Livingston - all the threads merged

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The request for the delay is nothing to do with us wanting a "better starting XI", because we should have our full squad back by Saturday regardless. It was the fact that we wouldn't be able to train until Friday at the earliest and therefore wanted a couple of extra days. I don't see any harm in us asking, but it's obviously Livi's prerogative to reject it and I don't have any issues with them doing so.

If the full team are available for Saturday why is this even an issue? I appreciate the players may not have been able to train together as a team until the day before but surely that's not a valid reason for wanting the game postponed? 

I agree there was no harm in asking but to go bleating to the press afterwards seems a bit odd in my opinion. Of course we all know that the gentlemen of the press are no stranger to asking specific questions to manufacture a storywhen none really previously existed.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Easy to see why you never actually post anything and just copy and paste club articles tbh.

"Responce", amongst a full on da post that verges on "sink us and we'll sink you".

As a fan of a club who were shafted, and forced play Aberdeen when they'd recovered squad strength, while also being forced to wedge a game in midweek to make it 5 games in 17 days at the start of the season, I reckon any club who doesn't reject a request for postponement are absolute fannies.

Exactly, you'd think Killie were the first to be put out with covid tests, Accies have had their training interrupted before games too, and just got on with it without all this fuss. No idea if Rice asked for a delay, but he didn't go greetin about it to the press if he did, and making out the opposition team were selfish c***s, and Killie were white knights. All very Hearts esque and Ann Budge that pish.

Nothing to do with the Premiership and Livi but what is the difference  of a Premiership team fielding a colts team for the challenge cup against lower league teams and doing the same in the betfred cup when half your team is in isolation still?

12 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is your squad not back on Wed, and get another test before Saturday?

My understanding is that Friday will be the first day of training for most of them, with the exception of the ones who actually tested positive for covid or were out injured and therefore not training during the week in question and not asked to isolate. A handful, but not all, of these guys are available tonight and were training with our youth team yesterday.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

If the full team are available for Saturday why is this even an issue? I appreciate the players may not have been able to train together as a team until the day before but surely that's not a valid reason for wanting the game postponed? 

I agree there was no harm in asking but to go bleating to the press afterwards seems a bit odd in my opinion. Of course we all know that the gentlemen of the press are no stranger to asking specific questions to manufacture a storywhen none really previously existed.

For me it looks like a "if you don't ask, you don't get" type of thing on our part. Dyer was doing a scheduled press conference yesterday so I've no idea what he was asked to set this off.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

For me it looks like a "if you don't ask, you don't get" type of thing on our part. Dyer was doing a scheduled press conference yesterday so I've no idea what he was asked to set this off.

I absolutely understand that; at the end of the day what's the worst that could happen; if we'd had a number of key players carrying knocks then maybe the loss of days prep for our game against Sevco would have been cancelled out by having key player back in action.

The winging about it afterwards is something that seems to have wound most people up but then we all know how selective the media can be.

While i sympathise with Killie,i hope Livi are profesional enough to go out and get those 3 points.Could be vital if the season comes to a premature end,same goes for Killie.It could happen to us so getting as many points on the board is essential if we are to keep ourselves safe,in more ways than one.

I'm sure Dyer will use it to fire the players up against us, an old Mourinho trick, irrespective of how many days training Killie players have, they're a good team and it'll be a tough game. We're on a hiding to nothing with it too, if we win it'll be because Killie had this covid isolation put on them, if we lose Killie will get it right up us for not being "fair" to them.

All we can do is go in and play our usual game, and don't let this little tiff affect us. 

Seems to be two interesting extremes within our fanbase when it comes to opinions on McCrorie: those that have seen him as rotten since day dot, and those that will (quite) rightly back one of our players. 

FWIW, he isn’t a rotten ‘keeper by any stretch but equally, I haven’t seen anything so far to suggest he has any quality to even be half decent in this league. I am presuming that his status as the third choice international ‘keeper in the last couple of squads is solely down to his time with the U21s and not based on recent performances.

I'm neither, but i don't have confidence in him being good enough to make the kind of saves that will gain us points, but was willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong. That has gone after yesterday's game though. I've defended him at times but still thought Stryjek deserved a chance, as the little i've seen of him (3 games) he's just looked a better keeper, more confident and exudes that confidence transferring it onto his defence. Has pulled off several great saves too, i can only think of one good block McCrorie made, against Aberdeen, which we still lost. In the 3 games Stryjek played, i can think of 1 against Sevco, 2 against Edin City, and 1 Alloa, that would prob have all gone in against McCrorie.

I'm just desperate for Stryjek to get a run of games to see what he can do, and don't think McCrorie has done enough to stop him from getting that chance. Also don't think any outfield player would be getting the same chances McCrorie is getting, Holt isn't so slow in changing outfield players after poor performances. 

