Livingston - all the threads merged

I was surprised to see Longridge jump in ahead of McMillan on Sat... Sunday. Did go do with a hammy on Wed though, i think...

Call me pessimistic but i was wondering if recruitment might now suffer given that Davie is busier with first team haha

Edited by crispy

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Read somewhere Cardiff were wanting him back at the end of this month, can't find it now, too many Martindale headlines to rake through, then all the Celtic stuff from our double header, in the Livi news feed site i look at. May be why we signed Longridge again, in case Brown leaves.

Aye just had a look there, sounds like we've tried to extend it and they've turned it down. Fair enough, best of luck to him. Didn't actually realise Cardiff were doing so poorly :lol:

Think we'll mostly miss his long throws, other than that I'm more than happy with our other LB options.

I imagine Mick McCarthy will want to have a look at Brown given how terrible Cardiff have been. Best of luck to him if he goes. Pretty typical that he had just started to hit good form with us. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

On 26/01/2021 at 12:45, The Real Saints said:

The only thing which should determine his ‘fit and proper’ status is his performance as a football manager.

As an absolutely firm supporter of rehabilitation, and of Martindale's in particular despite Milton Keynes Soccer North FC not even being a real football club, no. Case in point: Steve Evans.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

As an absolutely firm supporter of rehabilitation, and of Martindale's in particular despite Milton Keynes Soccer North FC not even being a real football club, no. Case in point: Steve Evans.

I was talking purely in regards to David Martindale and his specific situation rather than making a universal judgement of all cases. Indeed, I agree with what you're saying.

6 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Aye just had a look there, sounds like we've tried to extend it and they've turned it down. Fair enough, best of luck to him. Didn't actually realise Cardiff were doing so poorly :lol:

Think we'll mostly miss his long throws, other than that I'm more than happy with our other LB options.

Not sure if anyone listed to his post-match interview last night but Martindale said he was looking to bring in a 'foreign player'. Also said one of our players would move out to a Premiership or Championship club. More likely to go out when League 1 and 2 restart.

35 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Not sure if anyone listed to his post-match interview last night but Martindale said he was looking to bring in a 'foreign player'. Also said one of our players would move out to a Premiership or Championship club. More likely to go out when League 1 and 2 restart.

Is the interview available to watch anywhere? 

Did they just wait to see who was in the final and when they realised two diddy clubs they called I? Or am I missing the significance of the 28th January as a decision day on these things?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55845458?fbclid=IwAR3akzjJIVszUX7dIQro8eyL3ALz1WD1-aKld4ei3ATcRzqxRmV5EdyA9Ms

Edited by crispy

2 minutes ago, crispy said:

Did they just wait to see who was in the final and when they realised two diddy clubs they called I? Or am I missing the significance of the 28th January as a decision day on these things?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55845458?fbclid=IwAR3akzjJIVszUX7dIQro8eyL3ALz1WD1-aKld4ei3ATcRzqxRmV5EdyA9Ms

Not sure if it said League Cup before, but this is for the Scottish Cup.