Livingston - all the threads merged

Midfield static, constant bad passing, constant fouling, never won a second ball, players doubling  up at  left back and right back, Why???
Out played in every area,5 or more players just not good enough.
Defence shaky full of mistakes.

McCrorie  3/10  Bad ball clearance, Taking to much time on the ball  

Devlin   6/10   Done well enough, Tried to get forward.

Fitzwater 3/10  Scored a goal, caused a goal in a mix up, looked shaky, To much fouling..

Guthrie  5/10  Not great ,bad pass across box, Motherwell should've scored, also to much fouling. 

Taylor-Sinclair  2/10  Out paced by Well winger, ball distribution poor, panics when on the ball

Lawson  1/10    Game passed him by, won nothing in middle, little effort, lack of interest. Just Not good enough on this display

Bartley 1/10  Moved into a more central area, anonymous, done nothing, no drive, plenty of fouling though ,as far as I'm concerned  Bartley's time is up

Mullin  1/10  The 1 points for the free kick, anonymous again, done nothing, this is another who's time is up

Sibbald   3/10  Lasted 90 min, but on this display looked leggy, won nothing in the middle ,poor. 

Serrano   4/10  Managed to get on the ball, his ball distribution, passing was not good enough, especially  first half.

Poplatnik   5/10    Busy enough, hard to judge him with the lack of support..
The best strikers in the world would struggle  in this team

Forrest   6/10  Looked lively enough, good effort

Pittman   3/10  Tried but no impact.

Tiffoney  3/10  No impact

18 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

Lawson  1/10    Game passed him by, won nothing in middle, little effort, lack of interest. Just Not good enough on this display

If you don't rate a player's ability and must come here to tell us that, then fine, but let's not go smearing their character. 

It's amazing that we're sitting 5th and about to enter our 4th consecutive season in the top flight, given half the team isn't Premiership standard...

For what it's worth, today seemed like the culmination of a poor rotation policy, players out of form and the lack of a striker with a sustained run in the team. Poplatnik looked ok in spells, again, however he needs more support up front.  I'd agree that the midfield seemed scared to hold the ball, very disappointed in the lack of composure compared to earlier in the season. 

Time for us to change style, keep the ball on the ground and go back to the high tempo high pressing game we played before. Let's not get stale. Make the most of the players we have and not the non-existent tall header winning striker we don't  

I'd be tempted to go back to 4231, with two attacking wingers. At the moment Poplatnik/Robinson seem very isolated with the ball, and our other strikers (JET/Tiffoney) seem to play better on the wings
We played 4-2-3-1 today and have done in most of the games recently

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

It's amazing that we're sitting 5th and about to enter our 4th consecutive season in the top flight, given half the team isn't Premiership standard...

For what it's worth, today seemed like the culmination of a poor rotation policy, players out of form and the lack of a striker with a sustained run in the team. Poplatnik looked ok in spells, again, however he needs more support up front.  I'd agree that the midfield seemed scared to hold the ball, very disappointed in the lack of composure compared to earlier in the season. 

I think you overestimate Premiership standard.😂

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think you overestimate Premiership standard.😂

True😂 It was more a sarcastic response to players getting 0s, 1s and 2s for weeks on the bounce. I think every player on that pitch today, at some point over the past two years, has shown enough at this level

1 minute ago, The Wrong Car said:

True😂 It was more a sarcastic response to players getting 0s, 1s and 2s for weeks on the bounce. I think every player on that pitch today, at some point over the past two years, has shown enough at this level

Yeah it's lack of consistency that's killing us just now, too many not playing to their best levels. Seemed jittery as feck today the amount of mistakes they were making. Motherwell actually out Livi'd us with quick high balls lumped up to our back line, then pressing us quickly and pouncing on our mistakes, and by f**k we made plenty, esp in the first 20 minutes.

We've a full week to prep for the Accies game, which is the biggest game of our season just now, we need a result of some sort to make the final pre split game against Hibs pressure free. Pitts and Forrest made a big difference when they came on, but the 3rd goal killed it for us. With a week's prep we need to get our strongest starting XI on the pitch, no messing.

5 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
5 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:
I'd be tempted to go back to 4231, with two attacking wingers. At the moment Poplatnik/Robinson seem very isolated with the ball, and our other strikers (JET/Tiffoney) seem to play better on the wings

We played 4-2-3-1 today and have done in most of the games recently

We've been playing an asymmetrical system I'm sure 4231 but the LW just playing as an extra CM (Sibbald etc). That's why Mullin looks so ineffective, teams only need to worry about one side

Utd out of the running now, so just us, St Mirren and St Johnstone going for the last two places for the top 6.

A draw from one of our last two pre split games, both at home, would do it. Two defeats and a 5 goals swing in GD, with St Johnstone winning their last game versus Ross County. Does it go to goals for if it's all square in points and GD, think it does.

Just get it done next weekend Livi, win or draw against Accies.

If we cant get a point from these 2 home games,il be astonished. Surely with whats at stake here,even we couldnt fech this up.Or could we?.Nah,not even contemplating that scenario. Big weeks training ahead.Davie has some decisions to make.🦁.

Big push against Hamilton and it's pressure off...falling out of the top six would see the season end in disappointment. Davie said as much in his post match comments yesterday. We looked poor at the tail end of last season too...wonder if we need to tweak our long term training

Can we please put Max back in goals again? There is absolutely zero point in playing McCrorie at this point in the season, when he is clearly no better. The third goal yesterday was absolutely brutal.

I'm also baffled that Devlin has managed to last the entire season with such poor quality on the ball. Great attitude but so frustrating. 

Should we just go a bit "f**k it the season's over anyway" mental for next week?

Schwake*

Fitzwater  -  Guthrie  -  Ambrose

Mullin  -  Sibbald  -  Pittman  -  Forrest

JET  -  Poplatnik  -  Kabia

*okay, fine. Stryjek can play.

Can we please put Max back in goals again? There is absolutely zero point in playing McCrorie at this point in the season, when he is clearly no better. The third goal yesterday was absolutely brutal.
I'm also baffled that Devlin has managed to last the entire season with such poor quality on the ball. Great attitude but so frustrating. 
I want to see McMillan get a run at right back... wouldn't surprise me if he was trying to get away in the summer due to his lack of game time

Should we just go a bit "f**k it the season's over anyway" mental for next week?

Schwake*

Fitzwater  -  Guthrie  -  Ambrose

Mullin  -  Sibbald  -  Pittman  -  Forrest

JET  -  Poplatnik  -  Kabia

*okay, fine. Stryjek can play.
After we secure top six I'm all for playing JET in goals tbh