Livingston - all the threads merged

6 minutes ago, crispy said:

Did they just wait to see who was in the final and when they realised two diddy clubs they called I? Or am I missing the significance of the 28th January as a decision day on these things?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55845458?fbclid=IwAR3akzjJIVszUX7dIQro8eyL3ALz1WD1-aKld4ei3ATcRzqxRmV5EdyA9Ms

Yeah wrong cup, League Cup doesn’t get European qualification as normal. 

Scotland gained another European place this season so had to be decided at some point.

Also, finishing third gets you a straight playoff for Europa League group stages. Tasty. 

Edited by ATLIS

On 22/01/2021 at 10:01, LogieLivi said:

Episode 1 of the Almondview Podcast is available now!

In our first episode we had the absolute pleasure of talking to Derek Lilley about all things league Cup with this weekends semi final in mind but he goes in depth into a lot of his time at the club.

It is available on Spotify, Google and Apple podcasts but also on our anchor page.
Have a listen and let us know what you think.

http://anchor.fm/almondviewpod

Really enjoyed this, well done on putting it together. Best compliment I can give is that Derek Lilley sounded like he was having a great time chatting to you guys. 

Half way through episode 2 and the interview with McMenamin is equally good, if not better. 

Really enjoyed this, well done on putting it together. Best compliment I can give is that Derek Lilley sounded like he was having a great time chatting to you guys. 
Half way through episode 2 and the interview with McMenamin is equally good, if not better. 
Cheers man!
Both interviews so far were a right laugh likes.
McMenamin was a wealth of incredible stories! We guessed his interview would only be about an hour. 2 hours of footage in total I edited down to the 1 hour available.
Absolute class guys the pair of them.
We have a number of incredible guests lined up that will really surprise you!

I'm obviously biased but that's now two excellent podcasts that are done by Livi fans. I've listened to a couple of different clubs ones over the years and, while I appreciate the time and effort that any fan of any club puts in to doing this kind of stuff, TalkLivi and now the Almondview are both far better than anything else I've heard. 

17 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Not sure if anyone listed to his post-match interview last night but Martindale said he was looking to bring in a 'foreign player'. Also said one of our players would move out to a Premiership or Championship club. More likely to go out when League 1 and 2 restart.

Jack Hamilton to us please.

Based on less than an hour of seeing him I think Kabia might have made up a lot of ground on Hamilton and Tiffoney for a place in squad. The little we've seen of him looks really good; he's an exciting prospect. We don't have a speed merchant up top from what I can see so hopefully Jaze is that guy.

Edited by crispy

25 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
27 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:
Jack Hamilton to us please.

I'd imagine if he was going back out it'd be to East Fife again, it was hinted that would be the plan when we recalled him. Saying that, with Lee Miller being your manager anything could happen.

With Miller and the Holt connection can only hope and then we can send Dowds back to EF for game time imo.

13 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Yeah started with a view from the terrace vibe, but all about Livi, was a good listen. Have to confess i listened to the first one in bed and nodded off near the end, nothing to do with the podcast though i was just tired.😂 I listened to the end bit again the next day.

Not heard the 2nd one yet, will try to stay awake all the way through this time.;)

2 hours ago, crispy said:

Based on less than an hour of seeing him I think Kabia might have made up a lot of ground on Hamilton and Tiffoney for a place in squad. The little we've seen of him looks really good; he's an exciting prospect. We don't have a speed merchant up top from what I can see so hopefully Jaze is that guy.

Yeah i think they had planned to loan him out to get him game time, and maybe give him a shot in the first team next season, but the way he's started i don't think he'll be going anywhere. Early days right enough but he's had a great impact in 2 sub appearances. Must be doing well in training too, for them to put him straight in against Celtic after just signing him, and then on the bench again against Killie, and getting on as a sub.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think Buchanan is the top scorer in a season, this list has Beany top of all time goal scorers at Livi though. Livingston FC - Record goal scorers | Transfermarkt

Sorry but that list cant possibly be right unless its limited to like only the last 10 - 15 years.

David Bingham alone scored 50 goals for us  Even Barry Wilson, with 25 goals, doesn't appear on the list.

Also I can only see Ian Russell down for 44 goals whilst playing for us?

18 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Sorry but that list cant possibly be right unless its limited to like only the last 10 - 15 years.

David Bingham alone scored 50 goals for us  Even Barry Wilson, with 25 goals, doesn't appear on the list.

Also I can only see Ian Russell down for 44 goals whilst playing for us?

`Yeah it hasn't got Derek Lilley and Charlie King either, oh well.

Goalkeepers
1. Robby McCrorie - 2021 (loan)
32. Max Stryjek - 2023
40. Gary Maley - 2021

Defenders
2. Nicky Devlin - 2021 (1 year extension option)
4. Alan Lithgow - 2021
5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023
12. Julien Serrano - 2021 (loan)
21. Jack McMillan - 2022
23. Jackson Longridge - 2023
25. Efe Ambrose - 2021
27. Jon Guthrie - 2021 (1 year extension option)
29. Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 2021

Midfielders
6. Marvin Bartley - 2022
7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022
8. Scott Pittman - 2023
10. Craig Sibbald - 2022
18. Jason Holt - 2023
33. Steve Lawson - 2021

Forwards
9. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - 2021 (1 year extension option)
11. Alan Forrest - 2022
14. Josh Mullin - 2021 (2 year extension option)
15. Matej Poplatnik - 2022 (1 year extension option)
17. Scott Robinson - 2021
19. Salim Kouider-Aissa - 2022 (1 year extension option)
20. Gavin Reilly - 2022
22. Scott Tiffoney - 2021(?)
37. Jaze Kabia - 2023

In
Ciaron Brown - Cardiff City (Loan)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - PTT Rayong
Jack Fitzwater - West Bromich Albion
Alan Forrest - Ayr United
Jason Holt - Rangers
Jaze Kabia - Shelbourne
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Queen's Park
Jackson Longridge - Bradford City
Lars Lokotsch - SV Rodinghausen
Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan)
Josh Mullin - Ross County
Matej Poplatnik - Kerala Blasters
Gavin Reilly - Carlisle United
Julien Serrano - AS Monaco (Loan)
Anthony Stokes - Persepolis
Max Stryjek - Eastleigh

Out
Ciaron Brown - Cardiff City (Loan return)
Robbie Crawford - Motherwell
Raffaele De Vita - Edinburgh City (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021
Lyndon Dykes - QPR
Chris Erskine - East Kilbride
Jack Hamilton - Arbroath (Loan) - Contract Expiry Expiry 2022
Craig Henderson - East Stirlingshire
Ricki Lamie - Motherwell
Steven Lawless - Burton Albion
Lars Lokotsch - FSV Zwickau
Dolly Menga
Hakeem Odoffin - Hamilton Academical
Cece Pepe
Carlo Pignatiello - Arbroath (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021 (?)
Ryan Schofield - Huddersfield (Loan Return)
Brian Schwake - Linlithgow Rose (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2023
Aymen Souda - FC Sete 34
Ross Stewart - Hearts (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021
Anthony Stokes

Few updates - Lokotsch signed for FSV Zwickau in Germany and Aymen Souda signed for FC Sete 34 in France. Hamilton loan leaves us with a squad of 28.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:
2 minutes ago, Durnford said:
What was the name of that French striker we signed at the same time as Tony Andreu? The boy who appeared on paper but never once played in the team?

David Luongo

Christ - yes - your right? About the time of Flynn/Massone take-over wasn't it? I wondered if the guy ever really existed or whether it was another example of creative paperwork.