Livingston - all the threads merged

I’m probably a few days behind but there was an interview with Martindale in the Courier regards a new contract for Robinson. Essentially suggesting that finances and any tightening of the belt depending on when fans are back at games will dictate what happens. 

I would imagine without a clear route to fans coming back in by the summer that some of the higher earners like Ambrose will be away for certain, and guys like Robinson, Guthrie and Mullin looking uncertain. Nothing surprising in that but in normal times the high(ish) league finishes and Dykes money would’ve been immense in that regard. 

And just as I post that, another article in the Courier this afternoon with Robinson saying he loves it here, looking to sign a new deal, etc. 

Would imagine securing a top six berth would go a long way to securing those out of contract. 

1 hour ago, Afro said:

I’m probably a few days behind but there was an interview with Martindale in the Courier regards a new contract for Robinson. Essentially suggesting that finances and any tightening of the belt depending on when fans are back at games will dictate what happens. 

I would imagine without a clear route to fans coming back in by the summer that some of the higher earners like Ambrose will be away for certain, and guys like Robinson, Guthrie and Mullin looking uncertain. Nothing surprising in that but in normal times the high(ish) league finishes and Dykes money would’ve been immense in that regard. 

We have a one year extension on Guthrie, so I’d say it’s a strong guarantee he’ll stay unless we mess up 

If we finish 5th we'll prob get a European spot too, can't see the Scottish cup being played this season with the lower leagues below Championship looking knackered with covid restrictions stopping play. That should be a big draw for keeping players too, as well as the extra money helping us offering them an increase of money in new contracts.

Getting to a cup final will prob help a bit too, doubt we'd have factored that into our playing budget this season.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

St Johnstone building up a great run of form just as the arse is falling out of ours. 

Next week’s game in Paisley is massive. A win there puts the top six back within our own hands, comfortably, but a defeat would be a total body blow heading into the final. 

20 minutes ago, Afro said:

St Johnstone building up a great run of form just as the arse is falling out of ours. 

Next week’s game in Paisley is massive. A win there puts the top six back within our own hands, comfortably, but a defeat would be a total body blow heading into the final. 

I think one more win will do for top 6. Would be great to get that next week and build momentum for the final. 

I'd make big changes for the St Mirren game, too many off their game just now, with their minds on the final. Guthrie/Ambrose/McMillan in a back 3, with Lawson and Serrano as WB's, need something like the home game against Celtic before the semi final, get fringe players in to fight for a cup final place. 

I'm not sure I'd make big changes but I imagine they'll be experimenting with a three in training so that we can potentially match up with St. Johnstone. 

I think Reilly is very likely to start next week based on Robinson's back spasms. 

Read in an article Reilly was in covid isolation, not seen anything official but he hasn't been in the squad recently. Poplatnik would be a good replacement though.  Think we should keep the usual spine to the team but could make 4 or 5 changes elsewhere to freshen it up, McMillan, Forrest/Kabia, Polatnik and Lawson starting anyway.  Efe will prob be back in with Fitwater suspended, which isn't a bad thing, Ambrose and Guthrie have been our best CB partnership (with Brown playing too, which unfortunately can't happen now).

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Read in an article Reilly was in covid isolation, not seen anything official but he hasn't been in the squad recently. Poplatnik would be a good replacement though.  Think we should keep the usual spine to the team but could make 4 or 5 changes elsewhere to freshen it up, McMillan, Forrest/Kabia, Polatnik and Lawson starting anyway.  Efe will prob be back in with Fitwater suspended, which isn't a bad thing, Ambrose and Guthrie have been our best CB partnership (with Brown playing too, which unfortunately can't happen now).

I could be wrong but I’m certain Serrano and Reilly’s recent absences were both due to the same result. Given Serrano’s return yesterday I’m assuming Reilly just wasn’t selected, or lacking match fitness. 

If Robinson is out Poplatnik would be my choice, was certainly coming on to a game before he was injured at McDiarmid, but match sharpness is a big question for him. 

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

I could be wrong but I’m certain Serrano and Reilly’s recent absences were both due to the same result. Given Serrano’s return yesterday I’m assuming Reilly just wasn’t selected, or lacking match fitness. 

If Robinson is out Poplatnik would be my choice, was certainly coming on to a game before he was injured at McDiarmid, but match sharpness is a big question for him. 

Yeah remember now something about 2 players being in isolation.

Not too worried about match sharpness, as just getting someone in to chase and press, he should be fit enough to do that for at least 60 mins. One thing for sure, he'd do it better than JET, match fit or not.

Dunno what has happened to Forrest, obv can't be showing up well in training, he was one of our best players earlier in the season, and our top goal scorer.

Gavin Reilly tested positive for Covid which meant Serrano had to isolate due to being a close contact. Reilly wont be allowed to train until he's displaying zero symptoms and returns the required number of negative tests, however many that is. All going well and assuming he's not had a bad dose of it he should be back in training this week and be available for next weekend

Martindale said yesterday there were two people who had to isolate due to Reilly's positive test. Other one was probably Tiffoney or Pignatiello.

They are apparently going to be driving to games in individual cars for the rest of the season to minimise the risk of this happening again. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Watching those goals again i hope we don't appeal Fitzwater's red card, doesn't deserve to get a game next week after that performance, ran about half heartedly looking like he was just going through the motions. 

Devlin and Mullin weren't much better right enough. 

We have appealed it and rightly so given we have our lack of centre-backs.

Bad game for him but he's shown enough in games before now to show he can bounce back. I think the pitch had a massive impact. Not sure what his injury was but it was a bad game to throw him back into in hindsight.

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We have appealed it and rightly so given we have our lack of centre-backs.

Bad game for him but he's shown enough in games before now to show he can bounce back. I think the pitch had a massive impact. Not sure what his injury was but it was a bad game to throw him back into in hindsight.

That's ATS had a bad game, Fitzwater even worse, just need Ambrose to have one now and it looks like Brown was the key man when we were solid as f**k in defence.

33 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That's ATS had a bad game, Fitzwater even worse, just need Ambrose to have one now and it looks like Brown was the key man when we were solid as f**k in defence.

Wonder if you can still loan folk in, get him back in asap if possible :D