Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Disagree that Devlin was good. Gets up to the edge of the box then never delivers a good ball. Agree that he wasn't the worst but his quality on the ball is so poor. 

I'd say he put in better balls than Serrano, one in particular was just begging for a Livi player to get a foot on it. Serrano is usually very good with his deliveries but today he was poor.

I like Devlin but I don’t think having two full backs who are keen to push up suits the formation and style Holt is trying to implement. Between him and Serrano I’d be inclined to go for the latter, he’s looked better every time I’ve seen him play following a fairly nightmarish debut at Pittodrie. McMillan has been steady in any position he’s played for us so far, and seems to have a good knack of knowing when to go and when to stay back. Would be inclined to start him. 

From what I seen today, Bartley and Brown were particularly poor and I wouldn’t be averse to dropping both. Sibbald has been excellent in the centre for around the last 18 months or so, so punting him to the left was baffling; don’t think Holt has been poor enough to warrant a spell out of the team and I think the pair of them would work well sitting in front of the defence. 

Finally, and I can’t believe I’m about to type this, but Tiffoney should be starting games like today, as it suits him down to a tee. Emmanuel-Thomas certainly has a bit about him but didn’t see any form of application or guile to match the hype. Although, will give him the benefit of the doubt given he is certainly not sharp. 

Poor today, no doubt about it. 

We need to find our bite again. Too many not getting stuck in. Thought Forrest added something when he came on, so I'd have him back in. I would also give Sibbs another go in his favoured position. It wasn't working for him out on the left yesterday. JET isn't fit so wouldn't be starting him until he is. Would like to see McMillan get a chance. He was great last season and I think he'd add something defensively. Would also like to see Lawson get more game time. Stryjek looked much more confident than McCrorie so I would stick with him in goals.

Tiffoney

Forrest Pittman Robinson

Bartley Sibbald

McMillan Guthrie Ambrose Lawson

Stryjek

We need to find our bite again. Too many not getting stuck in. Thought Forrest added something when he came on, so I'd have him back in. I would also give Sibbs another go in his favoured position. It wasn't working for him out on the left yesterday. JET isn't fit so wouldn't be starting him until he is. Would like to see McMillan get a chance. He was great last season and I think he'd add something defensively. Would also like to see Lawson get more game time. Stryjek looked much more confident than McCrorie so I would stick with him in goals.

Tiffoney

Forrest Pittman Robinson

Bartley Sibbald

McMillan Guthrie Ambrose Lawson

Stryjek

Hope keaghs isn't too far away from being fit as I think he adds a fair bit of "bite" himself. Sit him alongside Bartley or Holt in the middle.

It looks like G Holt is be making the same mistakes every week, he loves playing 6 at the back, with the 2 defensive midfielders that play in their own half ,so basically 6 defenders,3 midfielders and 1 forward, it's not WorkinG,

Serano,Devlin, were ok on Saturday apart from their crosses, at least they tried and looked interested, Guthrie just can't  do anything right at the moment and his Sidekick Brown looks slow, tired and uninterested.
Jason Holt does nothing, disappears you'd be better playing with ten men, Bartley needs dropped, at times very lazy constantly giving away freekicks

Sibbald,Pittman,Mullin were useless on Saturday, it's as if they didn't know what positions they were supposed to be playing

Sibbald is not suited to fast paced football, still a good player though, but inconsistent

Pittman is not a ball winner, but can get into good positions, but is another player that has been inconsistent this year.

