Livingston - all the threads merged

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Funnily enough it was something Livi fans have talked about for a good while. No clue where we draw the line in all fairness, Gallagher’s was a fairly violent assault but is that worse/not as bad as Goodwillie’s convictions? 

Personally if he does the business on the park and stays quiet/in line then fair enough. Let him be if he’s matured, grown and become a different person. 

That’s without talking about the fact he isn’t good enough though, I don’t reckon he’d get into our team 

Not having a pop at your club , or supporters , M74 ( wish my club was a bit more like Livi , tbh ) 

Gallagher has served his time , so , IMO , he deserves to be given a second chance ...

The “ rapist “ though .......

Edited by G51 Red

21 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

Not having a pop at your club , or supporters , M74 ( wish my club was a bit more like Livi , tbh ) 

Gallagher has served his time , so , IMO , he deserves to be given a second chance ...

The “ rapist “ though .......

It’s a weird one. By all right she’s served his time, been rehabilitated. Understandable that it’s an unforgiving thing to do, and he’s hardly a good person - as fans sometimes you just need to sit back and enjoy the football which can sound a bit defeatist 

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Bartley saying that Martindale has taken a back seat in coaching this season as opposed to last season where he was more hands on.

Interesting comment.

Maybe David Martindale is the second coming of Guardiola, after all. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Funnily enough it was something Livi fans have talked about for a good while. No clue where we draw the line in all fairness, Gallagher’s was a fairly violent assault but is that worse/not as bad as Goodwillie’s convictions? 

Personally if he does the business on the park and stays quiet/in line then fair enough. Let him be if he’s matured, grown and become a different person. 

That’s without talking about the fact he isn’t good enough though, I don’t reckon he’d get into our team 

I think Goodwillie's most serious conviction is for affray (or similar) and that was in the context of having been assaulted by someone else. Nowhere close to Martindale and Gallagher's offences.

He does have a very serious civil judgement against him though.

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

Holt did a good job in my view given the size of the club at Premiership level. Short of Livi gaining three times the support it’s no different to Accies, always going to be tough whoever is in charge. Good luck to him.

Did a fantastic job finishing a comfortable 9th after taking over from Hoppy & Miller, then 5th the following season, though there was a cry to sack him last season when we hit a sticky patch, and ended up having our 2nd best season in the top flight ever, fans eh. 😂

33 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Did a fantastic job finishing a comfortable 9th after taking over from Hoppy & Miller, then 5th the following season, though there was a cry to sack him last season when we hit a sticky patch, and ended up having our 2nd best season in the top flight ever, fans eh. 😂

We have one or two who think anything outside the top six and a cup win is failure so nothing new. 

On 28/11/2020 at 13:02, LIVIFOREVER said:

Still raging we didn’t get to fight it out with a Motherwell in freefall! 😂

10 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Big Al back in light training with a view to returning in 6 weeks time. Good news.

Good to hear the big guy is on the mend. On paper he doesn't get into our starting 11 but perhaps his leadership and organisation is what we've been missing at the back. Hopefully Keaghs isn't far from a comeback too...could really be using his tenacity in midfield plus his long free kicks into the box

46 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Just in to say well done on the PPV pricing lads, you've certainly riled a few. I for one couldn't give a f**k what clubs charge, they have to do what's right for themselves. I'll pay when I want and watch on IPTV for clubs I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Keep up the good work. 

@tree house tam which IPTV provider is best for Scottish games? 

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Big Al back in light training with a view to returning in 6 weeks time. Good news.

Excellent, defensively we've been pants this season and he is really good in the air defending set pieces. Will be interesting seeing his long throw ins too, and seeing if they have a bit of success from them again.

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Good to hear the big guy is on the mend. On paper he doesn't get into our starting 11 but perhaps his leadership and organisation is what we've been missing at the back. Hopefully Keaghs isn't far from a comeback too...could really be using his tenacity in midfield plus his long free kicks into the box

I'd have Lithgow in all day long, esp this season. Always solid, has a decent bit of skill on the ball too, and a killer pass.

Yeah Keaghan is also a big miss, surely can't be far away now, read he was doing light training a few of weeks back.