I'm neither, but i don't have confidence in him being good enough to make the kind of saves that will gain us points, but was willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong. That has gone after yesterday's game though. I've defended him at times but still thought Stryjek deserved a chance, as the little i've seen of him (3 games) he's just looked a better keeper, more confident and exudes that confidence transferring it onto his defence. Has pulled off several great saves too, i can only think of one good block McCrorie made, against Aberdeen, which we still lost. In the 3 games Stryjek played, i can think of 1 against Sevco, 2 against Edin City, and 1 Alloa, that would prob have all gone in against McCrorie.
I'm just desperate for Stryjek to get a run of games to see what he can do, and don't think McCrorie has done enough to stop him from getting that chance. Also don't think any outfield player would be getting the same chances McCrorie is getting, Holt isn't so slow in changing outfield players after poor performances. 
This is exactly what I've been saying. Stryjek has made huge saves in his short playing time. McCrorie has made more mistakes than important saves....granted he's got away with some and Stryjek might be just as bad but now is the time to make the change and we'll find out

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

This is exactly what I've been saying. Stryjek has made huge saves in his short playing time. McCrorie has made more mistakes than important saves....granted he's got away with some and Stryjek might be just as bad but now is the time to make the change and we'll find out

Similar to Stewart last season, the Accies defeat with Stewart having a bad game was the one that gave Sarkic his chance, and he never looked back, i think Stryjek could be the same, and have the same impact Sarkic had. His punch from a free kick gave us the start of our break up the pitch to score against Alloa too, he punches the ball as far as some players kick it. Also like the way he gets quickly out to clear balls played in behind our defenders, no hesitation in going for it.

Oh dear.

Livingston boss Gary Holt refused to lay blame at goalkeeper Robby McCrorie after the Lions let a lead slip in a 3-1 home loss to Kilmarnock.

Holt said: "He’s (McCrorie) learning his trade. He has done well for us. He made a mistake, he probably thought he had more time to gather it and has been unlucky.

“It’s a lonely world being a keeper. Robby has held his hands up and said he cost us but he didn’t.

Dunno what to make of Holt's comments here, if he really believes that, or is just not wanting to publicly slate McCrorie and ruin his confidence, hope it's the latter.

Oh dear.
Livingston boss Gary Holt refused to lay blame at goalkeeper Robby McCrorie after the Lions let a lead slip in a 3-1 home loss to Kilmarnock.

Holt said: "He’s (McCrorie) learning his trade. He has done well for us. He made a mistake, he probably thought he had more time to gather it and has been unlucky.

“It’s a lonely world being a keeper. Robby has held his hands up and said he cost us but he didn’t.

Dunno what to make of Holt's comments here, if he really believes that, or is just not wanting to publicly slate McCrorie and ruin his confidence, hope it's the latter.
I think he is, quite rightly, protecting him. Robbie will know that he had a shocker today. There's no point in publicly slating him. I wouldn't read too much into it.

As much as I agree that McCrorie should now be dropped for Stryjek and that his mistakes were key in us losing two of the three goals, he wasn't the only one who played poorly yesterday. The defence, in particular, appeared to have taken a back-step in terms of their organisation. Ambrose struggled with Kabamba, Jon was uncharacteristically shaky and Serrano did not have a handle on Burke.

9 hours ago, Afro said:

I am presuming that his status as the third choice international ‘keeper in the last couple of squads is solely down to his time with the U21s 

A real head scratcher to figure out why Rangers keeper McCrorie has jumped the queue for International recognition.

I think we missed Forrest when he was subbed, looked like Pitts was trying to play in his position but wasn't as good at getting there when Serrano was playing balls up the wing.

Yeah our defence wasn't great yesterday either, their first goal was the old cutback across the edge of our 18 yard box, where all of our defenders were in a line running towards the 6 yard box (think there were 3 of them, haven't watched any highlights, the pain from watching it live hasn't subsided enough yet), and a Killie player having acres of space to get onto the ball, exact same frailty we displayed in our opening league games where Hibs exploited us so easily. Why doesn't one of them hang back and cover the opposition player, it isn't the first time they've been caught out like this.  

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

A real head scratcher to figure out why Rangers keeper McCrorie has jumped the queue for International recognition.

I think we got the wrong McCrorie brother on loan, the Aberdeen one has been getting deserved plaudits, whereas ours is just bewildering reading the praise he gets, esp after watching him playing for Livi.

Stryjek has only played in 3 games for us and you can immediately see an improvement compared to McCrorie, in every one of those games. So frustrating seeing him sitting on the bench and not getting his chance in league games outside of Sevco. I think that's what makes the criticism on McCrorie even worse, our fans wanting Stryjek to have a chance getting a run of games, so we can see one way or the other if he really is an improvement in goals. If he isn't then it would prob be more acceptable letting McCrorie develop as our number one, mistakes and all.

There's a stat i never expected, Marvin Bartley the 2nd most fouled player in the Premiership.:o🤣

Dunno how they base these sort of stats on actual physical tackles to separate from dissent, hand balls etc, because they've got Tiffoney ahead of Holt in their top 20 dirtiest players, and no way Tiffs is as physical as Holt, he gets a lot of hand ball fouls though, and clumsy trips. So really it's a lot of shite, but quite funny to see Marv in their list as 2nd most fouled player, and not even in the dirty list, he'll prob be upset at that.😄

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-premierships-dirtiest-most-fouled-22870520

19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

There's a stat i never expected, Marvin Bartley the 2nd most fouled player in the Premiership.:o🤣

Dunno how they base these sort of stats on actual physical tackles to separate from dissent, hand balls etc, because they've got Tiffoney ahead of Holt in their top 20 dirtiest players, and no way Tiffs is as physical as Holt, he gets a lot of hand ball fouls though, and clumsy trips. So really it's a lot of shite, but quite funny to see Marv in their list as 2nd most fouled player, and not even in the dirty list, he'll prob be upset at that.😄

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-premierships-dirtiest-most-fouled-22870520

Marv is very good at getting his foot between the defender and the ball at the last minute and winning fouls to break up play. Probably the most proficient in the dark arts at the club