Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Lokotsch on loan to Raith until January. Makes sense given his recent lack of action. 

When he signed for us in summer he said that he wanted to experience a different culture and improve his English.  One out of two ain't bad, how he's gonna understand the Fifers ............

Yeah Poplatnik has a lot more experience over Lars, and looks like he could do a good job for us if he could just get more game time, so not a bad move putting Lars out on loan for  (hopefully) regular games to sharpen him up, and Poplatnik gets to have a better chance of more game time with Tiffoney and JET as our 3 strikers.

7 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
9 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Stryjek

Lawson Guthrie Brown Serrano

Bartley Sibbald

Mullin Pittman Forrest

Tiffoney

Subs: McCrorie, Devlin, McMillan, ATS, Ambrose, Holt, Robinson, Poplatnik, JET

Backup/Injured: Fitzwater, Pignatiello, Maley, Jacobs, Lithgow

It won't happen but that's how I'd line up on Saturday. I really don't think we've benefited from our big squad so far this season, I think it's led to too many options and us not having a clear first 11.

Can't see Devlin being dropped after his performance against Rangers. Also, I can't wait to see Keaghan back in the side...we've missed his bite in a few games this season.

Yep Devlin had a good game against Sevco, deserves his place again on Sat.

Also think Stryjek and Brown deserve starts against Motherwell, would require dropping McCrorie and Efe though, or will Holt go with all 3 CB's again.:thumbsdown

Typed this out on another forum and can't be arsed starting all over again so just copied and pasted it.

Reading a lot of negative feedback from away fans over our pricing for ppv, and tbh i can't really blame them, it ranges from £9.99 (Sevco), £12.50, £15, £17.50 (St Johnstone) and ours at £20. Mostly the clubs have gone for £15, and that seems to be the limit that most away fans are willing to go to as well, i think we're losing out on an awful lot of money from away supporters because our pricing puts them off.

I know it is priced to protect ST holders, but i think we've made a huge error in judgement over this, maybe too late now because we're halfway into the betfred games, but i think it would've been better to have made the Premiership games ppv at £15 and given some sort of sweetener to ST holders, like free cup games ppv to them, at least for the group stages, or a complimentary hospo match day next season when we're hopefully all back into the ground, at a lower category match.
Edited by LIVIFOREVER

15 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
Typed this out on another forum and can't be arsed starting all over again so just copied and pasted it.

Reading a lot of negative feedback from away fans over our pricing for ppv, and tbh i can't really blame them, it ranges from £9.99 (Sevco), £12.50, £15, £17.50 (St Johnstone) and ours at £20. Mostly the clubs have gone for £15, and that seems to be the limit that most away fans are willing to go to as well, i think we're losing out on an awful lot of money from away supporters because our pricing puts them off.

I know it is priced to protect ST holders, but i think we've made a huge error in judgement over this, maybe too late now because we're halfway into the betfred games, but i think it would've been better to have made the Premiership games ppv at £15 and given some sort of sweetener to ST holders, like free cup games ppv to them, at least for the group stages, or a complimentary hospo match day next season when we're hopefully all back into the ground, at a lower category match.

Main reason I didn't get a ST this season was that there was already someone in my house with one - I was prepared to buy one if the club made up for the lost games but pointless for folk to buy 1+ per household as it stands so the club will lose even more there. 

Overall the stance from the club has been pretty average the last few years, more interested in getting new fans (which is great still), than keeping happy the ones we have. Obviously COVID brings a lot of issues moneywise etc, but the same goes for fans in that respect. Club has been doing great work in the community but feel like the average fan has been a bit shafted for value for money in their season ticket

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Main reason I didn't get a ST this season was that there was already someone in my house with one - I was prepared to buy one if the club made up for the lost games but pointless for folk to buy 1+ per household as it stands so the club will lose even more there. 

Overall the stance from the club has been pretty average the last few years, more interested in getting new fans (which is great still), than keeping happy the ones we have. Obviously COVID brings a lot of issues moneywise etc, but the same goes for fans in that respect. Club has been doing great work in the community but feel like the average fan has been a bit shafted for value for money in their season ticket

Yeah irrespective of covid, i think the group stage betfred cup home games should be included for ST  holders, it's against lower league teams too, which generally is a lower price than Premiership league games, fair enough making it everyone has to pay if we progress to the knockout stages, but giving them the group stages free would be rewarding ST holders loyalty and a goodwill gesture from the club, making them feel valued.  Always seems to be about squeezing the loyal fans for every buck they can get though, which in the long run prob loses some fans, and i'd wager loses a lot more from away fans body swerving our ppv/gate prices too.

I imagine the clubs will be sharing these numbers with each other, so we'd know if we were doing anything that was giving us numbers completely out of step with the rest of the league.

If the club felt the best financial decision was to change the price, they would. Same with giving the betfred games for free. I don't blame the club one bit for making finances the number 1 priority right now.

Doubt they would, not when they've already said it was to protect their ST prices. A lot of ST holders would quite happily let them drop the ppv price if it got more of an uptake, and brought more money in, but equally there would be folk complaining about it. Coming up with some form of a sweetener would help though.

Generally football clubs answer to everything is hike up the prices to compensate for lowering gate numbers, which only drives the gates down more, so they put up the prices again and it's only the most loyal fans left having to pay inflated prices. 

