Livingston - all the threads merged

Plenty of effort and fight last night by my most players, but ball control and passing was terrible, they are stuck in a rut with this system
4-2-3-1, which in the case of last night ends up 7-2-1,with not shot on target

I think Livi need a clear-out during the summer, the problems are the type of midfielders in the squad, far to many defensive types, that are not needed, and bring nothing in offensive situations or defensive

Bartley,Holt,Mullin,Forrest need moved on, along with Fizzywater,Ats,Reilly,Jet, there's probably more, but that would be a good start 

Pittman,Lawson,are good enough but need to be more consistent

Sibbald, is suited to a more slower paced game, but still good enough in the middle

They need to bring in 3 new attacking midfielders, that get stuck in and don't hide, and a couple decent forwards
Robbo's fine but needs help, I don't like this 1 up front system 

2 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Is Nixon's debt not only repayable when the clubs in a position to do so? If so I'd imagine that we'd argue that, with no fans in attendance for a year, the Dykes money is largely supporting the business.

Yeah it is, however he's claiming the Dykes money would just be far and above our operating costs (1m a year turnover). JW claiming we're making a 1.6-2m loss probably should just end Nixon's snivelling surely.

Nixon can't be very bright, just ignoring that football clubs are in survival mode during the covid situation, he's got no chance of winning that argument.

I dare say if we had played the remaining games last season and finished in the top 6, we'd have made a few bob from playing 2 or 3 home games in the top 6, as well as the home game against Hearts before the split, the top 6 dosh and Dykes money, plus another top 6 this season, as well as another season's worth of top flight gate money, we'd have paid off Nixon no problem. Not going to happen this season though.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah it is, however he's claiming the Dykes money would just be far and above our operating costs (1m a year turnover). JW claiming we're making a 1.6-2m loss probably should just end Nixon's snivelling surely.

This. Both stories have clearly been leaked by Nixon to make his case look as positive as possible and put us in a bad light.

This week on the Almondview Podcast

Firstly we moaned like wee bitches about the cup final.
We then discuss our Official Almondview Podcast Player of The Month and why we chose him.
This week we had a great conversation with former coach and manager, Allan Preston. We talked league cups, his time as coach and manager and of course asked him if he hated Livi.**
Lastly we looked back at our favourite games versus the Fir Park Fannies, Motherwell.

https://anchor.fm/almondviewpod/episodes/Episode-7---The-Wrong-Movie-erfh1s

** He doesn't.

7 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

This week on the Almondview Podcast

Firstly we moaned like wee bitches about the cup final.
We then discuss our Official Almondview Podcast Player of The Month and why we chose him.
This week we had a great conversation with former coach and manager, Allan Preston. We talked league cups, his time as coach and manager and of course asked him if he hated Livi.**
Lastly we looked back at our favourite games versus the Fir Park Fannies, Motherwell.

https://anchor.fm/almondviewpod/episodes/Episode-7---The-Wrong-Movie-erfh1s

** He doesn't.

***He says he doesn't anyway. :unsure:😄

Listened to it last night, was actually surprisingly good (Biscuits interview, your show is always good) ;). He  never misses a chance to stick it to us whenever i've heard him on the radio, but maybe he just does that to every club when he doesn't like something about them. Certainly doesn't like our pitch, admire your restraint not getting into that discussion with him, could've taken up the whole show.🤣

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

***He says he doesn't anyway. :unsure:[emoji1]

Listened to it last night, was actually surprisingly good (Biscuits interview, your show is always good) [emoji6]. He  never misses a chance to stick it to us whenever i've heard him on the radio, but maybe he just does that to every club when he doesn't like something about them. Certainly doesn't like our pitch, admire your restraint not getting into that discussion with him, could've taken up the whole show.[emoji1787]
Aye his reasons for not liking the pitch was edited out. Basically he blames the old AstroTurf pitches for causing his injuries that caused him to retire. Which of course is his experience, so can't really argue against him.

He did also explain that he gets stick and the same comments from fans of all clubs, not just Livi. I think he's just a say it how he sees it type of guy.

Really appreciated him giving us his time and even asked us some genuine questions as well "off the air". Was honestly just a great experience talking to him.

Aye you're no really wanting to invite guests onto the show and argue with them.😄 Not that type of show, enjoying the stories they all tell from their time at Livi, there are things i didn't really think too much about when we went through those hard times with bams and crooks in charge, from a players perspective. Amazing that they won the semi final and final under those circumstances, we couldn't do it this season and everything was running smoothly.

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

And the lawyer, he was due one too.

Some people are beyond help, but i'm sure you'd be delighted to see him rocking up at your team's door, the enlightened ray of sunshine that you are.

I'd question his credentials as a lawyer too, he was the only person Pearse Flynn won a court case against.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Hope to f**k we can draw one of our last 2 games or St Johnstone could pip us to a top 6 place, bad enough they beat us in the cup final, would be a right 3 iron in the baws if they knock us down into the bottom 6 too. Think i'd need professional therapy.