Tiffoney
Raffaele De Vita
Efe Ambrose
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair 
Steve Lawson 
Robby McCrorie
Julien Serrano
Ross Stewart 

Who else? Pignatiello? Reilly, SAL, Matej? Diani?

I imagine everyone out of contract and on loan could be getting punted?

1. Serrano 
2. Robinson
3. Ambrose
4. McCrorie
5. Diani
6. JET
7. Lithgow
8. Taylor-Sinclair
9. Lawson
10. Maley
11. De Vita
12. Stewart 
13. Tiffoney

Next two is a bit of guesswork

14. SKA maybe gets let go? Poplatnik being linked away too?
15. Maybe we end up getting a bid in for someone like Sibbald/Guthrie/Stryjek and have to let them go to make ends meet. Even Forrest could go as we've brought in another LW in Montano.

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Is that on the facebook page?

On the Livi Room forum you created, boy on there always bigging Poplatnik up and seems to know everything about him, telling us stuff before it's public knowledge, things happening in training etc.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

On the Livi Room forum you created, boy on there always bigging Poplatnik up and seems to know everything about him, telling us stuff before it's public knowledge, things happening in training etc.

He says League 1/2 clubs down south are 'chasing' him. Based on what, he's done virtually nothing for us all season :D We'd also be due a fee for him. I can maybe see him going but would be weird to get a fee for him

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

1. Serrano 
2. Robinson
3. Ambrose
4. McCrorie
5. Diani
6. JET
7. Lithgow
8. Taylor-Sinclair
9. Lawson
10. Maley
11. De Vita
12. Stewart 
13. Tiffoney

15. Maybe we end up getting a bid in for someone like Sibbald/Guthrie/Stryjek and have to let them go to make ends meet. Even Forrest could go as we've brought in another LW in Montano.

Quite hopeful we're signing Diani, looked good against Sevco, big long legs getting in winning the ball, and was all over the pitch pressing. The fact we're playing him suggests we're keeping him anyway, or why bother? Longridge has taken Serrano's place, as Serrano will be away back to Monaco, but Diani is getting picked to start.

1. Serrano 
2. Robinson
3. Ambrose
4. McCrorie
5. Diani
6. JET
7. Lithgow
8. Taylor-Sinclair
9. Lawson
10. Maley
11. De Vita
12. Stewart 
13. Tiffoney

I'm wondering if maybe Sal will be released an rejoin Queens Park. Would like to see us keep Tiffoney and Jet from that list but sounds like Jet is away

If as suggested we're letting 15 go we are going to be threadbare.I had heard we were cutting our squad which concerns me at the amount.Davie is gonna have some job in getting suitable replacements although I realise two have been signed already.As usual,after tomorrow the rumour mill will swing into full effect.I await with baited breath.🤷‍♂️🤔.

4 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

If as suggested we're letting 15 go we are going to be threadbare.I had heard we were cutting our squad which concerns me at the amount.Davie is gonna have some job in getting suitable replacements although I realise two have been signed already.As usual,after tomorrow the rumour mill will swing into full effect.I await with baited breath.🤷‍♂️🤔.

Reckon we'll see some news regarding releases pretty soon into next week. Maybe, hopefully a few players in next week as well if we really are getting the business done early.

I think we had one of the biggest squads in the league this year, so not a surprise we'll be cutting it down. I reckon we only need a squad of 23/24 rather than 30+

Martindale saying Tiffoney likely to sign with Partick Thistle after compensation is paid. Other clubs also interested.
Quite disappointed with that...thought he'd do a job for us. Good luck to the lad

27 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Martindale saying Tiffoney likely to sign with Partick Thistle after compensation is paid. Other clubs also interested.

Hopefully the compensation is Penrice coming the other way as he's out of contract as well 👀 

Just mucking about with wingers and this is how my system profiles Montano.

monty.thumb.png.77b7a5583e6bf6d52119a565bd60d8a6.png

Profile is very similar to that of a wing back, if thats of any relevance.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just mucking about with wingers and this is how my system profiles Montano.

monty.thumb.png.77b7a5583e6bf6d52119a565bd60d8a6.png

Profile is very similar to that of a wing back, if thats of any relevance.

Interesting. Martindale says he sees him as a winger.

8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Interesting. Martindale says he sees him as a winger.

Theres zero doubt you should trust his word over my bar graphs tbh, I just remembered you lads talking about what shape you'd be playing next season and had a look at him because I'm sad. WyScout has him playing the majority of the season as a LB/LWB.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres zero doubt you should trust his word over my bar graphs tbh, I just remembered you lads talking about what shape you'd be playing next season and had a look at him because I'm sad. WyScout has him playing the majority of the season as a LB/LWB.

Interesting Martindale said he was offered him last year as a LWB, but this time from a different agent as a LW. Any idea on how he looks as a LW?

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Interesting Martindale said he was offered him last year as a LWB, but this time from a different agent as a LW. Any idea on how he looks as a LW?

That bar chart is him compared to wingers at the levels he's played over the past 3 years, but obviously affected by his time at full back/wing back, which is a flaw with it.

Might sound a bit reactionary, but I think I can see Martindale taking a step back within the first round of fixtures next season. He obviously learned from the cup final and didn't put all our efforts into stopping individual players, but it still felt far too negative in that we were too concerned about conceding which impacted our attack. Seemed like no one was willing to take a risk and we were too reliant on winning a throw or corner and getting a scrappy goal from there. Part of that might come down to the players not being arsed, but personally think that still comes down to the manager not being able to get them up for it.

Hoping I'm wrong and he learns a lot over the summer, but he just doesn't strike me as the best tactical manager.

Edited by LiviLion