It would be really interesting if clubs published the ppv uptake though.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Gates for the Betfred games are split, and prices decided by both clubs. The club couldn't have given free access to ST holders as a bonus.

I can remember the club doing exactly that when DK was Chairman, cup games were included in ST's , then you had a separate ST for cup games introduced, which was a bummer when all our cup games were drawn away from home. All of which is getting away from the point i made about ppv being too dear, and a sweetener could've been made for ST holders if they were made at a more reasonable price, to get more folk buying them, esp away fans.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I can remember the club doing exactly that when DK was Chairman, cup games were included in ST's , then you had a seperate ST for cup games introduced, which was a bummer when all our cup games were drawn away from home. All of which is getting away from the point i made about ppv being too dear, and a sweetener could've been made for ST holders if they were made at a more reasonable price, to get more folk buying them, esp away fans.

Aye, bottom line is the club have made it clear they care more about money than fans being happy - which is fair enough I suppose. Mind when they tried to charge £20 for a game against some junior/amateur team and only changed their mind because it was clear they'd put everyone off? :lol:

The way they see it (and they're most likely right) is they will make more with expensive prices, as the number of extra purchases wouldn't make up  for a lower price.

Edited by LiviLion

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Aye, bottom line is the club have made it clear they care more about money than fans being happy - which is fair enough I suppose. Mind when they tried to charge £20 for a game against some junior/amateur team and only changed their mind because it was clear they'd put everyone off? :lol:

Oh f**k aye, that was a right bit of drama, with John Ward coming on to argue the point, then backing down. Brings back memories of Flynn and Massone having slagging matches on the LiviLions forum, some crazy times following Livi.

6 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I imagine the clubs will be sharing these numbers with each other, so we'd know if we were doing anything that was giving us numbers completely out of step with the rest of the league.

If the club felt the best financial decision was to change the price, they would. Same with giving the betfred games for free. I don't blame the club one bit for making finances the number 1 priority right now.

Essentially Livi have priced themselves out of the market for those fans that are undecided. If the intended outcome was to only protect the interests of Season ticket holders then fine and something I understand. But if it was to also raise revenue or a little more from away fans then I am 100% convinced this is backfiring.

I paid £12.50 for St Mirren (even though it was cancelled) as it was good value. I appreciate it is only £7.50 more, but more importantly £20 is only a few pounds less than watching live.  As such I will not be paying and judging by twitter and friends nor will many others. Also on BBC Alba at 6pm. 

17 hours ago, welldaft said:

Essentially Livi have priced themselves out of the market for those fans that are undecided. If the intended outcome was to only protect the interests of Season ticket holders then fine and something I understand. But if it was to also raise revenue or a little more from away fans then I am 100% convinced this is backfiring.

I paid £12.50 for St Mirren (even though it was cancelled) as it was good value. I appreciate it is only £7.50 more, but more importantly £20 is only a few pounds less than watching live.  As such I will not be paying and judging by twitter and friends nor will many others. Also on BBC Alba at 6pm. 

Yeah the club have said it was priced to protect ST holders.

Two things though: 

1. I think ST being priced as normal is also too high, when you're having to watch every game on a less than perfect ppv stream, although they prob thought fans would've been allowed back in a some point, doesn't look likely now. 

2. I think they could've priced the ppv at £15 to atract more customers, esp away fans, and still kept ST happy, by giving them some form of sweetener (free match day hospo at a low cat game next season, for eg). 

I'm not too bothered about the ST prices being the same for ppv as it would be for entry into the ground to watch the game, as it helps keep the club going, but away fans aren't going to be willing to pay over the odds to help another clubs finances, so we've completely shot ourselves in the foot here.

On 27/10/2020 at 19:17, EdinburghLivi said:

Stryjek

Lawson Guthrie Brown Serrano

Bartley Sibbald

Mullin Pittman Forrest

Tiffoney

Subs: McCrorie, Devlin, McMillan, ATS, Ambrose, Holt, Robinson, Poplatnik, JET

Backup/Injured: Fitzwater, Pignatiello, Maley, Jacobs, Lithgow

Serrano good today. Aside from that...

poo satisfying GIF

Get Lawson in for Bartley, McMillan in for Devlin and Ambrose in for Brown. ATS very unlucky not to be playing due to Serrano's form.

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

poo satisfying GIF

Get Lawson in for Bartley, McMillan in for Devlin and Ambrose in for Brown. ATS very unlucky not to be playing due to Serrano's form.

I'd genuinely like to see us try Efe and ATS at CB again. 

11 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

poo satisfying GIF

I'd rather see Efe in for Guthrie and Lawson in for Holt. Also thought Devlin did ok, certainly isn't anywhere near the worst of our performers.

Serrano's balls into the box were really poor today, didn't put in one decent ball all game, most went right over the bar.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Disagree that Devlin was good. Gets up to the edge of the box then never delivers a good ball. Agree that he wasn't the worst but his quality on the ball is so poor. 

Also, although he was poor again, Guthrie coming out and attacking the long balls was one of our few bright spots. Didn't see anything worth praising in Brown's performance and until we start to threaten from long throws again, I don't think he's worth being in the team.

Edited by EdinburghLivi