Mullin is another player that can run at defences, but inconsistent

Six Forwards 1 goal between them.
Theirs a difference between being unfit and Lazy, and what I've seen from Jet  the latter sums up his performance.
G.Holt won't win anymore games with these tactics 7 defensive type players
and 1 upfront.
8 or 9 players off form in the 1 game ,is that the new Livi way ? which isn't  helped by (Gary six at the back Holt)

Edited by Scrutinizer

It looks like G Holt is be making the same mistakes every week, he loves playing 6 at the back, with the 2 defensive midfielders that play in their own half ,so basically 6 defenders,3 midfielders and 1 forward, it's not WorkinG,
Serano,Devlin, were ok on Saturday apart from their crosses, at least they tried and looked interested, Guthrie just can't  do anything right at the moment and his Sidekick Brown looks slow, tired and uninterested.
Jason Holt does nothing, disappears you'd be better playing with ten men, Bartley needs dropped, at times very lazy constantly giving away freekicks
Sibbald,Pittman,Mullin were useless on Saturday, it's as if they didn't know what positions they were supposed to be playing
Sibbald is not suited to fast paced football, still a good player though, but inconsistent
Pittman is not a ball winner, but can get into good positions, but is another player that has been inconsistent this year.
Theirs a difference between being unfit and Lazy, and what I've seen from Jet  the latter sums up his performance.
and 1 upfront.
8 or 9 players off form in the 1 game ,is that the new Livi way ? which isn't  helped by (Gary six at the back Holt)
6 at the back yet concede so many stupid goals from defensive mistakes.

6 hours ago, LogieLivi said:
12 hours ago, Scrutinizer said:
and 1 upfront.

6 at the back yet concede so many stupid goals from defensive mistakes.

Aye keep getting caught out with a ball played in behind our defence, 2 weeks running we've concede a goal from that, one over the top against Sevco, and one defence splitting pass in behind us against Motherwell, def wasn't 6 at the back in either case for those goals, just Guthrie, and this weekend, Brown jogging back too.

This pic in the match thread doesn't show 6 at the back anyway.

731603881_ScreenShot2020-11-01at13_15_07.thumb.png.69052452750e839ac86eef1d1bd061a1.png

Pretty sure it was meant to be 4-3-3 on Saturday, think that was Motherwell's formation too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I agree with the call on Jason Holt. Not sure what he brings to the team over Sibbald in the same position. 

I think a lot of our good performances come when Bartley is having a good game and unfortunately he has been garbage for the majority of the season. Might be worth trying Lawson in the same position as he at least has the energy that Bartley has been sorely lacking so far. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I agree with the call on Jason Holt. Not sure what he brings to the team over Sibbald in the same position. 

I think a lot of our good performances come when Bartley is having a good game and unfortunately he has been garbage for the majority of the season. Might be worth trying Lawson in the same position as he at least has the energy that Bartley has been sorely lacking so far. 

I really like Lawson as a player and would have him in the team a lot more often than he is, but he'd be a horrible replacement for Bartley. He can't tackle.

Holt & Sibbald as the sitting 2 would be my call for a bit. Something's clearly not working at the moment

4 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I really like Lawson as a player and would have him in the team a lot more often than he is, but he'd be a horrible replacement for Bartley. He can't tackle.

Holt & Sibbald as the sitting 2 would be my call for a bit. Something's clearly not working at the moment

Kind of goes without saying, but I'm baffled how we've went from being defensively solid last season to being utterly powderpuff this. The only real changes are the loss of Dykes and Lawless, and Ambrose's move into the starting XI. Lawless and Dykes are major misses, no doubt about, but I think Lawless and up until recently, Tiffoney, have contributed more than adequately in chipping in. Ambrose is a class act, but I never get the feeling the risk he brings is worth the reward.

I have faith in Holt, and I would contest that the winless streak we endured for 13 games or whatever in the middle of last season was worse than this.

Having seen every other team in the league at least once this season now, I think we'll be scrubbing it out with Accies, St Mirren and County at the foot of the table. Friday's game is absolutely massive; really need a positive performance and result to stop the rot.

Kinda gives me a wee bit of hope that our strikers cant get any worse than they have been lately.Teams below us have games in hand,but weve the points on the board.Its not looking great but we always do things the hard way.Think most of us now realise the job weve got to do to stay in this division. Hopefully can build on last nights result and kick on.We know we are better than this,up to those players to confirm the faith we have in them.🦁

Jack Hamilton scoring again for East Fife, i know it's a couple of div below but at least he's getting regular games and is scoring goals. Big Lars got the full 90 at Raith too in their 5-0 demolition of Morton, didn't score any goals but must've been doing well or he'd have been subbed. Hopefully both of them keep it up and get plenty games to sharpen them up and perhaps come back to us in Jan raring to go.

