Livingston - all the threads merged

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Season over. Hibs wont win the Scottish Cup so we've no Europe to fight for. 

Ah well, a decent season nonetheless

For a club with the lowest/second lowest budget in the division to finish in the top half of the league two seasons running (plus a cup final appearance) is more than decent in my opinion.

Next season is going to be a challenge with predicted changes in the summer but "predictable" is not the Livi way.

13 hours ago, Afro said:

We’re not finishing 5th. And even if we do, we’re not making Europe. 

Bit deflated after those results this weekend. Season well and truly petering out. 

We'll see. I think it would be hard for St. Johnstone to catch us if we better their result this weekend. Europe aspect obviously up in the air. 

We're all onboard the Hibs Scottish Cup train.

Season feels worse than it actually is, considering a couple months ago we were eyeing up 4th (guaranteed Europe) and were in a winnable national cup final. Then accepted a fight for 5th for the European diddy league. To now knowing that even 5th is quite unlikely to get European football, and there's a good chance we might not even finish there. 

It'll obviously be seen as a very successful campaign but its just a bit deflating at the moment now that we're relying on not throwing away 5th and Hibs winning the Scottish Cup :lol:

15 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Season over. Hibs wont win the Scottish Cup so we've no Europe to fight for. 

Ah well, a decent season nonetheless

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

For a club with the lowest/second lowest budget in the division to finish in the top half of the league two seasons running (plus a cup final appearance) is more than decent in my opinion.

Next season is going to be a challenge with predicted changes in the summer but "predictable" is not the Livi way.

Absolutely this, i'd say this is the best sustained period in our history, back to back top 6 finishes, and comfortably staying up in 9th place the first season too, top 4 next season would be the cherry on the cake of our amazing journey back into the top flight.

As you say though, next season is going to be a challenge, the infrastructure at the club has served us well so far though, and we are still looking at having a decent core of players remaining for next season. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We'll see. I think it would be hard for St. Johnstone to catch us if we better their result this weekend. Europe aspect obviously up in the air. 

We're all onboard the Hibs Scottish Cup train.

Yep, best scenario for us if we finish 5th.

Otherwise mon the Killie or Utd just to stop St Johnstone getting into Europe, cause i'm a petty that way.

Surely you can be both happy and disappointed with the performances over the course of a season? Happy to have reached a cup final, plus an impressive unbeaten run. Disappointed because the form has disappeared off a cliff.

Agreed - I let myself be carried away by the hype earlier and our fantastic winning and unbeaten runs; at one stage we dared to dream of challenging for third and maybe even second  and maybe another cup to show for it.

If view in isolation the last two months have been decidedly disappointing but, looking back, we started the season in the height of a pandemic and a big question mark on how many clubs would likely survive.

For all the ups and downs of this season though; my greatest disappointment has to be my inability to watch my home team live in the stadium on even one occasion.

Playing in Conference League qualifying rounds will disrupt pre-season preparations. It could result in a psychological blow similar to what Killie experienced with their loss to Connah's Quay. Then it can also cost the club money. The St Johnstone chairman remarked before that being drawn to play a side in, eg. Azerbaijan, can see the cost of flights and accommodation exceed the prize money awarded for that tie. 

Yeh,good point FF.As much as we all want to qualify for Europe,the bigger picture shows that we would probably end up considerably out of pocket here.Only plus for me would be the opportunity to lure decent calibre of players to the club with the chance to play in Europe 🇪🇺 when the current season finishes. We seem to be on a reasonable financial footing at the moment and I would hope this wouldn't put pressure on the club to remain so.But due to sentiment,its a tough one to call.🤔🦁🇪🇺.

On 26/04/2021 at 19:24, Troy.1995 said:

Yeh,good point FF.As much as we all want to qualify for Europe,the bigger picture shows that we would probably end up considerably out of pocket here.Only plus for me would be the opportunity to lure decent calibre of players to the club with the chance to play in Europe 🇪🇺 when the current season finishes. We seem to be on a reasonable financial footing at the moment and I would hope this wouldn't put pressure on the club to remain so.But due to sentiment,its a tough one to call.🤔🦁🇪🇺.

Financial footing..... the club have not submitted accounts for last year and the SFA have the club in there sights. Some financial footing with a convicted fraudster / thief advising the board. 

On 29/04/2021 at 19:05, LogieLivi said:

emoji442.pngemoji881.pngEPISODE 15: DAVID FERNANDEZemoji881.pngemoji442.png

BUMPER INTERVIEW WITH LIVINGSTONS GREATEST EVER PLAYERemoji736.png

What else could you possibly want!? GET IT SMELT!!

emoji442.pngSpotify: https://t.co/cleovIfJej
emoji442.pngAnchor: https://t.co/Yunl73YaMT
emoji985.pngYouTube:

Only half way through but wow, what a listen. Brilliant guy. 

If anyone hasn't listened, they absolutely should. Best Livingston related interview I've heard.

Saw that Dykes is being linked with West Brom, Fulham and Burnley. Obviously all rumours but fees were in the region of 20-25m which could be huge for us given our sell on %, could net us 3-4m on top of the 2m that we got in the first place.