TheDoctor

Livingston - all the threads merged

He's a legend at Livingston.What he and Davie did is now folklore at Livi.Might take time at Ayr,but possibility of an Ayrshire derby next season.Now wouldnt that be fun.Best of luck Hoppy.👍🦁.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Evening lads

It looks like we’re close to appointing David Hopkin as our new manager and I just wanted to know what the general opinion is of him amongst you lot?

Obviously it’s fairly well known that Martindale was responsible for the a lot of the signings at the club under Holt but I’d imagine this was also the case under Hopkin. If thats so was Hopkin really only picking the team and formation and nothing else?

Hopkins will get you to the Premiership in 3 seasons - whether he can keep you is another discussion..

Edited by Durnford

JIM LEISHMAN MBE - The Interview 

OUT NOW!!! 

Incredibly humbling to be able to welcome someone like Jim onto our podcast, Jim is just a fantastic story teller, all things Meadowbank, Livingston and Dunfermline discussed with some terrific stories thrown in. 

Sit back and relax for the next hour and a half and listen to the legend that is Jim Leishman MBE look back at his time in football.

E22E5197-DFEA-4111-8827-329CE1B7BC67.png

Edited by andylivi1

Martindale being tight-lipped in his radio interview but BBC seem to think he won't play for them again. I assume he's signed a PCA and they've taken the hump but hopefully a Livi fan can clear up.

What's the story with Scott Robinson? :unsure:
Came on as a sub against The Rangers and was subbed off.
Wasn't happy and Martindale dropped him for it.

Out of contract at the end of the season. Signing for Motherwell.
Left out now because of that.

I honestly don't think Robinson would be a huge loss at all. He's been a rotation player for about 3 years and even then he's played as a makeshift striker this season. He doesn't fit our system at all. 

Had a good run this season but even then he's never a starter at this level. No huge loss if we can't keep him as an option off the bench or rotation

Edited by ATLIS

I don't really blame Robinson for moving (if true) given his age and form. This will probably be his last chance at a 'big' move on the back of some high profile goals and performances. 

However if he's asked for a salary of a starting Premiership striker I don't blame Livi for saying no. Bar a brief purple patch his output over the past 3 years has been fairly poor and I don't think effort, pressing and versatility cover that. 

Team on a poor run of form at end of season. First team players abandoning ship. Inexperienced manager. You boys are a certainty for relegation next year....

I like Robbo, has been a good player for us, always gave it his all, and was a constant nuisance to defenders, in numerous forward positions. Like Lawless last season, Robbo has had the season of his career with us, so if it got him a move for more dosh good luck to him. Would obv like him to be here next season, but if he's away then we'll survive, considering the big players we've lost, like Gallagher, Halkett, Dykes, Kelly, Alexander, etc, this wont affect us at all.

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Team on a poor run of form at end of season. First team players abandoning ship. Inexperienced manager. You boys are a certainty for relegation next year....

St Mirren getting relegated type post.

Its one player who's been pretty much a rotation player until recently. We've survived losing massive players before when we had an inexperienced manager. Losing Halkett, Gallagher, Hardie, Byrne was a bigger issue and we dealt with that ok.

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Martindale being tight-lipped in his radio interview but BBC seem to think he won't play for them again. I assume he's signed a PCA and they've taken the hump but hopefully a Livi fan can clear up.

Gallagher played almost all the games after signing a pre-contact with you. Martindale would have no issues with a player getting a better deal elsewhere. 

Yeah, I can't blame Robbo for moving on. It would be a shame if there was a fight behind the scenes that led to it, but signing a PCA with another team that'll give him the biggest contract of his career isn't something we can fight against. It's happened with Halkett, Gallagher, Lamie, and others over the past couple of years, and it'll keep happening.

If he moves on, good luck to him.

27 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Robinson's only ever been a backup/rotation player. Guthrie and Devlin signed new deals, we'll be fine

The idea that Livi staff take the hump against players who have PCAs with other clubs falls down when you look at Gallagher, Halkett and Lawless. I imagine that, similar to our first season in the Premiership, the post-game splits will see a lot of experimentation with players that are here next year

Robinson's only ever been a backup/rotation player. Guthrie and Devlin signed new deals, we'll be fine
They didn't necessarily sign new deals.
We had the clause in their contract, so it automatically applies regardless of whether the player wants to stay or not.
Just like Decs at Motherwell.

6 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

They didn't necessarily sign new deals.
We had the clause in their contract, so it automatically applies regardless of whether the player wants to stay or not.
Just like Decs at Motherwell.

Aye, still easier to just say a new deal. They've got another year on their deal now regardless 

Football is so fickle these days.We all want our best players to stay.But its their jobs end of the day.Money and an obvious fall out from Martindale will take him away from us.Its happened before and will happen again.Its how we deal with it.Having secured top six , im hoping Davie looks like hes got to look at a striker to bring in and bolster our strikeforce.. Couple of boys coming back end of season.But for the Spl.🤔.

21 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Football is so fickle these days.We all want our best players to stay.But its their jobs end of the day.Money and an obvious fall out from Martindale will take him away from us.Its happened before and will happen again.Its how we deal with it.Having secured top six , im hoping Davie looks like hes got to look at a striker to bring in and bolster our strikeforce.. Couple of boys coming back end of season.But for the Spl.🤔.

He's hardly one of our best players though, had a good spell this season but has been nothing other than a bench/rotation option. There were months where he couldn't even make the bench, it's absolutely no big loss given we could recruit similar fairly easily in the window. 

We just need to better/match St Mirren/Dundee Utd/St Johnstone's results and there's a very good chance we'll be playing European football in the summer. Vaccine/Travel permitting I'll see the rest of you all in the Moldovan sun for our away game against Sheriff Tiraspol :guinness