14 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Jack Hamilton scoring again for East Fife, i know it's a couple of div below but at least he's getting regular games and is scoring goals. Big Lars got the full 90 at Raith too in their 5-0 demolition of Morton, didn't score any goals but must've been doing well or he'd have been subbed. Hopefully both of them keep it up and get plenty games to sharpen them up and perhaps come back to us in Jan raring to go.

I've had a look at their highlights to see jack's goals and he taken them well. Would like to see him get a good return and then a run in the team when he's back

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I've had a look at their highlights to see jack's goals and he taken them well. Would like to see him get a good return and then a run in the team when he's back

Maybe just needs a run of games in our team too, to see if he can do it at this level, hasn't really had the chance yet, with just the odd appearance, then put out on loan.

Read a Raith account of their game against Morton, highlighting how Lars is doing, sounds very positive.

A better look at Loko: While he didn't get on the scoresheet there's a lot of positives for Lars Lokotsch

The visit to Dundee last week saw the introduction of loanee Lars Lokotsch from Livingston. The Germany striker had a quiet game where he was often restricted as he roamed as a loan striker. Today allowed for the Rovers fans to get a better look at Loko and while he didn't get on the scoresheet there was still a lot to be happy with.

Physically, the forward's imposing presence is similar to Duku. He can act as a target man and win knock downs for the likes of Tait, Armstrong and Ross who can operate in the space he creates. Today saw numerous occasions where he'd pull defenders out from the back line and attempt to win the back closer to the half way line. Defensively, he wasn't a player who looked to shy away from his duties.

With Duku, Vaughan and Ugwu all still on the sidelines, Lokotsch has offered an immediate and effective fix which hasn't disrupted the Rovers form. His link up play has allowed those around him to prosper and he looks unselfish in an attempt to help the team. Even if he's not scoring goals, there's no worry among the support about this given the team's ability to seemingly chip in goals across the pitch.

2 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

Hi lads,

Looking to watch Tuesday's game against the Warriors, for just £8 you can watch at the link below

https://stenhousemuirfc.univtec.com/event/5f7ca45bd8bf793042f07bc1

Commentary from myself and Craig G Telfer, from A View From The Terrace

View from the Terrace a must for me every week.The banter from Craig and the boys is first class.And covers all of Scottish football,unlike others.Looking forward to the game👍

On 08/11/2020 at 13:47, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe just needs a run of games in our team too, to see if he can do it at this level, hasn't really had the chance yet, with just the odd appearance, then put out on loan.

Read a Raith account of their game against Morton, highlighting how Lars is doing, sounds very positive.

A better look at Loko: While he didn't get on the scoresheet there's a lot of positives for Lars Lokotsch

The visit to Dundee last week saw the introduction of loanee Lars Lokotsch from Livingston. The Germany striker had a quiet game where he was often restricted as he roamed as a loan striker. Today allowed for the Rovers fans to get a better look at Loko and while he didn't get on the scoresheet there was still a lot to be happy with.

Physically, the forward's imposing presence is similar to Duku. He can act as a target man and win knock downs for the likes of Tait, Armstrong and Ross who can operate in the space he creates. Today saw numerous occasions where he'd pull defenders out from the back line and attempt to win the back closer to the half way line. Defensively, he wasn't a player who looked to shy away from his duties.

With Duku, Vaughan and Ugwu all still on the sidelines, Lokotsch has offered an immediate and effective fix which hasn't disrupted the Rovers form. His link up play has allowed those around him to prosper and he looks unselfish in an attempt to help the team. Even if he's not scoring goals, there's no worry among the support about this given the team's ability to seemingly chip in goals across the pitch.

I don’t doubt we’ll take him back in January tbh